Page 191 of 828 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291691 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 12411

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That’s So Raven Star Kyle Massey to Be Sued for Sexually Explicit Messages to 13-Year-Old

https://www.theroot.com/that-s-so-ra...all-1833348196

This one seems rather cut and dry no? If the teenager kept the texts and messages, it is game over.

But this...

The lawsuit, not yet formally filed, claims Massey met the child as a 4-year-old in 2009 and stayed in touch with her to assist her career.
    ... wut
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Not at all IMO.

They were very... careful? not to have any male fan service in the movie it seemed.

MCU is kinda odd in that regard. outside of Widow (or the stunt doubles) very tight pants, the save most of the fan service for the women lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    And even there after Iron Man 2 and the scene that introduces her in Avengers she isn't presented as a femme fatale anymore, either.
    Ah. Not saying I'm asking for aVivica Independence Day level of something but, yea, wouldn't complain. Ha, the MCU has zero hint of the Bart Sears or Liefield ideas of cape figure forms from the 90s. Come to think of it even Rouge and Gambit had the the back and forth on the FOX Animated back in the day, with the green body suit even...

I been in way back bag on the YouTubes (so yea not a real big difference than any other time). Been watching a lot of Matt Baker videos, I didn't even know he was black til last year, and yes, I should promptly ban myself from the thread asap. He was the artist on a lot of wildly popular Golden Age stuff and his female forms in the 40s, 50s before he passed set the tone. His Phantom Lady was gorgeous, that's the kind of thing I need in trades. We goof on the 90s for the cheesecake but imagine being a 10, 11 year old kid and buying some of those. Looking back at a lot of those covers it's not even a stretch to see the Phantom Lady as a sista.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Well considering Joe Quesada comes from the same cultural background as I do. One cannot get any higher. Considering when he came in and the state of the company then as to where he currently is now. Beyond that? I mean in comics there is living lightning,arana,spiderman 2099,victor mancha,weapon H,the santerians,Bane,robbie reyes,jaime reyes

I personally don't care or give a crap about massive representation. I don't need a character to be defined by their representation either culturally or racially or sexually. Nor do i care for alterations to an established character to fit a quota. Stan Lee wasn't for it. Neither am i.

What I don't like is a segment but vocal group who don't read comics pushing for agendas. Especially when it comes to my culture as a latin male.
    Last edited by HATEISFOREVER; 03-18-2019 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    Well considering Joe Quesada comes from the same cultural background as I do. One cannot get any higher. Considering when he came in and the state of the company then as to where he currently is now. Beyond that? I mean in comics there is living lightning,arana,spiderman 2099,victor mancha,weapon H,the santerians,Bane,robbie reyes,jaime reyes

I personally don't care or give a crap about massive representation. I don't need a character to be defined by their representation either culturally or racially or sexually. Nor do i care for alterations to an established character to fit a quota. Stan Lee wasn't for it. Neither am i.

What I don't like is a segment but vocal group who don't read comics pushing for agendas. Especially when it comes to my culture as a latin male.
    Awesome, thanks for stopping in. You've given us all a lot to think about.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Awesome, thanks for stopping in. You've given us all a lot to think about.

LMAO, We were due for one of those. We haven't gotten one of these type of posts since our thread got rebooted lol

We are all entitled to our opinions. We can all be civil about it,we should all be civil. Even if the response is tinged with sarcasm.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    And even there after Iron Man 2 and the scene that introduces her in Avengers she isn't presented as a femme fatale anymore, either.
    Her introduction in the first Avengers movie, tied up and getting slapped around, was moderately kinky. I totally felt my male gaze being engaged.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Her introduction in the first Avengers movie, tied up and getting slapped around, was moderately kinky. I totally felt my male gaze being engaged.
    Remember when Whedon was a prized feminist?

lol things change fast
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

My inner Orenthal was definitely activated when Black Widow appeared in the Cap films.

I remember when folks online were talking about the chemistry between Black Widow & Black Panther in Civil War.

I thought they had an interesting dynamic....until the airport battle.

Then I super lol'ed when Stark & Natasha had their argument, and she hightailed it soon after.

I wish I could have saw the scene where T'Challa told Stark what she did.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Remember when Whedon was a prized feminist?

lol things change fast
    Should have seen what happened to youtuber tyrone magnus. He saw captain marvel and said he didnt like it and that it was a bad movie. Boom,he got hit with being called a misogynist and as well as being called racist stuff.

I didn't love Captain Marvel, but I didn't think it was bad.

It just was kind of there. I think if it had been a Phase 1 movie I'd have liked it a lot more, but 22 movies in, especially on the heels of Black Panther and Infinity War it just didn't wow me.

I don't know what the guy in the article on the front page is talking about though. No way in hell is Yon Rogg the best Marvel villain. He was slightly better than the very forgettable Malekith.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post

This was another false narrative that somehow picked up steam a couple of years ago. For what it's worth, SJWs from outside of comics did not storm the gates of Marvel and start demanding that they add diversity. This just simply is not what happened.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I didn't love Captain Marvel, but I didn't think it was bad.

It just was kind of there. I think if it had been a Phase 1 movie I'd have liked it a lot more, but 22 movies in, especially on the heels of Black Panther and Infinity War it just didn't wow me.

I don't know what the guy in the article on the front page is talking about though. No way in hell is Yon Rogg the best Marvel villain. He was slightly better than the very forgettable Malekith.
    In terms of origin movies I'd say it's among the better ones for certain. But I agree that CBR article was super weird. I definitely agree that Yon Rogg was in no way the best marvel villain. One of the better ones, yes, but Killmonger is definitely the best for me. Thanos is a good second place, I'd maybe give Yon Rogg third...maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    My inner Orenthal was definitely activated when Black Widow appeared in the Cap films.

I remember when folks online were talking about the chemistry between Black Widow & Black Panther in Civil War.
    Claudehavemercy, the thirst is always real. I mean his dad just died in a terror attack and the red-headed assassin with the new short cut was all- 'sorry bout that' (blink, blink, blink). All of Zach Snyder's JL, Gal Gadot quasi-ass shots seem like an early 2 Live Crew video compared to the MCU.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    In terms of origin movies I'd say it's among the better ones for certain. But I agree that CBR article was super weird. I definitely agree that Yon Rogg was in no way the best marvel villain. One of the better ones, yes, but Killmonger is definitely the best for me. Thanos is a good second place, I'd maybe give Yon Rogg third...maybe...
    I just wasn't in to him at all. I thought Ghost and Bill Foster were better, and Vulture is probably my second favorite in all the MCU (preceded by Killmongers and followed by Thanos).
    Pull List: