Page 193 of 828 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293693 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 12407

Sorry but I have to break this down

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    I personally don't care or give a crap about massive representation.
    Fine cool. (Just note Most popular character was created in era that was racist, The comics creators weren't racist themselves but they couldn't make diverse books who would buy them? Anyways superhero comics revolve around this period characters which is fine but when it is time for books to refocus they always default to these characters aka X-men,Avengers and Justice League get diverse as hell but when it is time to refresh concepts the books always end up very very white.)

I don't need a character to be defined by their representation either culturally or racially or sexually.
    Once again fine. Basically you are saying I don't care that all old popular characters are white, You grew up liking them because they were cool and every comic book fan understand this but you never had a choice

Nor do i care for alterations to an established character to fit a quota. Stan Lee wasn't for it. Neither am i.
    Here is where your argument breaks down, clearly characters are defined by their representation because changing clearly makes a difference to you.

What I don't like is a segment but vocal group who don't read comics pushing for agendas. Especially when it comes to my culture as a latin male.
    So to be clear your first two statement says hey keep characters mostly white and not reflect the real world. Your third statement is don't old characters to other races to more accurately reflect the real world like they would if they weren't created in that period. Finally you don't people to complain the fact comics aren't very diverse in terms of the major characters and you don't want them to express that opinion. And it is last statement that is most annoying because you want people to be stuck in past like you. But to each their own.

I don't get it, personally I love comics I am not going to stop reading them because the characters don't look like me BUT why shouldn't some look like me? Better yet why shouldn't characters that matter in the story look like me? Nobody wants them to change Superman or Spiderman to another race BUT where are characters from other races who have the impact of those guys. Yeah that right Two big is consistently push older characters as important(we can discuss why later). I have been reading comics for nearly 30 years now. That how long it has taken for 1 character to break through in Black Panther as big time character main stream and two characters to get shows in Black Lighting and Luke Cage. Yes I am well aware Blade(who hasn't shown up since) , Spawn(who hasn't shown up since),Static( who hasn't shown up since).

Anyways the big point you don't care fine that is on you but why are YOU against other people being able to see themselves when they look at heroes. Name me ONE Asian or Latino hero that has been in Marvel or DC film. We are in 2019 freaking Katana and El Diablo will probably be your answer. You might not care but would it be nice to have ONE ? Just ONE significant well made minority character that looks like you but hey just shut up and say nothing I am sure they will create one. Right? Justice League fails does horrible but Batman still gets a movie, Wonder Woman of course gets a movie, Aquaman still gets a movie, Flash which keep losing directors and script is up in the air is still gets a movie. Cyborg though disappears off the face of planet. Yup that is problem in the nutshell. Cyborg doesn't get a movie but Batman does but you still want to see diversity hmmmm. I guess we have might change Superman or Batman to another race. Final point yeah it is not big deal but how does saying nothing make things better?
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-18-2019 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I don't get it, personally I love comics I am not going to stop reading them because the characters don't look like me BUT why shouldn't some look like me?
    ugh this basic and small idea seems incomprehensible to some folks

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    ugh this basic and small idea seems incomprehensible to some folks
    The follow up idea is just as important " Why shouldn't couple of these guys be important in stories". Just creating Darwin, Celia Reyes, Sunspot or Karma, Loa, Trinary, or Dust, M, Indra isn't enough you got make an effort to make these characters successful in a major way. Before someone says you can't make fans like a character. I will invite people to pay attention Captain Marvel(a decently popular character) and Marvel push her and her book which had ordinary sales numbers and keep on reworking it(and putting her in popular books) until it was stable. Now they are on their way to making a billion dollars with that character.I wish every year DC and Marvel would champion a minority character like they did with Captain Marvel. Don't give up when sales drop in 18,000 relaunch the book with new creative team and new issue 1.If Marvel gave up on every character that drop to cancellation level Dr Strange, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Black Widow, Iron Fist,Nova, Punisher etc wouldn't exist.

I wish Valiant ,Lionforge or some other small companies had the resources of Marvel or DC then you would see how fast Marvel and DC would change if some these smaller guys could put their projects into public eye.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-19-2019 at 01:16 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Claudehavemercy, the thirst is always real. I mean his dad just died in a terror attack and the red-headed assassin with the new short cut was all- 'sorry bout that' (blink, blink, blink). All of Zach Snyder's JL, Gal Gadot quasi-ass shots seem like an early 2 Live Crew video compared to the MCU.
    Dammnn...2 Live Crew videos were part of what helped some of us into adulthood.

I won't say exactly how but only that they did.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    This is the very reason why Latinos are the least represented demographic in America across mostly all mediums, despite being the 2nd largest group. This passive attitude of "I don't care". There's so many new characters created in recent times, that I'm going to give a writer props for when said new characters are Latino, because there are so few of them. Agendas be damned!

Jaime Reyes and Jessica Cruz are great characters! And I don't just love them because they're Latinos, but I do appreciate that a writer created them as such. Or someone like Crazy Jane on the Doom Patrol show. In the comics she isn't Latina, but on the show she's played by Diane Guererro, who is killing it in that role! According to your logic, Diane is just filling a quota because Jane isn't Latina in the comics... Weird logic imo.
    Quoted in 100% agreement.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

To be honest again Marvel Comics wasn't in huge trouble in the late 1990's/early 2000's. Yes they filed a bankruptcy deal but the company's main profits was from publishing and the main bankruptcy issues was around the expansion the people above did into theme parks , trading card companies etc. So when they filed the bankruptcy it was due to that. The comics was the main money driver.

Also the guy often over looked at Marvel's critical recovery was ...Bob Harras. Bob Harras was EIC from this period and basically gave Deadpool his 1st solo series launching that character to what we see now. He also was around when Marvel Knights was 1st approved and gave us Busiek/Perez's great Avengers run. It wasn't til he disagreed with Bill Jemas over things that he was pushed out in 2001 and Quesada came in. But the books took a massive jump in quality before Quesada came on.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Invincible Member

Didn't have to come from the outside. More like the inside with certain writing staff.

Hell look at Waid with Meyer and the stuff that happened there with the lawsuit. Hell even EVS is backing Meyer and he is like john byrne was...pretty much non existent in comicbook work
    But that's what you said though...you didn't like people from outside of comics pushing an agenda on comics. Said people don't really exist. And Waid's been in the industry for over 25 yrs. Marvel's "diversity push" over the last couple of years was not something orchestrated by him. And his feud with Meyer is a completely different matter.

Also, be careful. There's a limit to how much we can discuss c*m*csg*t* by name on these boards.

Claudehavemercy, the thirst is always real. I mean his dad just died in a terror attack and the red-headed assassin with the new short cut was all- 'sorry bout that' (blink, blink, blink). All of Zach Snyder's JL, Gal Gadot quasi-ass shots seem like an early 2 Live Crew video compared to the MCU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I get the feeling that some folks barely make it back to the "BET Uncut" days.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    i get the feeling that some folks barely make it back to the "bet uncut" days.
    oh lawd dat tip drill video
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I understand why they cut the scene due to pacing but

Widow was in over her head lol
    That was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I understand why they cut the scene due to pacing but

Widow was in over her head lol
    Aw that was dope, pacing is what they'll say, like that 20 seconds threw the whole vibe of the film off or something. This is what made the 616 so cool, capes rappin' with each other over business between the splash pages. Heh, she Black Widow'd and King barley wanted to look up from his Samsung to cool that noise. "Look chick, I ain't Steve. Where I'm from we got a daycare with a box full of Cap shields somewhere, so..."

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    BP & BW were pretty interesting before the bomb went off, imo.

I felt they were trying to get a feel for each other which was fun. I got the feeling she thought he was in her corner. I loved that he had no words for her after the airport battle. He just quietly reported her to her boss, and her little cute ass been on the run since, lol. She did not even try step to him during IW.

The awesome thing was that BP, at the end of the day, really was not tripping off her. No need to act a fool no matter how good she look.

All young men should watch those scenes to avoid getting caught up in messy relationships.
    I can dig it. I have some Johansen bias workin but yea, the interplay didn't get past me for what it was. As brief as it was. The MCU been could use more contrast, it being the giant sausage fest and all it is.

Gal need more ham sandwiches & squats in her life....for real.
    Pshhh, for real for real, aint nothin' happening.

#ehhhhnotreallymyWonderWoman

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Whut. How many remember The Box and the 1-800 number... mmman we'd be like, 'somebody need to hurry up and call to spend this $2.50 on that new Sir-Mix-Alot or Luther Campbell video. I don't know what young bois do today, other than have it easy. Smuggling a copy of 'In Loving Color' on VHS tape in the crib that you got from a homeboy was a unique experience.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

It is also funny that Stark knew something was off when he first met Natasha.

The only guys she real with, to me, are Clint & Steve.

Pretty sure if Sam Wilson would tap, if he could.

Aw that was dope, pacing is what they'll say, like that 20 seconds threw the whole vibe of the film off or something.
    I think it is more to do with it doesn't really add anything to the plot. We already know he has privileges bc he is head of state. Ross said so in a different scene.

Plus, I don't like Widow being able to get a chance to look at the suit. That is Wakanda's private tech.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

One of the things that kinda bugs me is how the actresses are not putting in that work in the gym.

You look at Gal, and she has no quads while the extras on Themyscira are about that gym life.

Brie, Zoe, & Karen are playing characters who should have some muscle tone.

I appreciate Evangeline touching weights.

Check out Angela Bassett's films during the 1990s, especially when she played Tina Turner. She had that perfect blend of tone & femininity.

One of the things that kinda bugs me is how the actresses are not putting in that work in the gym.

You look at Gal, and she has no quads while the extras on Themyscira are about that gym life.

Brie, Zoe, & Karen are playing characters who should have some muscle tone.

I appreciate Evangeline touching weights.

I mean, Brie did. But her character was covered head to toe for 99% of the movie, with the exception being the air force rope scene where she was in baggy tshirt. But she did put on muscle as seen HERE and she has videos like THIS on ig for her training

also, TBF to gal, I think she did workout its just... she started as super model ribs showing thin lol