Page 14 of 827 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114514 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Innnnnnnteresting. Aren't those the Go-buster outfits? Isn't that show like ten years old, now? I mean I liked it (I'm a big mark for Sentai shows), but it's interesting that they're going backwards. Not that I'm complaining, because they had some killer looking zords on that show, and now maybe I can pick some up at Wal-mart.
    Yes. Saban is adapting Go-Busters next. I can't find where it was said this is directly because Hasbro purchased the franchise, but I strongly believe that to be the case. Plus it leaves the door open to going back to older iterations that were skipped (like ToQger!).

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Yes. Saban is adapting Go-Busters next. I can't find where it was said this is directly because Hasbro purchased the franchise, but I strongly believe that to be the case. Plus it leaves the door open to going back to older iterations that were skipped (like ToQger!).
    I'm pretty excited by the Hasbro purchase. Hasbro always had the best toys, and I really liked their channel, the Hub. They seriously had some good ass cartoons. G.I. Joe renegades, Transformers Prime, that brony flytrap garbage whose name I refuse to type, plus classics like Transformers Animated.

Although, their last two transformer shows have been moist garbage.

What is this crap? What's going on? Is this really the same company that did Prime?
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Not much of a sentai follower, but wasn't Go-busters apparently rather unpopular?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not much of a sentai follower, but wasn't Go-busters apparently rather unpopular?
    It was popular with adult fans, but hit or miss with the target audience. It was a really dark series, with a villain named Enter who legitimately scared the kiddies, leading to parent complaints. Kids hated him because he looked human, seemed really nice, and then out of nowhere, he'd just kill a fool. ( Basically, Kefka.) And he got really fixated on the red Sentai to single white female levels of creepy, and they just couldn't handle it. (the head writer is a big fan of Satoshi Kon, so if you've seen Paranoia Agent or Perfect Blue, you know what that means.)

Executives hated the show because the writers didn't put enough emphasis on the robots. No mid-season upgrades, no super armor power ups, only five rangers total = less toys to merchandise and sell. It's still a classic, though. It's part of the dark trilogy, with Jetman, and Timeranger, of edgy sentai shows.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 08-19-2018 at 05:25 AM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

It was popular with adult fans, but hit or miss with the target audience. It was a really dark series, with a villain named Enter who legitimately scared the kiddies, leading to parent complaints. Kids hated him because he looked human, seemed really nice, and then out of nowhere, he'd just kill a fool. ( Basically, Kefka.) And he got really fixated on the red Sentai to single white female levels of creepy, and they just couldn't handle it. (the head writer is a big fan of Satoshi Kon, so if you've seen Paranoia Agent or Perfect Blue, you know what that means.)

Executives hated the show because the writers didn't put enough emphasis on the robots. No mid-season upgrades, no super armor power ups, only five rangers total = less toys to merchandise and sell. It's still a classic, though. It's part of the dark trilogy, with Jetman, and Timeranger, of edgy sentai shows.
    Interesting. I'm reminded of Lord Zedd getting complaints about him being too scary. It's odd to hear these complaints coming from kids these days.

Thanks for the info.

Also, when I saw the Beast Morphers cast I briefly thought we were seeing the RPM cast again.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I really love the art style and animation. I'm glad we're getting this and The Clone Wars at around the same time.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

What is this crap? What's going on? Is this really the same company that did Prime?
    It's definitely a different animation studio. Boulder Media instead of Polygon Pictures (who are now doing Star Was Resistance).
    I didn't know kids were scared of Enter, especially since villainous human characters aren't all that out of the norm for Sentai.

I would also think Japanese audiences would be used to very obsessive rivalries between a hero and villain, but I guess not in this case
    Well, Red, Yellow, and Blue Buster got upgrades at least....

Timeranger got a very good adaptation so that gives me hope for this one.

Too White Bread for This ****: Race and Racism in Laurell K Hamilton’s Urban Fantasy Series

https://stitchmediamix.com/2018/08/0...antasy-series/

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    The cast for power rangers beast morphers

Attachment 69530
    When was the last time Yellow wasn't a blonde White person? Lol
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Mystic Force. Though Nic Sampson has copper hair but is still white.

Least we got a black woman as a pink ranger in Dino Charge. And one more black actor playing a red ranger can't hurt.

I think blue is the ranger color with the most minority actors. six black actors (seven if you count movie Billy), eight Asian actors and one latino.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 08-19-2018 at 11:57 AM.

Ultimate Member

Ninja Storm Dustin- He's a person of color.

SPD Yellow Ranger Elizabeth Delgado

Now it has been 5 straight series with a blond white person. 6 if you count Nic as a white guy.

And one more black actor playing a red ranger can't hurt.
    And when they lead it tends to be among the most popular run.

Was the last black one Katie from time force?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Ninja Storm Dustin- He's a person of color.

SPD Yellow Ranger Elizabeth Delgado

Now it has been 5 straight series with a blond white person. 6 if you count Nic as a white guy.

And when they lead it tends to be among the most popular run.
    He is? His wikipedia page doesn't mention that. It lists his heritage as Irish on his father's side and German and Portugese on his mother's with no mention of any non-white heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Was the last black one Katie from time force?
    I was curious so I researched how many times certain races/ethnic groups portrayed a certain ranger color... I included the 2017 movie and only included the main lead for each color (no secondary reds/blues)

RED RANGER (23)
    White: 13
    Latino: 3
    Asian: 0
    Black: 4
    Other: 3

BLUE RANGER (22)
    White: 5 (1 Female)
    Latino: 1
    Asian: 7
    Black: 7
    Other: 2 (1 Female)

YELLOW RANGER (21)
    White: 13 (3 Male)
    Latino: 4 (1 Male)
    Asian: 1
    Black: 3
    Other: 0

PINK RANGER (15)
    White: 7
    Latino: 1
    Asian: 5
    Black: 1
    Other: 1

BLACK RANGER (14)
    White: 6
    Latino: 2
    Asian: 2
    Black: 2
    Other: 2

GREEN RANGER (13)
    White: 5
    Asian: 3
    Black: 2
    Other: 1

SILVER RANGER (9)
    White: 8
    Latino: 0
    Asian: 1 (1 Female)
    Black: 0

WHITE RANGER (8)
    White: 5 (2 Males)
    Asian: 2 (1 Male)
    Black: 1

GOLD RANGER (8)
    White: 2
    Asian: 2
    Other: 2

PURPLE RANGER (3)
    White: 3
    Asian: 0

Basically Green, Black, Blue and Gold are the most diverse colors. Pink and Yellow seemed to have swapped in recent years ( In the 90's/ early 00's Yellow was more diverse than Pink). Silver, Purple, White and Red are the least diverse colors.

Latinos have never portrayed Silver, White or Purple rangers and are mostly cast as Red.(males) or Yellow (females) rangers. Asians have never portrayed Red or Purple rangers and are most commonly cast as Blue (males) or Pink (females) rangers. Black people have never portrayed Silver, Gold or Purple rangers and are most commonly cast as Blue (males) or Yellow (females) rangers.
    Last edited by El_Gato; 11-11-2018 at 02:08 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!