Page 140 of 828 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240640 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 12416

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    plus blacks are seen as older

8 year old black males are grown ass men

14 year old black girl is like... 28 years old in germany
    You forgot to carry the German 1. 14 and black in the US is 41 in Germany.

Remember 14 and white in Germany is like 28 and white here.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Had Kelly snatched up underage white teenage girls, he'd been in jail way back in the 1990's.

If Kelly was doing interviews in matching outfits with Brittney or Christina on BET back in the day, the law would have intervened with a quickness.
    I mean, that's so true it's funny. SVU would have yoked up Donnie Simpson and Sherri Carter for questioning right at the studio door. Sad.

Another big difference in Kelly and Cosby is Kelly has a whole lot of co-conspirators. Kelly has worked with a ton of music industry talent over the last 7 years. Dr. Coz did his shit in a vacuum. Maybe a close manager might have known but Cosby always signed for everything. He was a hell of a base coverer.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    You forgot to carry the German 1. 14 and black in the US is 41 in Germany.

Remember 14 and white in Germany is like 28 and white here.
    Right, none of yall understand conversions either I see.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I do believe that may be part of it, but it's also the manner in how these events happened. After all, Cosby straight up date raped women, so there was no excuse of things being consensual. From what I've heard, the two girls with R Kelly was entirely consensual, and that's the biggest excuse that protects R Kelly at the moment. There's no way he would receive support from the black community if R Kelly straight up date raped the two girls, even if white people didn't cared.
    A teen girl does not have the maturity, and life skills to engage in a sexual relationship with a grown man.

Regardless of their age, you can talk an immature/naive person into doing anything. It is criminal to do so with a child.

It is the same thing when grown female teachers take advantage of teen boys. They don't have the life experiences needed to make adult decisions.

I believe what protects R. Kelly is that the general population does not care about the exploitation of black girls.

The perception is: "Look at that fast girl! She think she grown!"

Not much thought is given to what may have shaped her to be that way.

Had Cosby only targeted black women, he'd still be free.....publicly telling black folks about their flaws.....and how they should conduct themselves.

Ultimate Member

Re: R.Kelly.

I closed my mind to him a long, long time ago. I’m talking 90s. I stopped listening to his records more than 20 years ago.

Let’s be very clear about something, R.Kelly’s transgressions have NEVER, EVER been hidden. It’s all over his music, it’s all over his music videos and even his live performances were disgusting. I don’t know how he got away with it for so long, it genuinely boggles my mind. The guy married Aaliyah (she even made a song about, “Age ain’t nothing but a number”’ and if I remember correctly got her pregnant.

I still don’t know why so many people turned a blind eye to R.kelly. Just like the Weinstein thing, a lot of people around Kelly have a lot to answer for. Not to mention that black Americans really need to know when to draw the line regarding who they look up to. There’s been too much glorifying of “trash and pimp” behavior in the community.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I mean, that's so true it's funny. SVU would have yoked up Donnie Simpson and Sherri Carter for questioning right at the studio door. Sad.

Another big difference in Kelly and Cosby is Kelly has a whole lot of co-conspirators. Kelly has worked with a ton of music industry talent over the last 7 years. Dr. Coz did his shit in a vacuum. Maybe a close manager might have known but Cosby always signed for everything. He was a hell of a base coverer.
    Kelly did songs with the Isley Brothers, and a couple with Notorious B.I.G.

Makes me wonder if Biggie (and Puffy since he always had to be in a song's background) was privy to some of Kelly's depravity. Aaliyah was in his video "One More Chance."

Kelly wrote Maxwell's "Fortunate".

I can't help but laugh at the collaboration with Celine Dion. She was a young girl snatched up by a much older man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Lol...don't know why you keep bringing up what other countries do.
    lol just because not everyone subscribes to everything within American culture. For example, living Japan was an eye opening experience for me. Before when I use to think American culture way was the only way, it was essentially shattered living in Japan. So there's many things in American culture I don't agree with, like how someone who's 18 years old can go and die for his country but can't have a beer until he's 21, where in Japan it's all one age (18).

So that's what I mean by people don't have to subscribe to American culture. They can definitely disagree with certain aspects of American lifestyle and as long as it's not illegal or hurtful to others, I don't see anything wrong with it.

With that said, I still disagree with people defending R Kelly just because it's illegal. Until America actually decides to implement a test of sort to determine if someone is an adult, we will have to live with arbitrary numbers.

lol just because not everyone subscribes to everything within American culture. For example, living Japan was an eye opening experience for me. Before when I use to think American culture way was the only way, it was essentially shattered living in Japan. So there's many things in American culture I don't agree with, like how someone who's 18 years old can go and die for his country but can't have a beer until he's 21, where in Japan it's all one age (18).

So that's what I mean by people don't have to subscribe to American culture. They can definitely disagree with certain aspects of American lifestyle and as long as it's not illegal or hurtful to others, I don't see anything wrong with it.

With that said, I still disagree with people defending R Kelly just because it's illegal. Until America actually decides to implement a test of sort to determine if someone is an adult, we will have to live with arbitrary numbers.
    The thing you are refusing ot accept or ignoring is that none of these black aunties and such defending RK know a damn thing about other cultures. At all.

They are defending him purely because he is R. Kelly.

At the same time though, adults targeting 14 year olds is F'd up in America, Germany, Japan, Nigeria, BRazil, I don't care, it is weird
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    A teen girl does not have the maturity, and life skills to engage in a sexual relationship with a grown man.

Regardless of their age, you can talk an immature/naive person into doing anything. It is criminal to do so with a child.

It is the same thing when grown female teachers take advantage of teen boys. They don't have the life experiences needed to make adult decisions.

I believe what protects R. Kelly is that the general population does not care about the exploitation of black girls.

The perception is: "Look at that fast girl! She think she grown!"

Not much thought is given to what may have shaped her to be that way.

Had Cosby only targeted black women, he'd still be free.....publicly telling black folks about their flaws.....and how they should conduct themselves.

But that's is where consistence differs, as there will be plenty who believe a teen girl does have the maturity to make adult like decision. And I legimately believe many of them are in the black community. Especially because of the experiences that many go through that forces us to "grow up fast." Hell, you hear about it in rap music with lyrics talking about "I'm the man of the house at 14."

With that said, I do believe it's a combo effect, the general population caring little about black women, and many within the black community not seeing anything wrong with R Kelly's behavior.

With Cosby, even if he had not gone to jail, he still would have been casted out of the black community because his actions can't be defended, but many within the black community see nothing wrong with what R Kelly done.

Astonishing Member

The thing you are refusing ot accept or ignoring is that none of these black aunties and such defending RK know a damn thing about other cultures. At all.

They are defending him purely because he is R. Kelly.

At the same time though, adults targeting 14 year olds is F'd up in America, Germany, Japan, Nigeria, BRazil, I don't care, it is weird

But that's the thing, you don't know that. You can only assume so, just like many people assume I don't know a lick of Japanese when I took the Nihongo Nouryoku Shiken that allowed me to work in Japan and lived there for almost as many years as I have in America.

So that's the point I'm trying to explain.

1) We don't know what culture people are influence by, or what knowledge they have, and we really shouldn't stereotype.

2) Just because something is a part of American culture does not mean people believe that part of American culture is right.
    People will believe what they want to believe.

Now if you believe a 14 year old is too young to be dating an adult, that's perfectly fine. Again, I'm only stating it makes sense how both black men and women are defending R Kelly, because I definitely believe a good portion of us thinks 14 years old is old enough to take responsibility for yourself and the consequences that are associated with said behavior.

But that's the thing, you don't know that. You can only assume so, just like many people assume I don't know a lick of Japanese when I took the Nihongo Nouryoku Shiken that allowed me to work in Japan and lived there for almost as many years as I have in America.

You are taking your odd upbringing (odd in good way but odd) and pretending it is normal for Americans, let alone normal for black americans.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Re: R.Kelly.

I closed my mind to him a long, long time ago. I’m talking 90s. I stopped listening to his records more than 20 years ago.

y.
    I didn't know about it until Chapelle show.

I thought he was exaggerating.

He was not.

I was done then.

Extraordinary Member

But that's is where consistence differs, as there will be plenty who believe a teen girl does have the maturity to make adult like decision. And I legimately believe many of them are in the black community. Especially because of the experiences that many go through that forces us to "grow up fast." Hell, you hear about it in rap music with lyrics talking about "I'm the man of the house at 14."

With that said, I do believe it's a combo effect, the general population caring little about black women, and many within the black community not seeing anything wrong with R Kelly's behavior.

With Cosby, even if he had not gone to jail, he still would have been casted out of the black community because his actions can't be defended, but many within the black community see nothing wrong with what R Kelly done.
    It's a problem when black kids have to grow up fast. They develop fast in one area, but lag behind in others which can give way to poor decision making, and exploitation.

In other words, we have a lot of real-life Peter Parker-styled folks within the black community.

When it comes to racial solidarity, some folks do go too far.

Extraordinary Member

Someone actin' grown....but really being exploited.

Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 01-07-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Astonishing Member

You are taking your odd upbringing (odd in good way but odd) and pretending it is normal for Americans, let alone normal for black americans.
    LOL thanks, I'll take it as a compliment. I definitely don't think it's "too normal." Just because there wasn't a lot of black people in Japan (Europe is different of course.) But I don't believe it's extremely rare either. That's why I'm willing to give folks the benefit of the doubt. I know how it feels for people to assume something based on your skin complexion so the last thing I want to assume is that black americans don't become influence by things around the world, hasn't adopted different countries cultural values into their own, or can't disagree with certain American traditions because it's American.