Page 134 of 828 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 12414
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Just saw "Into the Spider-verse." Too good, too good! I loved everything about this movie except one thing: spoilers:
    How was Prowler's costume NOT bulletproof? With all the crazy tech he apparently had access too, the one thing he forgot to do was make sure he couldn't be killed by bullets?

I also had hard feelings about the respect being shown to Aaron at the conclusion of the film. I mean, no offense, but the dude was a hitman. He had absolutely ZERO problems with killing a child, he only did the right thing when he discovered that the child in question was his nephew. If it HADN'T been Miles, he'd have slit the boy's throat with no problem. I'm not sure a guy like that deserves a "Rest in Power."
    end of spoilers

Whoever voiced Miles was so good. No offense to Donald Glover's version from the cartoon series, but this is the voice I hear in my head when I read a Miles Morales comic, now.
    Technically no one knows Spider-Man is boy, just a really short dude.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    Technically no one knows Spider-Man is boy, just a really short dude.
    Prowler knew. He told Kingpin over the phone: "Wherever the kid went, I'll find him. You know me, Sir, I never give up." He was gonna scope some surveillance footage, just to hunt him down.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Carmen goes from being an amoral criminal mastermind and the head of her own syndicate to another generic antihero loner with an attitude. Like, who are these people who revise old properties by making them unrecognizable, and how do they keep getting work? With the exception of Voltron and She-Ra, most of these shows look like complete dumpster fires. TNMT, Thundercats, Reboot, etc.

But, speaking of a revival that ISN'T terrible, Young Justice S3 so far has been pretty fun. Surprisingly gorey too.
    Huh? ThunderCats was pretty good...lotta world building

Liking YJ as well athough gocus on NW is boooooring

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Huh? ThunderCats was pretty good...lotta world building

Liking YJ as well athough gocus on NW is boooooring
    Thundercats 2011 was great. I was referring to the upcoming remake. Benson and Stabler would be like, "This is too sick, even for our show."

NW aside, maaaaan, Batman plays too many games. Always has to be the smartest guy in the room. I was happy when Jefferson called him out on it.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Thundercats 2011 was great. I was referring to the upcoming remake. Benson and Stabler would be like, "This is too sick, even for our show."
    https://youtu.be/bDyZ3KrgIZs

Bruh what the actual f^ck.... like why??
    NW aside, maaaaan, Batman plays too many games. Always has to be the smartest guy in the room. I was happy when Jefferson called him out on it.
    Ha me too. . am I alone thinking Jefferson looks like Donald Glover???

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I also think that some of these shows aren't really for kids, so much as they're for their 30-Something hipster parents.
    Judging from reactions Im seeing online.....I think you are right

A video from Ahmed Best in which he talks about his struggle with suicidal feelings after being harassed for playing Jar Jar Binks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Judging from reactions Im seeing online.....I think you are right
    Right? Shows like Carmen Sandiego, the new Magic school bus, she-ra, DuckTales, Steven Universe all have this asthetic where they only seem to be for kids on the surface, but they really want adults to like them, cause adults don't watch cartoons, forget about anime, family guy and the simpsons.

I thought about this when I was watching Ducktales and realized, I might be part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Right? Shows like Carmen Sandiego, the new Magic school bus, she-ra, DuckTales, Steven Universe all have this asthetic where they only seem to be for kids on the surface, but they really want adults to like them, cause adults don't watch cartoons, forget about anime, family guy and the simpsons.

I thought about this when I was watching Ducktales and realized, I might be part of the problem.
    my kids loved the new magic school bus

plus, nostalgia movies are big business, might as well try and tap into nostalgia cartoons i guess
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 01-06-2019 at 08:21 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Carmen goes from being an amoral criminal mastermind and the head of her own syndicate to another generic antihero loner with an attitude. Like, who are these people who revise old properties by making them unrecognizable, and how do they keep getting work? With the exception of Voltron and She-Ra, most of these shows look like complete dumpster fires. TNMT, Thundercats, Reboot, etc.

But, speaking of a revival that ISN'T terrible, Young Justice S3 so far has been pretty fun. Surprisingly gorey too.
    In fairness, making thieves into heroes is a trope as old as Robin Hood. Hell we got four movies and a t.v. show out of the concept. And there's also Catwoman, Black Cat, Gambit etc. If anything that they didn't do this sooner with Carmen is more a surprise.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In fairness, making thieves into heroes is a trope as old as Robin Hood. Hell we got four movies and a t.v. show out of the concept. And there's also Catwoman, Black Cat, Gambit etc. If anything that they didn't do this sooner with Carmen is more a surprise.
    Yeah this Carmen is visibly ethnic and younger than the original. She also seems to have a Samus like bodysuit on under the coat.

Both the Detective Agency and V.I.L.E. now have named leader type characters attached to them.

They are thinking action figures, Funkos and Halloween costumes with the redesign.

The only merch from the original pushed was the game, as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

I'm with Jeff. I wouldn't trust Batman either. I also love how he didn't play second fiddle to Nightwing either. I was afraid that would happen, but I should have known better. This is Weisman we're talking about...

Anyway, I expect Anissa to join the team in season 4 (which i feel we'll get). Jennifer seems too young to join tho.
    Last edited by El_Gato; 01-06-2019 at 03:39 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Heh.

The respectful Thundercats remake of 2011 only lasted a season.

So in Cartoon Network's thinking, the only logical solution was to turn it into a Adventure Time/Steven Universe clone (this is CN's default answer to nearly everything).