Page 167 of 821 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267667 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 12315
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    LOL wow, so they fully committed to the superhero act. This is probably why they wanted to do a spin off so it can be full on lethal weapon 4. I'll probably still check it out, I've seen all of the F&F and I like the rock so. Besides, this is probably the closest we'll get to Idris Alba being james bond....

1) There aren't many IR relationships going at Marvel to begin with (right now I can only think of one since Luke cage is near non-existent.) So IR relationships definitely won't save Bishop

2) It's Jean Grey. We saw how the audience and writers treated Storm and Black Panther, and that's Storm and a monoracial pairing. Hell, they killed off a supporting character for wonder woman when Jimenez just hinted at black romantic partner with wonder woman. Fortunately Bishop has some history, but he's no Black Panther.
    After a billion dollar blockbuster, X-writers stopped throwing shade at BP.

Extraordinary Member

By some accounts, Bill Cosby, is not crying prison blues. Some reports indicate that he is well-liked by both prisoners, and guards.

Some of these Sucka-MC's (do people still use that phrase?) would kill for that kind of cred.

My response?

Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 02-01-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Wait, what did Storm do?

While Marvel might be doing IR relationships in other franchises but I don't think that will be enough to protect Bishop from character derailment if they want Scott and Maddie back together. Look what they did to Maddie to justify Scott breaking up with her and getting back with Jean. And that was a white woman.
    Storm marrying Submariner. Storm having a fling with Logan ( although that made T'Challa look worse than either of them). Storm ripping out Marrow's heart with her bare hands.

It's not that I think being in an IR relationship will save him, just that I don't think that's the thing that would sideline him. He already had a thing with Deathbird and they gave him series right when that relationship broke up and another one a couple years after that. It's more likely that the editors would base their decision about using or not using Bishop around who's in the next cartoon or movie rather than "How dare that black man date a white girl!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    1) There aren't many IR relationships going at Marvel to begin with (right now I can only think of one since Luke cage is near non-existent.) So IR relationships definitely won't save Bishop

2) It's Jean Grey. We saw how the audience and writers treated Storm and Black Panther, and that's Storm and a monoracial pairing. Hell, they killed off a supporting character for wonder woman when Jimenez just hinted at black romantic partner with wonder woman. Fortunately Bishop has some history, but he's no Black Panther.
    That's actually an excellent point. I hadn't thought of that before, but you're right.

On the other hand, James Rhodes did have his time with Carol Danvers and it's hinted at again in her new series, so who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    By some accounts, Bill Cosby, is not crying prison blues. Some reports indicate that he is well-liked by both prisoners, and guards.

Some of these Sucka-MC's (do people still use that phrase?) would kill for that kind of cred.

My response?

I guess that rule about inmates hating sex offenders only applies to the non-celebrity ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Storm marrying Submariner. Storm having a fling with Logan ( although that made T'Challa look worse than either of them). Storm ripping out Marrow's heart with her bare hands.

It's not that I think being in an IR relationship will save him, just that I don't think that's the thing that would sideline him. He already had a thing with Deathbird and they gave him series right when that relationship broke up and another one a couple years after that. It's more likely that the editors would base their decision about using or not using Bishop around who's in the next cartoon or movie rather than "How dare that black man date a white girl!"
    Didn't find anything about Storm marrying Namor. But the other two aren't really bad or even morally questionable. Ororo and Logan weren't in committed relationships at the time and are both adults who can date and sleep with whomever they like so long as they don't hurt anyone else or each other. I didn't care for the relationship myself but there wasn't anything bad about it from a moral standpoint. And the Marrow thing isn't what you think it is. Marrow had attached explosive devices to some civilians and they were linked to her own heartbeat. The only way to deactivate the explosives was to stop Marrow's heartbeat. That's why Ororo ripped out her heart.

Titans is looking for a hearing-impaired, ASL fluent, mixed-Latino or mixed-Asian actor for the role of Jericho.

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1785446

Having an actor who knows ASL and is deaf is a nice touch and extra points for looking for non white actors as well.

Otoh, Jericho is mute in the comics not deaf so there’s an issue with treating disabilities as interchangeable.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-02-2019 at 01:59 AM.

I guess that rule about inmates hating sex offenders only applies to the non-celebrity ones.
    It's not all sex offenders. It's the child molesters who are hated by other inmates. Guys who have raped adult women get along just fine in prison.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You weren't overstepping, In fact I will go as far saying I am wrong but Miles and his mom are Latino, Miles is Afro Latino.

The gripe is if someone is white and you call them white, You never hear no he is Swedish/Italian or German/South African not White. When some is called Asian you never hear no he is Korean/Japanese Chinese/Samoan not Asian. But when Black is involved you get the no no he is Puerto rican or Brazilian like if being black is erase that. It is especially frustrating when ethnicity involved background probably has African descent that gets ignored. Calling Miles black doesn't negate his ethnicity but I find that people seem to get confused about race and it means different things people. The big point saying he is "puerto rican" not just black is fine in this case. The funny thing is I was born in US Virgin Islands I have cousins from Dominican Republican and PR we all look the same. We are all from African descent.

If anyone who should be apologizing it is me because you are correct I was only trying to highlight that many Latino ignore the "African descent". And even without Miles dad being in the picture ,Miles probably from African Descent. So in this case like this clarification that Miles is Latino(Puerto Rican) and Black to say don't ignore his Latino heritage from his mom.Triggers the yeah don't ignore African heritage that is probably already there from his mom family.Miles mom is Latino (Latinx is correct term now I believe it is hard to keep up) but Rio Morales has similar skin tone women like Gina Torres, Rosie Perez, Dania Ramirez, Dascha Polanco or Rosario Dawson most of them consider themselves Afro Latina women.
    Sorry for my late reply, but thank you for clearing this up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    A bit of a tangent, but what series is this pic from?

Ultimate Member

Didn't find anything about Storm marrying Namor. But the other two aren't really bad or even morally questionable. Ororo and Logan weren't in committed relationships at the time and are both adults who can date and sleep with whomever they like so long as they don't hurt anyone else or each other. I didn't care for the relationship myself but there wasn't anything bad about it from a moral standpoint. And the Marrow thing isn't what you think it is. Marrow had attached explosive devices to some civilians and they were linked to her own heartbeat. The only way to deactivate the explosives was to stop Marrow's heartbeat. That's why Ororo ripped out her heart.

Titans is looking for a hearing-impaired, ASL fluent, mixed-Latino or mixed-Asian actor for the role of Jericho.

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1785446

Having an actor who knows ASL and is deaf is a nice touch and extra points for looking for non white actors as well.

Otoh, Jericho is mute in the comics not deaf so there’s an issue with treating disabilities as interchangeable.
    It's sloppy writing on my part. Storm married Namor in an alternative reality. The Logan affair made BP look bad in my opinion cuz they had BP on panel saying, "Anyone but him," and preceded to rub his face in it. It's not a horrendous act, but it's a questionable look. My point should have been though that these relationships didn't taint Storm in the eyes of the fans so alt Bishop/Jean shouldn't taint Bishop.

I read in an old issue Wizard that writer Scott Lobdell wanted to find a different solution to the Marrow situation, but the editors insisted on the heart ripping scene. Scott came up with the idea that Marrow had 2 hearts, so at least Storm didn't kill her. Sure, it's made to seem justified in the story, but it's editors having Storm dismember someone with her bare hands in order to have edgy content.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    It’s possibly not an ‘alternate reality.’ It seems to be all of the real characters hijicked and brainwashed by Nate grey, and living in his weird little dystopia. And writers involved have said what happens there will ‘matter’ once they get back and get back their real memories. So that might mean Bishop ends end in a Scott/Jean love triangle. Though it’s more like a Scott/jean/Emma/Logan and bishop love pentagon now...
    Huh. I'm so disconnected from comics and the X-universe this is all brand new to me. So my namesake is a villain now? :/

In any case, bring on Bishop and Jean Grey. Heck maybe we'll get a kid out of it. I wanted to see adventures of Bishop and Aaliyah (his child by Deathbird), but since that was not to be, maybe this will compensate?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Huh. I'm so disconnected from comics and the X-universe this is all brand new to me. So my namesake is a villain now? :/

In any case, bring on Bishop and Jean Grey. Heck maybe we'll get a kid out of it. I wanted to see adventures of Bishop and Aaliyah (his child by Deathbird), but since that was not to be, maybe this will compensate?
    Not really a villian but Dying Crazy white Dude tryna save everybody cause he "knows what's best"
    Last edited by BroHomo; 02-02-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    A bit of a tangent, but what series is this pic from?
    Mile Morales Spider Man issue 1

The people who frequent this thread have changed somewhat since I first started posting about my indie comic creator endeavors, so to paraphrase Shawn Carter: allow me to reintroduce my comics!

1 - MYTH SMITH issue zero first came out in 2014. I consider Myth my flagship character. He is a supernatural adventurer: if you put Hellboy, Indiana Jones, Xombi (Milestone) & Shaft in a blender what comes out might look something like Myth. I'll be rereleasing issue zero soon with some updates on colors, lettering and a new pin-up gallery.

2- DOUBLE DOSE is a series that will feature a different character in every issue. Every issue has two stand alone stories about that character, each drawn by a different artist. Issue one variant edition first came out in 2016, and featured Myth Smith. This year I'll be rereleasing an updated version that is now in full color with new lettering and new pin-up.

Double Dose Issue two is currently being drawn and features a character that I won't say much about right now, other than I'm having lots of fun writing her and she is part of a much larger cosmic saga that I've been playing around with for a few years now. I want to have issue two out this year as well...fingers crossed!

3 - A page from Myth Smith issue one. It's currently being colored and will be released this year (not sure exactly when).

4 - A page from Myth Smith issue two, which is currently being drawn.

It's been an interesting journey these last few years, with various ups and down (a.k.a. life). I'm still learning and hopefully growing as a writer. I've definitely learned not to announce things too far in advance lol. Want to start hitting up more conventions when possible and my website is all but complete...just need to get the updated books done so I'll have something to sell there (other than t-shirts and posters), lol.

Follow me on social media if you want to:
    https://www.instagram.com/mythworlde/
    https://twitter.com/mythworldemedia
    https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store