Page 212 of 828 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312712 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 12408
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I swear these, "stay in your neighborhood and try and fix it!" stories never well

or maybe you only here about the ones that don't
    It's tough to have nice things when self-hating clowns are stinking up the place.

Extraordinary Member

I think it seems worse sometimes because the solution seems easier. "Just stop freaking shooting each other! wth! just stop it."

systemic racism is just so... daunting. Especially when a lot of people pretend it doesn't exist because they can't "see" it.
    It's not just shooting each other. It's the behavior on social media. The energy some people put into projecting their self-hate onto others is mind-boggling.

If a black person does not like being around other black folks.....then quietly go away.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Bruh Fvck Yeah!; congrats
    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Hey, congrats!

Thanks you guys!

Extraordinary Member

Here is another way I can explain the sickness of self-hate in comic terms, by using old school X-Men as an example.

Let's start with the Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club, rich mutants who could use their vast wealth to help elevate their own kind. Instead, they exploited other mutants. IIRC, Sebastian Shaw was the one to put the thought into Senator Robert Kelly's (lol) head about Sentinels. Those Sentinels went on to subjugate mutantkind in several possible future timelines. Mutants preying on their own, but eventually sowing the seeds of their own destruction. Sebastian Shaw might be equal to these lame conservatives you see on TV, or a super-powered Clarence Thomas.

Then you have the Marauders, and the Morlock Massacre. You had mutants go into a mutant community, and slaughter it. The Marauders worked for a non-mutant, Mr. Sinister. Sinister did not need to get his hands dirty, he sent mutants to do his dirty work. A bunch of depraved, ignorant, self-hating bastards.

The worst member was Sabretooth. He might be the equivalent to some self-destructive, stereotype perpetuating gangsta-rapper.

Excluding future timelines, I often saw the Inner Circle & the Marauders doing far more harm to mutants in America than humans.

It is one thing not to help, but don't put energy into hurting your own.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    This thing is taking an ugly turn now that the Chicago Police Union is protesting their own states atty. Kim Foxx and her decision to not push forward on Smollett. Jussie is an ******* and a liar in my eyes but the uproar from the Police Union is very disturbing considering all instances past and present with one of the most notorious blue walls in the entire country. I can only imagine the slurs hurled at her... One protester claimed all of this tumult from the largely white police union regarding Kim Foxx holds a high degree of racial bias and I can see his point. I've NEVER seen this level of law enforcement mobilize in this way #1, or even at the very least say word one regarding one the many officers accused of gunning down young black men. Chicago, LAPD and New York are sanctum sanctorums of what's wrong with law enforcement and for them to be so pissed says a lot about how things have gone in Chicago for as long as there has been a Chicago. It's sickening, I'm not on Jussie's side but I for damn sure ain't on the CPD side by any means. It reeks of 'this is OUR game' and we are the only ones who play it.
    Yeah this is a LOT of outrage over Felony Disorderly Conduct. The DA most likely figured that prosecuting this would be way more trouble and expense than its worth
    given that Jussie Smolett is a person of some means and wasn't going to plead out and make it easy for them.

A judgement call the D.A. is authorized to make But the CPD have their hearts set on a trial and by God, they are going to force one.

Given the CPD's general rep and all the leaking that was done by them in this case, a trial is the very last thing they should want.

They are really out of control.

Extraordinary Member

Speaking of comics, I gotta give props to Stan Lee & Steve Ditko for creating J. Jonah Jameson.

In this age of being able to drag someone through the mud, and totally turn public opinion against a person without concrete facts, JJJ should be making a comeback both in comics, and in film. Even though he has written retractions in-story about Spider-Man, it did not undo the damage to the hero's reputation.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 04-02-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Speaking of comics, I gotta give props to Stan Lee & Steve Ditko for creating J. Jonah Jameson.

In this age of being able to drag someone through the mud, and totally turn public opinion against a person without concrete facts, JJJ should be making a comeback both in comics, and in film. Even though he has written retractions in-story about Spider-Man, it did not undo the damage to the hero's reputation.
    Jameson has more in common with Alex Jones than he does with Oprah.

Extraordinary Member

Self-hate is the buffer that allows racism to breath freely.
    A quotable line. Sometimes I'm not sure it's just self-hate like active self destruction. I mean I know they go hand in hand but still. Ppl trying to sweep this problem under the rug or minimize don't help either. Like damn you can't hide this problem when it's this big and yes other races do the same thing but- I believe we can do better. R.I.P Nipsy Hussle
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 04-02-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly I wouldn't even call it public opinion. It's like the media opinion and whoever chooses to just "believe". A lot ppl ain't going for that **** anymore.

I honestly think black-on-black violence is far worse than racism.
    In 2016 Violent crime ,it was Black on Black crime was 90%, White on White crime was 83.4 %. The point being you never hear people talk about about White on White crime like it is epidemic. Most violent crime is a proximity thing ,The person who commits the crime knows the person. Black on Black crime is just crime,I bet Asian on Asian crime in China is ridiculous. People need to stop bring up Black on Black like Black people are predetermine to kill each other more than anyone else. Anytime someone mentions Black on Black crime mention the poverty rate and conviction/prison rate among Black people. It is simple cycle poor people are more likely to commit crime, Black People are more likely to convicted for crime, People who commit crime are less likely to get hired for a good job, Those people if they stay alive or not in jail ,their family are more likely to be in poverty. The Crime rate lowers when lower class move up to middle class.

Racism is far worse than "black on black" crime, Systematic racism keeps many black people in poverty and jail creating the environment for higher crime rate. And most violent crime is a proximity thing .......

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    In 2016 Violent crime ,it was Black on Black crime was 90%, White on White crime was 83.4 %. The point being you never hear people talk about about White on White crime like it is epidemic. Most violent crime is a proximity thing ,The person who commits the crime knows the person. Black on Black crime is just crime,I bet Asian on Asian crime in China is ridiculous. People need to stop bring up Black on Black like Black people are predetermine to kill each other more than anyone else. Anytime someone mentions Black on Black crime mention the poverty rate and conviction/prison rate among Black people. It is simple cycle poor people are more likely to commit crime, Black People are more likely to convicted for crime, People who commit crime are less likely to get hired for a good job, Those people if they stay alive or not in jail ,their family are more likely to be in poverty. The Crime rate lowers when lower class move up to middle class.

Racism is far worse than "black on black" crime, Systematic racism keeps many black people in poverty and jail creating the environment for higher crime rate. And most violent crime is a proximity thing .......
    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Guuuuurl I'm glad you said it

lol
    FrFr you put it so much more calmer and polite than I was attempting. might have to save this and direct folks in my life that looove to speak on BoB crime

HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

I honestly feel like there hasn't been any outrage at all about what Peele said. Maybe I missed it.

Seems to be more "counter outrage" by people when no one really cared lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Invincible Member

I honestly feel like there hasn't been any outrage at all about what Peele said. Maybe I missed it.

Normal people didn't care about what Brie Larson said either. It was mostly internet nerds who were a network of anti-SJW Marvel people and anti-feminist gamers,* who already disliked Carol Danvers and were going to hate on the movie regardless.

*plus people cashing in the gullibility of those people.

This is the only report I found on such outrage.

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/the...iss-1833633666

Basically, it happened but went by really quickly.