Page 186 of 828 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286686 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 12414
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The thing is, pedo allegation or not, I can't leave my kids with a grown ass man that I don't personally know.

That (IMO) is just a ridiculous thing to do.

Funny enough, years ago, Tito Jackson said the same thing during an interview.

Extraordinary Member

.....Now that I'm all THAT!....

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    R Kelly's meltdown with Gayle ain't a good look. I'd hate to be this man's PR team rn.
    GOOD GRIEF!

Gayle PLAYED him like a fiddle without even putting up an effort.

She let him clown and make a fool of himself. And LOL at all the praise she is getting for it.

And folks are saying he was playing for the camera and make him look crazy.

Gonna generalize a lot here, but the "black community" wouldn't dare let MJ watch their kids... but still doesn't think he's a pedo?
    One of the radio stations (White) asked that same question when some story about folks letting MJ near their kids at NEverland.

They wanted to know how do parents let their kids near someone like that.

And honestly you could ask the same thing with R Kelly.

Remember who he wrote music for and even TOURED with.

B2k, Marques Houston, Nick Cannon, Ray J and so on. Guess who they attracted. He and B2k came here to Dallas. There was an after party and folks saw parents having no issue with girls flocking to him not B2K.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    GOOD GRIEF!

Gayle PLAYED him like a fiddle without even putting up an effort.

She let him clown and make a fool of himself. And LOL at all the praise she is getting for it.

And folks are saying he was playing for the camera and make him look crazy.
    You can actually see why males like R. Kelly fancy young girls. His lack of maturity, and inability to handle tense interpersonal situations were on full display. This is not the first time he acted weird during an interview. It is easy for him to be around young girls that think they grown. Put him in the same room with a more experienced woman with a clear agenda, and he was easy prey.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    One of the radio stations (White) asked that same question when some story about folks letting MJ near their kids at NEverland.

They wanted to know how do parents let their kids near someone like that.

And honestly you could ask the same thing with R Kelly.

Remember who he wrote music for and even TOURED with.

B2k, Marques Houston, Nick Cannon, Ray J and so on. Guess who they attracted. He and B2k came here to Dallas. There was an after party and folks saw parents having no issue with girls flocking to him not B2K.
    It may not be so much a black & white thing....as much as folks don't want their kids being exposed to the ways of other adults outside of close friends & family without them being present.

Extended family like Ben & May Parker are not a dime a dozen.

Some parents don't want their kids around other family members.

MCU King T'Chaka didn't have his son spend weekends in Oakland with his uncle & cousin for a reason.

Extraordinary Member

On some level, John & Mary Grayson gotta be pissed at Bruce Wayne for exposing their only child to the worst criminals in the worst city in DC's America before reaching adulthood.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    On some level, John & Mary Grayson gotta be pissed at Bruce Wayne for exposing their only child to the worst criminals in the worst city in DC's America before reaching adulthood.
    You may joke but DC sorta kinda addressed that with Tim Drake when his dad was alive!

He legit went to Wayne Manor and tried to kick Bruce Wayne's ass because he thought Bruce was abusing Tim Drake.

"Why is my kid coming back home with bruises every time he goes to Wayne Manor???".

Maybe Tim Drake's Dad (Bob Drake?) didn't sue Bruce Wayne because he thought he could take him in a fight.

Bruce Wayne is supposed to be a wimp.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    You may joke but DC sorta kinda addressed that with Tim Drake when his dad was alive!

He legit went to Wayne Manor and tried to kick Bruce Wayne's ass because he thought Bruce was abusing Tim Drake.

"Why is my kid coming back home with bruises every time he goes to Wayne Manor???".

Maybe Tim Drake's Dad (Bob Drake?) didn't sue Bruce Wayne because he thought he could take him in a fight.

I do seem to recall a cover from Tim's Robin series that featured Poppa Drake confronting Bruce Wayne. Thanks for the reminder. I always tend to think about Dick Grayson & Jason Todd in regards to Bruce being a terrible parental figure. Tim really is the runt of the litter.

It is funny how Bruce Wayne has slipped under the radar with the current real world news coverage of child abuse.

Charles Xavier gotta be breathing easy, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I can believe that Jackson molested those boys and didn't lay a finger on Feldman. Why? Because of what Wade Robson said during the Oprah hour.

Not an exact quote but basically, “Jackson was grooming everyone for years using his celebrity. We were all groomed by him.”

People bought Jackson as simply an eccentric guy with a child's mentality and not as a sexual predator because the former image is what he cultivated.
    I guess, IF, that was the roll-out. It was a weird af roll-out and if someone want's to buy that as 'grooming', then to me it comes across as a sick groom. Washing you face with your hand using your own saliva like a fuckin' house cat is a wild groom for an international, decades spanning music artist. When pretending to drop your infant from a window is one of the milder behaviors then I don't know what to think of that line of branding.

To a degree I guess, to some it holds. To this day the detractors always bring up 2 points. 1-He's dead, 2- He never had a childhood so ensconcing himself in children is somehow validation for the hard hand of Joe Jackson turning him into a one of history's most famous performers. I ain't with that.

At the very least Mike's self admitted behavior was red flag city. And his insistence about it was even a bigger red flag.

I mean how hard is it to say you aren't gonna sleep with other people's kids.
    Red flag city is pretty appropriate. The sheer weight of the direction pertaining to Jackson and children is a direction we have zero fucking precedent for. I guess Walt Disney maybe... and I would guess having folks empty their wallets on his property would still be the overriding prescient when it comes to him. Crazy.

Looking back now, hindsight... and best believe he was getting clowned in Scary Movie and South Park in the end pretty heavy but, even then... the good will from the music starting in the 70's carried his ass about as far as ANYONE could go. Shine has been coming off of this guy for a long time now tho.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I always found that weird.

Gonna generalize a lot here, but the "black community" wouldn't dare let MJ watch their kids... but still doesn't think he's a pedo?

I don't understand the disconnect honestly.

I also don't care if people wanna listen to his music though ether. They can disconnect for some people but not for others?

Burn it all tho
    I feel you might can understand a piece of it. Shaw has a point, it ain't just all 'us', plenty of people in Bucharest still passing out when Mike came to see them from back in the day. Sure, it's not a HUGE stretch to connect a certain set of dots drawing a conclusion about Jackson's possible illegal behavior but Black people are hesitant to accuse each other of sexual crimes without clear cut proof. FBI does it for a living and if they came up short what are we supposed to think? I agree wit ya, and maybe some of this again is time, dude was way too weird to be on the level on a judgement level. I feel you there.

Then too I too don't have a great deal of skin in the Michael Jackson was a huge part of my life game, so it would be easy for me to agree in 'burnning something all down' but... had this been a Prince allegation. A Maxwell allegation, Quincy Jones... nah man, hole-up, I'm a different person all of a sudden. James Brown is my favorite entertainer ever but he was brutal on the women in his life and if I still see a cool James Brown vinyl at a flea market, I'm coppin'. It's not a disconnect per say, I mean the stan's don't really count here, all the women still shooting R. Kelly bail are not on the right side of things so every case is different.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

It may not be so much a black & white thing....as much as folks don't want their kids being exposed to the ways of other adults outside of close friends & family without them being present.
    Yea, It don't matter how talent they are.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

I do seem to recall a cover from Tim's Robin series that featured Poppa Drake confronting Bruce Wayne. Thanks for the reminder. I always tend to think about Dick Grayson & Jason Todd in regards to Bruce being a terrible parental figure. Tim really is the runt of the litter.

It is funny how Bruce Wayne has slipped under the radar with the current real world news coverage of child abuse.
    Lol

Give Daddy Drake some credit: He didn't willingly put up with any crap when it came to his kid. When he found out that his son was an apprentice vigilante to Batman he was understandably pissed.

And if you are wondering why it took him so long to figure out what the deal was-he got put into a coma as part of Tim's tragic backstory/origin. So for the longest time he wasn't in a position to protest jack (and his wife fared even worse, having been killed outright in said origin story).

The only thing that stopped him from blowing the whistle on the entire Bat operation was it being explained to him (by Alfred, I think) that it would only get him and his kid killed by Batman's foes who weren't gonna give the Drakes a pass for being unwitting accomplices to Batman.

That and Bruce agreed to release Tim from his...service? control? Anyway Bats just made some other kid Steph Brown) Robin behind Mr. Drake's back.

Tim's Dad was in the same position as a Mafia relative: a target for retaliation by association. He had to keep quiet.

But..he ended up getting killed anyway by a super villain , so maybe he should have called the Cops.

SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING

Jussie Smollett has now been indicted on 16 new felony counts

https://news.avclub.com/jussie-smoll...ony-1833168827

Invincible Member

Prince opening for the Rolling Stones in the early 80's...

There was also a story in Gotham Knights (I think?) that had a social worker who came to the mansion to ask about whatever happened to Jason Todd, and got the idea Bruce might be some sort of sick pervert when he started looking into the fact that Bruce constantly surrounds himself with children.

The only Robin that ever made sense to me was Damien.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Marvel introduces new Filipina superheroine known as Wave.

http://mblife.ph/28902/look-marvel-i...xjHBgrglIxO--8