Page 16 of 827 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Adaptations of nostalgic toons isn't something Hollywood does well most of the time. Kind of like video games.

Riri Williams is getting a new solo by Eve Ewing

https://mobile.twitter.com/DarcelTri...42275871059968

RIP Ironheart, enjoy your last 12 issues.

WHen is Miles writer going to be announced??
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    This came out when I was in 5th grade. To this day Shane 'Clint Eastwood by way of Dirty Harry' Gooseman is still the coolest cartoon character ever. He was so cool I didn't even trip on the fact that HE COULD EFFING DO ANYTHING lol.

Ironically Doc and the brotha from Bionic Six where a unique pair of scientist bros. from the 80s. Quite the counter to the earlier in the decade Roadblock from GI Joe.
    That was the Michael Jackson/Prince era -- all kinds of barriers were being broken.

My fave is still probably Fillmore -- good lead, good writing, and one of the best cartoon casts outside of Recess.

Ultimate Member

Last one -- another personal fave for it's originality and it probably had the best parents on any show ever, cartoon or otherwise.

Once Wayne Brady started laying it down, you knew it was gonna be a good weekend.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 08-20-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Any fans of WITCH?

Any fans of WITCH?

My g/f likes it.

N.K Jemisin Makes Hugo Awards History With Latest Best Novel Win

https://io9.gizmodo.com/n-k-jemisin-...est-1828460094

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    RIP Ironheart, enjoy your last 12 issues.

WHen is Miles writer going to be announced??

Why is that? I don't recall Eve Ewing as a writer. I know there's another writer with the last name of Ewing who writes decently but can't sale to save his life. But that's not Eve Ewing.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Why is that? I don't recall Eve Ewing as a writer. I know there's another writer with the last name of Ewing who writes decently but can't sale to save his life. But that's not Eve Ewing.
    It's Marvel. At this point almost any title with a new character is really a stealth mini.

I'm hoping that Eve is ready for the onslaught of "identity politics" videos

I've read Eve's twitter feed, she is really positive and telling folks to preorder. I don't think book will succeed, but for her sake I hope it does.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    You are going from BMB to a complete unknown newbie who at a glance doens't write comics at all.

And doing it with a new character.

History tells us she is doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

I'm hoping that Eve is ready for the onslaught of "identity politics" videos
    I honestly think, now that Tony is back fully, this book just passes under the hater radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I've read Eve's twitter feed, she is really positive and telling folks to preorder. I don't think book will succeed, but for her sake I hope it does.
    same
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Any fans of WITCH?

Wow. This must be the one 90's cartoon that I never saw. Was this ever on Fox Kids or WB?

I never even HEARD of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Wow. This must be the one 90's cartoon that I never saw. Was this ever on Fox Kids or WB?

I remember this being based on a European Comic series, and it being in the early 2000s on ABC family when they used to air cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Neither. It was on Jetix and was in the 2000s. Greg Weisman was head writer for the second season and then it was cancelled because of course it was.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    That was the Michael Jackson/Prince era -- all kinds of barriers were being broken.

I love Peter Chung's character designs and art style in general. He was also behind Aeon Flux and did character designs for The Phantom 2040. That's another Saturday morning cartoon that had this subtlety and substance to it, like Galaxy Rangers. Maybe not quite on the level of a Batman TAS or a Gargoyles, but definitely worthy of standing toe to toe with the Marvel cartoons of the era.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Extraordinary Member

Neither. It was on Jetix and was in the 2000s. Greg Weisman was head writer for the second season and then it was cancelled because of course it was.
    I'm surprised Weisman doesn't just do season long self contained story arcs.

At this point he should be taking cancellation into account with any show he does.