Page 150 of 827 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250650 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 12396
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Whoa. Why didn't they spend some of that voice acting budget on their animation? Feel like I'm watching that old ass anime from 2002. Y'know, the one where everyone is piloting a big animal robot. The lead dude had a white sabertooth.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Don't you know? Biracial black folks aren't black enough to play roles featuring black people.
    I mean we can claim them for their advancements like Tiger Woods and Barack Obama, but they surely can't represent us on the big screen.
    I think folks are tired of seeing "certain" roles go to biracial actresses.

And I say certain roles. This also is about light skin and dark skin casting too.

Maid roles, side chick, loud mouth, potty mouth, over sexed, hood rat or bad mouth-funny how they can find that dark skinned actress 90% of the time.

Girlfriend of the lead (one of them), love interest who GETS the man, super heroine and general nice virgin girl (at times)-light skinned about 75% of the time.

The issue with Storm is before a certain Wakandan film-she was IT for black female heroines.

The X-film seem to be only able to find biracial women to be in those films. Meanwhile Walking Dead, Star Trek, Star Trek Discovery and others are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Ehhhhh. I want Toks Olagundoye in the role, especially if MCU makes her into a “large ham”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    Another biracial? **** outta here! NO!
    I don't know if they will cast a biracial woman or not, but I seriously doubt they'd cast someone already in their 40s as Olagundoye is.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

https://newsone.com/3816009/alexandr...-men-colorism/

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra Shipp
    "I tweeted back at people who criticized me for not having dark enough skin for my role in X-men because we're not going to have this discussion about a cartoon character. You're not going to tell me that my skin color doesn't match a crayola from 1970. If I lose my role to another actress, I hope it's for her talent and grace and not for her skin color. When I auditioned for the role, I didn't think "Oh, man, I'm not dark enough!" I was like, "Finally. This is my moment."
    If she keeps that attitude 24/7, then I hope this lady stays Storm for the next 20 X-men movies. She's a badass biracial.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Currently looking up Kiki’s ethnicity. And so far, I’ve found no evidence that her parentage is more African-based than Toks is. So now I’m vouching even harder for the latter in that at least she grew up in Nigeria.
    Storm is half Kenyan, half African American. An African American playing the role is not an issue. And how does a Nigerian playing someone half Kenyan make anymore sense? Lets not even get into the fact that she is 43 (and looks it).
    Last edited by Yaw; 01-17-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Storm is half Kenyan, half African American. An African American playing the role is not an issue. And how does a Nigerian playing someone half Kenyan make anymore sense? Lets not even get into the fact that she is 43 (and looks it).
    In faireness, age isn't really a disqualifier for a role. Famke Jannsen on paper was way too old to play Jean Grey, but ended up being good in the role. She was about the only thing worth watching in The Last Stand.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    In faireness, age isn't really a disqualifier for a role. Famke Jannsen on paper was way too old to play Jean Grey, but ended up being good in the role. She was about the only thing worth watching in The Last Stand.
    Janssen was like 35 when X-Men came ou t. What are u talking about?

I think that's the first time someone's said that about Jannsen in any of the X-Men movies. Typically, the actors that get any praise are Stewart, Jackman, and McKellen.

Sounds like Shipp is unhappy KiKi says she wants the role.

I can get why she’s upset but she didn’t actually think Feige wasn’t gonna recast all the X-Men, right?
    Last edited by Holt; 01-17-2019 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I can get why she’s upset but she didn’t actually think Feige wasn’t gonna recast all the X-Men, right?
    She honestly might not have any idea
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Storm looks gracefully mature as f**k on many a comic book page. So her being early to mid 40s wouldn’t be a dealbreaker in my book.

Invincible Member

A comic I've been enjoying recently has been Bitter Root about a black family from Harlem that fights demons during the forties

I was iffy on Prodigy written by Mark Millar about a genius MoC out to stop an interdimensional conspiracy. But it's picked up with the 2nd issue.

I'm intrigued by Livewire from Valiant about a black girl with electrical power. I'm slightly lost because I'm not familiar with the character and the first issue seems to building on some loose ends from another series?

Pearl ( an Asian american tattoo artist/hitwoman) from Bendis is not that great. It's not terrible, it's just a little boring.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Don't you know? Biracial black folks aren't black enough to play roles featuring black people.
    I mean we can claim them for their advancements like Tiger Woods and Barack Obama, but they surely can't represent us on the big screen.
    Has Tiger ever identified as a black man?

I'm down for Kiki Layne as Storm. She showed she can act and she looks the part. I don't wanna get too bogged down in the colorism debate but I also want to see a dark-skinned Storm in the MCU

Extraordinary Member

I felt she was too damn tall. I found it hilarious that some of the shortest characters in the books (Jean, Iceman, & Wolverine) were played by tall thespians while some of the tallest characters in the books (Storm, Magneto, & Cyclops) were played by thespians of average height.