Page 135 of 828 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235635 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 12414
    Ultimate Member

That summed up what a lot of folks feel about R Kelly.
    The main ones who suddenly want him ruined were the main ones DEFENDING him. Yet were ready for Bill Cosby & Chris Brown witch hunts.

They had no issue with Ebony, Essence & Vibe defending him.
    Nor IFC giving him a show.
    Nor Glee performing his songs.

Nor him going on a tour with B2k & Nick Cannon-where no one had trouble letting girls around him.
    That is what makes me mad about these folks-they want to cherry pick rage. Like they are doing with Derrick Rose. Now suddenly the usual witch hunt crew is mad because he's getting all star votes and MVP chants.

Anyway-question for yall-what is Dc going to do about the Green Lantern franchise?

Who do you think of creator wise when someone says that name? The writer and artist. Who created Jessica Cruz. The enemy of John Stewart fans.
    With the say the artist is acting especially on Twitter-do you keep using her? Dc already has 2 black eyes with a certain ex editor and Border Town's mess. While his antics happened AFTER leaving DC-someone is going to take them to task about why did no one see that behavior?

And that is NOT a good thing when you have a NEW boss.
    Do you use her and keep giving him royalties or does she eventually become pitch toxic?

She's in DC Super Hero Girls, got a figure and her GL run with Simon did pretty well. Is the profit worth any possible backlash?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I have had that EXACT SAME CONVERSATION at work about Bill Cosby at two different jobs. But each time it was with women who were pissed off about Cosby going down! He's a rapist. He fucks women without consent and used his fame and money to get away with it, and they want to be like "Well, what were those women doing alone with him anyway?"

Two things about women that have blown my mind are:

A.) Learning they like sex as much as we do when I was 17, and

B.) Learning they can be just as willfully ignorant and hateful about rape culture as any dude when I was 37.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Heh.

The respectful Thundercats remake of 2011 only lasted a season.

So in Cartoon Network's thinking, the only logical solution was to turn it into a Adventure Time/Steven Universe clone (this is CN's default answer to nearly everything).
    Unfortunately they have no choice due to how popular SU, AT and TT GO are

There are also posts on social media comparing RK to hugh heffner and asking why it isn't ok for a black man....

Can't make this shit up.

All people suck lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Lifetime’s docuseries “Surviving R. Kelly” not only broke viewership records, but provided us with an appalling glimpse into the unspeakable harm he inflicted upon dozens—if not hundreds—of black women.

And while the rest of us were glued to our television sets over the course of the six episodes spread out over three separate nights, TMZ reports that Kelly was “disgusted” by the gruesome details unearthed in the docuseries and refused to watch a single minute of it.

Reportedly, he also believes the documentary is merely a “vendetta” against him, as opposed to a call for both accountability for his behavior and justice for those he tormented.

Furthermore, his team reportedly informed him of which individuals appeared in the docuseries and he denies knowing half of them, while dismissing the rest as traitors with self-serving motives.

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/r-k...lly-1831533009

What I don't get from the justification crowd is how you justify:

1. trying ot marry a 15 year old

2. pissing on a 14 year old

what mental gymnastics make that work?

Why would a grown ass man wanna hang around teenagers anyway? they are annoying as hell to be around for more than 4 minutes

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

One of the perks of being a great singer. You have a lot of people defending you of the most heinous of crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    One of the perks of being a great singer. You have a lot of people defending you of the most heinous of crimes.
    I still to this day can't believe he calls himself "The Pied Piper", and not only does that not send alarms but people support him.

It's like if Dr. Murder McKillface had a lengthy and troubling history in the operating room, but he's from the neighborhood so "what are you going to do?"
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post

It's like if Dr. Murder McKillface had a lengthy and troubling history in the operating room, but he's from the neighborhood so "what are you going to do?"

This kinda reminds me of the Jimmy Saville situation. People knew what he was but covered it up and blocked others from saying the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    This kinda reminds me of the Jimmy Saville situation. People knew what he was but covered it up and blocked others from saying the truth
    It's different though, because when the English public found out about Saville, they tore down his statue and demanded all his public tributes be removed. He's considered a black mark on the history of music in the U.K. With Kelly, that's isn't happening because people just don't want to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    It's different though, because when the English public found out about Saville, they tore down his statue and demanded all his public tributes be removed. He's considered a black mark on the history of music in the U.K. With Kelly, that's isn't happening because people just don't want to hear it.
    I was referring more to how it was covered up and ignored when it was going on

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

what mental gymnastics make that work?

Why would a grown ass man wanna hang around teenagers anyway? they are annoying as hell to be around for more than 4 minutes

Actually it's not surprising when you think about it, because people have different viewpoints on what's considered adult age and what's considered a child. For example, if I recall correctly, an adult can date someone 14 years of age, and the drinking age is 14 in other European countries.

It would be a much harder line to draw if he was doing like 8-10 year olds, because universally that's considered still a child. But when you hit the 14-15 teenage years, people have different opinions of if they're considered adults or not.

Now legally he has no pass, but I can understand why some people could question the morality of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I still to this day can't believe he calls himself "The Pied Piper"
    This fool came out rockin' a satin mask... what more can he do to finally gtfoh is all I want to know.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Actually it's not surprising when you think about it, because people have different viewpoints on what's considered adult age and what's considered a child. For example, if I recall correctly, an adult can date someone 14 years of age, and the drinking age is 14 in other European countries.

It would be a much harder line to draw if he was doing like 8-10 year olds, because universally that's considered still a child. But when you hit the 14-15 teenage years, people have different opinions of if they're considered adults or not.

Now legally he has no pass, but I can understand why some people could question the morality of it.
    Nope, sorry, still rather surprising.

anyone that thinks a middle school kid (14) is an adult is either creepy or has never talked to a 14 year old kid before

any american using what some euro and african countries age of consent as a argument is doubly creepy since they probably couldn't even find the countries on a damn map.