Page 19 of 828 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119519 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Star Wars is old school in that sense. Something that plays out again and again in these movies is that refusing to heed advice from those more experienced than you, leads to disaster. The council says no to training Anakin. Qui-gon, then Obi-wan say: "Shut up, old men! I'm doing what's right!" Splish! They get Vadered. Anakin never listens to Obi-wan, and basically spends his Jedi Knighthood slowly going crazy while getting chopped up bit by bit. And then he ends it by getting cooked. Luke doesn't listen to Yoda and gets his ass kicked and his world rocked. Rey doesn't listen to Luke and helps install a new leader for the first order who is certifiably loony toons. Poe doesn't listen to anyone and ends up looking like a real git.

The viewpoint that you should listen to your elders is pretty contrary to "Badass does it all himself his oooown way," Which is way more popular these days.
    I only really watched the original trilogy, back in the 1980's. I am familiar with the prequels. I only wiki follow the new films.

I never really given this recurring theme much thought.

Great post!

If any of you guys play Pokémon Go add me as a friend. I need three for one of the research missions.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

A sequel to Crazy Rich Asians is in the works

https://news.avclub.com/a-crazy-rich...-br-1828523582

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I still can't believe that the what... 10th? most important character in that movie caused so much hate online.
    Ghostbusters-who was the biggest name in that film??? Melissa McCarthy. Who did they go after?

Fantastic Four-who was the main target? Yet Jordan has done more than ALL his costars put together and that is not counting Black Panther.

What straight white male book of Marvel has receive the hate Ms Marvel gets?

Eve Ewing & Gabby Rivera get questions about their writing but as Blade pointed out on Bleeding Cool-no one does that when white guys show up to write with no writing skills.

Kwanza Osajyefo's DAILY attacks on him.

They way they treated Kelly Marie Tran, is why I don't care when these guys get doxxed, lose their jobs, and fall into ruin. "I shouldn't have to lose everything over some jokes!"
    YES that person needs to. If all you do is attack POC, LGBT & women all day long in video after video or Twitter & Instagram with no substance-you deserve what you get.

Oh and now trolls are attacking Darwin Cooke's widow.
    Last edited by skyvolt2000; 08-22-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Ultimate Member

I know it's tongue and cheek and is suppose to be a bashing weapon.

Folks are now suddenly using Static as "proof" of diversity done right. Especially in attacks towards Ms Marvel & Riri.
    10 years ago it was Static ruined the Teen Titans, got Young Justice axed and his book failing PROVED POC should not have books.

Now those same folks BITTER about Riri, Miles & Khan have suddenly changed their minds about Static.
    Of course they are mainly talking about CARTOON Static.

Since his first solo series is not in trade beyond issue 5.
    Wonder how they would react to first series if it came out today?

Static fights a WHITE bully
    Static gets a gun
    Static recruited by Holocaust to kill
    Static fights a black terrorist
    Static finds out about Rich being gay
    Static saves the day in Worlds Collide event
    Static lets Wade go after seeing him dealing drugs
    Static with a girlfriend
    Static deals with Sex
    Static deals with Frieda's eating disorder
    Static and school shootings
    Static having a father
    Static on a team with 2 Lesbian lovers
    Static the ORIGINAL character every one screams for yet don't support.

As Disney continues its mission to remake pretty much every one of its classic animated films, a new rumor claims that the House of Mouse wants Zendaya to star in the live-action version of The Little Mermaid.

According to That Hashtag Show, the studio is very high on the Spider-Man: Homecoming actress for the lead role of Ariel, and has actually offered her the part.

We'll have to treat this as a rumor for the time being, but a previous report did indicate that Disney was considering actors of color for some of the major roles, including Ariel, Eric, and Triton.

The Little Mermaid doesn't have an official release date yet, but we do know that it's expected to film in Puerto Rico and Cape Town, possibly before year's end. Mary Poppins Returns director Rob Marshall is set to helm the picture.

Oh no.

Zendaya destroying red heads one movie at a time?

This is gonna get ugly.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Oh no.

This is gonna get ugly.

Oh no.

This is gonna get ugly.
    Well, I suppose they were going to do the little mermaid eventually.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    If your old school enough you might remember the original.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Mighty Member

Why redheads in particular? (Starfire, “Mary Jane”, Ariel, etc.)

Don't forget Wally West.

So there are obviously going to be complaints about her not being a redhead, but how often do we think complaints of just the concept of a black mermaid will show up? I bring this up because it's honestly kind of shocking how often complaints of a lack of diversity in fantasy settings are met with replies that basically boil down to "that doesn't make sense".

Are red heads the white version of really dark skinned black people? white people's version of colorism lol?

I'll be more curious if King Triton is black then. I forget, is Zendaya mixed or just light skinned?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    So there are obviously going to be complaints about her not being a redhead,
    We don't know that she won't be a redhead.

but how often do we think complaints of just the concept of a black mermaid will show up? I bring this up because it's honestly kind of shocking how often complaints of a lack of diversity in fantasy settings are met with replies that basically boil down to "that doesn't make sense".
    There will definitely be those typical stupid complaints but oh well. On a somewhat related note I watched a few episodes of a series called Siren a couple months back. One of the main characters is a mermaid (she's white) and she has a black mermaid sister. I haven't seen the whole show so I don't know if it is ever explained if she means sister literally, or just as a term for someone also of her species.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store