Page 139 of 827 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239639 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 12403

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Where is it the Pied Piper of Hamelin is from?
    ****, if gave some of 'yall' longitude and latitudinal, plot points, you still might not find it so...

I'm through, I am on the clock after all.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    So exceptions should be made for those who commit crimes but strenuously disagree? This isn't exactly the same as smoking a joint in a red state. No one cares if a few Uncle teddy's disagree about the age of consent.
    Oh let me be clear, I'm not advocating that 14 year olds should be seen as adult or trying to get people to see 14 year olds as adults. The opposite actually, morally I don't believe in a arbitrary number on when someone's considered an adult. I've seen 14 year olds who maturity is like a 25 year old, and I've seen 30 year olds dating 21 year old where the 21 year olds maturity was literally like a pre-teen. So for me, morally, someone's considered an adult when they have the maturity and are capable of making adult like decisions. I honestly didn't really consider myself an adult until I was like 23 years old, and a lot of my maturity was gain living in Japan.

Legally is a different story, the law is 18 years old so legally he should have been jail. But morally, I can see why people may view 14 year olds as adult. Think about all of the black folks defending R Kelly, they aren't just Uncle Teddy ruff necks sipping on cider. We're talking about black men AND women of all ages and all types defending this guy.

Now compare that to cosby, who while hurting the black community, very little people defended. He was a much larger celebrity than R Kelly and did way more for the community than R Kelly ever had, but we as cast out because his actions were considered inexcusable by pretty much everyone.

So what's the difference? Simple, many of these people who defend R Kelly view 14 year olds as adults and therefore are responsible enough to make their own decision. Now if people agree or disagree with that logic is entirely on them, I'm just stating it makes a lot of sense why he gets the protection he does.

Extraordinary Member

I hope this focus does not take away from Bryan Singer. Plenty people supported his last film, with full knowledge of his transgressions.

Let's not forget other back in the day Lolita Lovers: Elvis Presley & Jerry Lee Lewis (Great Balls Of Fire).

When it comes to the legacies of child predators, if the Joker is not your flavor, then tap into your inner Killmonger and......

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I hope this focus does not take away from Bryan Singer. Plenty people supported his last film, with full knowledge of his transgressions.

Let's not forget other back in the day Lolita Lovers: Elvis Presley & Jerry Lee Lewis (Great Balls Of Fire).

When it comes to the legacies of child predators, if the Joker is not your flavor, then tap into your inner Killmonger and......

They are everywhere.

Don't forget we have a confirmed pedo billionaire (Epstein) who pals around with presidents, royalty, celebrities....

This **** runs deep.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Now compare that to cosby, who while hurting the black community, very little people defended. He was a much larger celebrity than R Kelly and did way more for the community than R Kelly ever had, but we as cast out because his actions were considered inexcusable by pretty much everyone.

So what's the difference? Simple, many of these people who defend R Kelly view 14 year olds as adults and therefore are responsible enough to make their own decision. Now if people agree or disagree with that logic is entirely on them, I'm just stating it makes a lot of sense why he gets the protection he does.
    I've heard plenty of people defending Cosby. The whole "he was set up because he was trying to buy NBC" nonsense is one example. So no I don't see the difference. Just idiots defending a celebrity they are into. Plus throw in a lot of unaddressed hatred and/or apathy toward black girls in the case of the R(apist) Kelly defenders.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

I brought this guy up a few years ago and some clown went in on me for "accusing him with no proof" over on the film board. Then when I posted about five articles he said they were smears.

I don't get why people Stan for celebrities that don't give a #### about them.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Well I didn't say "all". I said no one rational thinks that. There are plenty of idiots in this country...see the "MAGA" crew for an easy example. Or the "flat Earth" crew.

Or the "its okay for grown men (or women) to have sex with 14 year old children" crew.

Eh, not really the same.

MAGA is based primarily on the immigrants taking over and straight up racism/bigotry.

Flat Earth crew are folks who refuse to accept science, so of course that's stupid.

But age of consent is culturally influenced. there are major European countries 1st world and successful that have varied ages regarding age of alcohol, age of consent, age of when they can enlist in the army, etc etc. So to say no one rational would see a 14 year old as an adult makes no sense because the mindset is culturally influence.

Extraordinary Member

In regards to Kelly & Cosby....

We would not need to make comparisons if Kelly was like Cosby, and had a thing for white flesh.

It was assaulting white women that eventually did Cosby in, imo. Had Kelly snatched up underage white teenage girls, he'd been in jail way back in the 1990's.

If Kelly was doing interviews in matching outfits with Brittney or Christina on BET back in the day, the law would have intervened with a quickness.

Part of the problem is the general perception that black teenage girls are somehow less innocent than their white counterparts.

Astonishing Member

I've heard plenty of people defending Cosby. The whole "he was set up because he was trying to buy NBC" nonsense is one example. So no I don't see the difference. Just idiots defending a celebrity they are into. Plus throw in a lot of unaddressed hatred and/or apathy toward black girls in the case of the R(apist) Kelly defenders.
    Wait what? Are you talking about before or after he was proven guilty? I mean I've heard people originally start to defend him when first started. But after the multiple women started to come out, the support died down drastically, and then after he was found guilty I haven't heard a peep. Maybe I'm not listening in the right areas but then it would for me to hear it only when the allegations first began.

Eh, not really the same.

MAGA is based primarily on the immigrants taking over and straight up racism/bigotry.

Flat Earth crew are folks who refuse to accept science, so of course that's stupid.

But age of consent is culturally influenced. there are major European countries 1st world and successful that have varied ages regarding age of alcohol, age of consent, age of when they can enlist in the army, etc etc. So to say no one rational would see a 14 year old as an adult makes no sense because the mindset is culturally influence.
    Lol...don't know why you keep bringing up what other countries do.

No rational thinking person who grew up in this country (America) and this culture (American) thinks 14 and 15 year old girls are adults. I can't speak on what happens in European and other countries...and neither can illiterate ass R.Kelly or the people around him who helped facilitate his depravity. He wasn't doing what he does because "adult" means something else in Djibouti or wherever.

...wow.

R. Kelly is not from some other culture and is not from a time period when having sexual relationships with kids is okay. Maybe his grandfather married a 13 year old or something but as you yourself said cultures constantly change. One of those changes in the period R. Kelly exists in is grown men don't screw little girls. There are laws and everything. It's not rocket surgery..

Astonishing Member

In regards to Kelly & Cosby....

We would not need to make comparisons if Kelly was like Cosby, and had a thing for white flesh.

It was assaulting white women that eventually did Cosby in, imo. Had Kelly snatched up underage white teenage girls, he'd been in jail way back in the 1990's.

If Kelly was doing interviews in matching outfits with Brittney or Christina on BET back in the day, the law would have intervened with a quickness.

Part of the problem is the general perception that black teenage girls are somehow less innocent than their white counterparts.

I do believe that may be part of it, but it's also the manner in how these events happened. After all, Cosby straight up date raped women, so there was no excuse of things being consensual. From what I've heard, the two girls with R Kelly was entirely consensual, and that's the biggest excuse that protects R Kelly at the moment. There's no way he would receive support from the black community if R Kelly straight up date raped the two girls, even if white people didn't cared.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They are everywhere.

Don't forget we have a confirmed pedo billionaire (Epstein) who pals around with presidents, royalty, celebrities....

This **** runs deep.
    Yes, indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I brought this guy up a few years ago and some clown went in on me for "accusing him with no proof" over on the film board. Then when I posted about five articles he said they were smears.

I don't get why people Stan for celebrities that don't give a #### about them.
    Folks should have boycotted the last film. I think the need to get Freddie's story out was more important than the history of the man behind putting Mercury's story out. But this is partly why I'm cynical about people and their moral outrage.

plus blacks are seen as older

8 year old black males are grown ass men

14 year old black girl is like... 28 years old in germany
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Wait what? Are you talking about before or after he was proven guilty?
    After.

I do believe that may be part of it, but it's also the manner in how these events happened. After all, Cosby straight up date raped women, so there was no excuse of things being consensual. From what I've heard, the two girls with R Kelly was entirely consensual, and that's the biggest excuse that protects R Kelly at the moment. There's no way he would receive support from the black community if R Kelly straight up date raped the two girls, even if white people didn't cared.
    Wait...you think there are only two girls?

It doesn't matter if it was "consensual". Children can't consent. The dude is a child predator.

I don't think Singer's allegations will be out of the spotlight anytime soon

Bohemian Rhapsody win causes controversy, awkwardness at Golden Globes

https://ew.com/golden-globes/2019/01...golden-globes/