Page 208 of 828 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308708 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 12406

So Lando can't even get on the cover? lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Is that real? Who's the girl in the back with the Afro?

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Is that real? Who's the girl in the back with the Afro?
    It is supposed to be, it leaked.

Only thing that gives me pause is C3PO with that bow gun thing lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Hip-hop media is all kind of warped.

We are hearing about Cardi B ranting about drugging men and robbing them while she was still a stripper. But Hip-hop media goes out of their way to defend her, like seriously? All that about Cardi B getting nothing handed to her is bull, most of us had nothing handed to us and we had to work hard to be anything close to stable. The hip-hop community has a pattern of enabling criminal behavior and looking for all sort of ridiculous reasons to justify said behavior.

In what world is it ok for a person to drug another person? People are comparing her to Bill Cosby and yes we know that rape is a completely different thing but still there’s a lot of things wrong with drugging an individual.
    Music media in general is all kind of warped. 'Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n' Roll' is pretty apt tagline for what people used to categorize as Rock music. All media that makes it's bones from any specific genre is going to bend over for it. If TIME magazine liked or disliked a 2Pac record back in the day it was little consequence to me personally. If The Source or VIBE liked or disliked a 2Pac record it would merit a certain consideration but likely didn't make or break the sale of the record. This extends to whatever today's online media landscape opines about any project. Prolly holds less weight if I'm being honest.

... Like is a strong word lol (I like donuts), let's just say I fuks with Mrs. Belcalis, some of her music slaps to me. I loves me a female rapper too and she is a performer. I don't watch reality shows so I didn't get introduced to her until she started doing music, but Hip-Hop's never had an ex-stripper/reality star get this big. How many rappers used to sell dope before they became big time music superstars though, a gang of them, Hip-Hop is from the streets right? Question is how many still do it- none.

That said make it clear, I don't hold Cardi B in the space as an actual MC, male or female. That's my biggest thing with her, the music isn't the catalyst for the whole thing. Again she is a performer but I come from the camp where most rappers actually wrote most of their ****, especially early on. There is a team behind her and I don't necessarily rock with that but then again this ain't the 80s or 90s anymore. As far as the fk ****, hey, yea that's foul but I've been to a bachelor party where the girls got robbed behind the scenes. Whoever did it got back too cause they was makin' bread that night. Street **** has it's own consequences, I'm sure as a stripper she's seen and been adjacent to a whole lot of fk ****. I used frequent the 'gentleman' 'clubs' at one point, I was a cheap bastard lol, but some brothas wasn't. Some brothas were respectable some didn't give a fk how they treated them. Not sayin' any guy who got drugged and robbed by a stripper deserved it, gotta be smart about **** but a lot of them girls die for less. It is what it is. Drug the wrong Darryl she'd probably get beat so bad she never would have made a living rapping, or worse.

Problem is these days is that a certain level of fame comes on these young people so fast, some of them are still into street ****. Lil' Kim did time behind **** that she didn't say anything about from before she hit big. Consequences came down later, that's not how it works these days unless you're a super, superstar.

Then too if you got robbed and drugged by Cardi B back in 20 whenever, when she was still dancing, you might should probably contact your local authorities as soon as possible. Get yours.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Music media in general is all kind of warped. 'Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n' Roll' is pretty apt tagline for what people used to categorize as Rock music. All media that makes it's bones from any specific genre is going to bend over for it. If TIME magazine liked or disliked a 2Pac record back in the day it was little consequence to me personally. If The Source or VIBE liked or disliked a 2Pac record it would merit a certain consideration but likely didn't make or break the sale of the record. This extends to whatever today's online media landscape opines about any project. Prolly holds less weight if I'm being honest.

... Like is a strong word lol (I like donuts), let's just say I fuks with Mrs. Belcalis, some of her music slaps to me. I loves me a female rapper too and she is a performer. I don't watch reality shows so I didn't get introduced to her until she started doing music, but Hip-Hop's never had an ex-stripper/reality star get this big.
    Eve's the only other ex stripper to rap that I know of but that was a million years ago by Hip Hop standards. Besides she's an actress now.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    How many rappers used to sell dope before they became big time music superstars though, a gang of them, Hip-Hop is from the streets right? Question is how many still do it- none.

That said make it clear, I don't hold Cardi B in the space as an actual MC, male or female. That's my biggest thing with her, the music isn't the catalyst for the whole thing. Again she is a performer but I come from the camp where most rappers actually wrote most of their ****, especially early on. There is a team behind her and I don't necessarily rock with that but then again this ain't the 80s or 90s anymore. As far as the fk ****, hey, yea that's foul but I've been to a bachelor party where the girls got robbed behind the scenes. Whoever did it got back too cause they was makin' bread that night. Street **** has it's own consequences, I'm sure as a stripper she's seen and been adjacent to a whole lot of fk ****. I used frequent the 'gentleman' 'clubs' at one point, I was a cheap bastard lol, but some brothas wasn't. Some brothas were respectable some didn't give a fk how they treated them. Not sayin' any guy who got drugged and robbed by a stripper deserved it, gotta be smart about **** but a lot of them girls die for less. It is what it is. Drug the wrong Darryl she'd probably get beat so bad she never would have made a living rapping, or worse.

Problem is these days is that a certain level of fame comes on these young people so fast, some of them are still into street ****. Lil' Kim did time behind **** that she didn't say anything about from before she hit big. Consequences came down later, that's not how it works these days unless you're a super, superstar.

Then too if you got robbed and drugged by Cardi B back in 20 whenever, when she was still dancing, you might should probably contact your local authorities as soon as possible. Get yours.
    Many dudes, do not want to admit that they ever got got in that manner. So Cardi can say this and dudes are probably laughing at the victims rather that condemning the f*ckery, I imagine. I'm not sure
    exactly how some peeps justify that ish to themselves other than it didn't happen to them back in the day.

Or yet, if they are still...partaking.

I mean, this fake outrage is all pretty much BS

How's Chris Brown doing? How long did it take for anyone ot care about R Kelly?

Did anyone care when amy schumer "joked" about raping a dude that was pretty much passed out?

This will blow over in 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Eve's the only other ex stripper to rap that I know of but that was a million years ago by Hip Hop standards. Besides she's an actress now.
    Mmmmmmm. Good pull. Damn, 'We gone make it' came out in 2000...

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Many dudes, do not want to admit that they ever got got in that manner. So Cardi can say this and dudes are probably laughing at the victims rather that condemning the f*ckery, I imagine. I'm not sure
    exactly how some peeps justify that ish to themselves other than it didn't happen to them back in the day.

Or yet, if they are still...partaking.
    Boom. Only thing I'd add is not a binary choice, all dudes that's laughin'/not condemning and vice versa isn't a singular feeling.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

I honestly feel for any poor soul who has the job of
    Public Relations in this day and age.

I mean imagine you rep Cardi and go to bed like "all's well"
    , then wake up to....this.

The controversy is dumb but so's self incrimination via Twitter. Statue of Limitations be damned.

I don't even know how this happened. I can't see anybody
    checking Cardi's street cred.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 03-27-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So Rose Tico will have a much smaller role in this one as she didn't seem to make this list or the previous poster image?
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Extraordinary Member

So Lando can't even get on the cover? lol
    The character is still alive?

I guess so.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 03-27-2019 at 12:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member

In regards to Cardi B, she will be fine so long as she under the radar of someone with power over the mass media.

It was someone behind the scenes who decided to spotlight a nobody named Hannibal who was using Bill Cosby rape stories in his stand-up.

Dave Chappelle & the Boondocks both did skits on R. Kelly over a decade before someone decided to refocus on the Pied Piper.

Someone with media power decided it made more sense to reopen the Michael Jackson allegations instead of the more recent stuff with Harvey Weinstein.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1110935269971103744

I ain't ever read this series but the premise is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1110935269971103744

I ain't ever read this series but the premise is interesting.
    Never read it either but the female lead reminds me of Deadly Nightshade.

Ultimate Member

https://deadline.com/2019/03/bitter-...em-1202583443/

EXCLUSIVE: Legendary Pictures has acquired the feature film rights to Bitter Root, the acclaimed horror-action series from Image Comics that centers on an African-American family of monster hunters who ply their trade in New York City during the stirring era of the Jazz Age.

The series creators — David F. Walker, Sanford Greene, and Chuck Brown, will executive produce along with Big Machine’s Sean Owolo. Jon Silk and Disney Hall will oversee the project for Legendary. Bitter Root has been a breakout success for Image Comics since the 24-page inaugural issue hit store shelves the week before last Thanksgiving. The critical response was glowing (on Comic Book Roundup, the review aggregation site, the series scored a 9.2 critics rating and 8.7 user rating) and the fan interest was immediate (a second printing was ordered just two days after the debut issue’s street date).
    So more "fan gator gate" tears to fall as someone else they harassed is finding success.