Page 192 of 827 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292692 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 12394

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    No way in hell is Yon Rogg the best Marvel villain. He was slightly better than the very forgettable Malekith.
    He like... didn't even do anything lol?

At least Malekith talked cool, had a cool backstory, was actually powerful in the end, and had best buddy cool AF Kurse.

Yon spent 90% of the movie in a space ship doing nothing

He is worse than Malekith IMO. Slightly above Whiplash.

Talos saved the movie.

I didn't even know people liked Yon at all. This is wild to me. I thought he was 100% forgettable.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I think Double Toasted pretty much nailed my thoughts on the movie.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    This was another false narrative that somehow picked up steam a couple of years ago. For what it's worth, SJWs from outside of comics did not storm the gates of Marvel and start demanding that they add diversity. This just simply is not what happened.
    By that same token the wave of comic fulled incel assholes who don't either 1- read the books they are bitching about OR 2-the YouTube creators fanning the flames with no idea about the characters and their developments and pitching fits over what movie says or doesn't say, don't ever get any run from me.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

This was another false narrative that somehow picked up steam a couple of years ago. For what it's worth, SJWs from outside of comics did not storm the gates of Marvel and start demanding that they add diversity. This just simply is not what happened.
    What happened is, movies like Fast and Furious made tons of money. So Hollywood was like, oh we should start making movies that appeal to shifting demographic and buying trends.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

What happened is, movies like Fast and Furious made tons of money. So Hollywood was like, oh we should start making movies that appeal to shifting demographic and buying trends.
    Kickin Ike's ass to the curb helped

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    His decisions were so based in what drove a 1990s toy market.
    Pull List:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Claudehavemercy, the thirst is always real. I mean his dad just died in a terror attack and the red-headed assassin with the new short cut was all- 'sorry bout that' (blink, blink, blink). All of Zach Snyder's JL, Gal Gadot quasi-ass shots seem like an early 2 Live Crew video compared to the MCU.
    BP & BW were pretty interesting before the bomb went off, imo.

I felt they were trying to get a feel for each other which was fun. I got the feeling she thought he was in her corner. I loved that he had no words for her after the airport battle. He just quietly reported her to her boss, and her little cute ass been on the run since, lol. She did not even try step to him during IW.

The awesome thing was that BP, at the end of the day, really was not tripping off her. No need to act a fool no matter how good she look.

All young men should watch those scenes to avoid getting caught up in messy relationships.

Gal need more ham sandwiches & squats in her life....for real.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    His decisions were so based in what drove a 1990s toy market.
    Not to mention he's said to be a cheapskate and a racist (supposedly said no one would be able to tell the difference between Howard and Cheadle playing Rhodey). Black Panther might not have happened if he still had any pull on the movie side.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Caaaaaaareful on the Ike smack talk. The only time I ever got banned in eight years of posting here was when I used some choice words about that guy. Mods pretty much told me Pearl Jam Mutter is a no fly zone.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    BP & BW were pretty interesting before the bomb went off, imo.

I felt they were trying to get a feel for each other which was fun. I got the feeling she thought he was in her corner. I loved that he had no words for her after the airport battle. He just quietly reported her to her boss, and her little cute ass been on the run since, lol. She did not even try step to him during IW.

The awesome thing was that BP, at the end of the day, really was not tripping off her. No need to act a fool no matter how good she look.

All young men should watch those scenes to avoid getting caught up in messy relationships.

Gal need more ham sandwiches & squats in her life....for real.
    I understand why they cut the scene due to pacing but

Widow was in over her head lol

Extraordinary Member

Claudehavemercy, the thirst is always real. I mean his dad just died in a terror attack and the red-headed assassin with the new short cut was all- 'sorry bout that' (blink, blink, blink). All of Zach Snyder's JL, Gal Gadot quasi-ass shots seem like an early 2 Live Crew video compared to the MCU.
    Now THERE'S some imagery for you. Lol.

Neither has anything on the X-men movies.

Didn't have to come from the outside. More like the inside with certain writing staff.

Hell look at Waid with Meyer and the stuff that happened there with the lawsuit. Hell even EVS is backing Meyer and he is like john byrne was...pretty much non existent in comicbook work

Speeding Off-Duty Cop Slams Into Car, Killing an Infant, but the Child’s Mother Also Faces Homicide Charges: Report

https://www.theroot.com/speeding-off...-an-1823421676

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    Well considering Joe Quesada comes from the same cultural background as I do. One cannot get any higher. Considering when he came in and the state of the company then as to where he currently is now. Beyond that? I mean in comics there is living lightning,arana,spiderman 2099,victor mancha,weapon H,the santerians,Bane,robbie reyes,jaime reyes

I personally don't care or give a crap about massive representation. I don't need a character to be defined by their representation either culturally or racially or sexually. Nor do i care for alterations to an established character to fit a quota. Stan Lee wasn't for it. Neither am i.

What I don't like is a segment but vocal group who don't read comics pushing for agendas. Especially when it comes to my culture as a latin male.
    This is the very reason why Latinos are the least represented demographic in America across mostly all mediums, despite being the 2nd largest group. This passive attitude of "I don't care". There's so many new characters created in recent times, that I'm going to give a writer props for when said new characters are Latino, because there are so few of them. Agendas be damned!

Jaime Reyes and Jessica Cruz are great characters! And I don't just love them because they're Latinos, but I do appreciate that a writer created them as such. Or someone like Crazy Jane on the Doom Patrol show. In the comics she isn't Latina, but on the show she's played by Diane Guererro, who is killing it in that role! According to your logic, Diane is just filling a quota because Jane isn't Latina in the comics... Weird logic imo.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!