Page 215 of 827 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315715 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 12396

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    There is too much money to be made from Black on Black crime. Be it an easy ride to political office, easy ride to rap music fame, book deals, movie deals, tv shows and so on. How much money has been made off the bloody bodies of black males killed by another black male?
    I don't know bruh, that seems heavy right. Speak your truth and it is all bad no question but very little of that rises to the level of exploitation beyond the institutional levels, where it really counts- FOR EVERYBODY. Prison Industrial complex, overreaching law enforcement, Political stances on crime and housing discrimination weigh the heaviest on our community as a whole imo.

As far as the 'entertainment' part of it goes, I'm not trying to come off as a semantics-ist, prolly not even a word but details count. I can't say bringing a light to socioeconomic circumstances is a detriment. NO QUESTION there is a sizeable component of complete BULLSHIT in Hip-Hop (not unlike music from Rock) but same time, it has been an excellent educator over it's damn near 45 years as a genre (not like Rock). I'm not talking about a single entity or a corny act but the bones of it and it's circumstances, depending on mileage for sho, the good far outweighs the bad and its not easy by any stretch. I know you rail against 'hood movies' but really, is there that much of it to even quantify it as something that profits off of actual lives? I hope I'm not being a macroist about this.

A great parallel is how Italian people and Organized Crime is presented, there is your exploitation. Mob **** is a huge money maker and how much of that is rooted in blood? 85%? Higher? Like Grandma Everline says, you never wanna compare your situation to the worst but... we ain't that, on some 'that' **** amiright.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The issue we have right now is no one wants to listen to concerns about the issues in the hood. Because talking about it means demanding ACCOUNTABILITY. It also means asking why is there a cherry picking agenda when it comes to support to help the community?

It also means understanding how Black on Black Crime empowers Institutionalized racism.
    ^ There is a lot here. 1. Atlanta has a very high concentration of black folks and no where near the most deadly city to live in in the country as far as crime. Same goes for many palces, where it gets sad is the concentrations. Also a question is how much of a margin is it where- like in any community there will ALWAYS be predators and 'Shitty Cuz's' which is who the guy who killed Hussle went by in the street.

The hood needs jobs
    The hood needs schools with SUSTAINABLE education

BOTH have become increasinlgy scarse in the community since IDK, say the last 50 years, making it generational. White folks get to just be white and we don't need the secret conspiracy **** when it's overt. It's not an excuse by any means but the crime in the most impoverished, DENSE, communities are crimes of opportunity and crimes of survival and it HURTS, so much more the closer you are to it but that is not a situation that created itself. It's a pressue cooker created and fostered and indoctrinated by American Society. Daunting yes but there are steps made, baby steps for sure, to make light of it and to find better outcomes.

“Anyone who has ever struggled with poverty knows how extremely expensive it is to be poor.”
    James Baldwin

My grandmother, who is soon to be 90 and lucid as all get out, her and I have been talking a lot more than we used to about the past. When she was a child that side of my family were sharecroppers and lived on plantation land, there were 8 of them. I'm only 43 and she's not even my oldest relative, in her lifetime, is a direct link to slavery. Not 100 years ago and not some 6 degrees of separation ****. She's from Mississippi and she didn't even know anybody who could sign their own name. They signed for their paychecks with an 'X'. 'We've' came a long way unfortunately it is situationally, like my Grandma, she graduated from college and went through a ton of bs but got it done and came out on the better end than much of her other family who didn't. That's to say we are still in the midst of ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I could very well be overreacting with this rant....

I don't think racist cops would so gung-ho if they knew they were entering a united neighborhood.

More & more it bothers the hell out of me when I see some folks put so much energy into tearing down their own.

Self-hate is a terrible sickness. A person who looks nothing like you can show disrespect six ways to Sunday with no reverberations, but a grievance by someone that looks like you drives you over the edge.

Self-hate is the buffer that allows racism to breath freely.
    Speak your truth my man. I agree with everything above outside of the parts about the cops and that fact the self-hate leading to community harm. Unfortunately that is not the internalized norm. The fact that we are so angry and frustrated about the instances we do have speaks to us as an emphatic people and that's a GOOD thing. Including the dialogue we have here. Far as the police, that was the impetus for the Watts riots in 1965. The neighborhood was as unified as it likely could be and years up to the Los Angeles imported dozens of bigoted, racists police to Los Angeles and Watts and they cracked heads and destroyed that community during the early parts of the Civil Rights era. Years later the drugs and the gangs came and fueled a fire with gasoline.

There will always be poachers among 'us', the indoctrination against people of color is a fine tuned machine and it even works among us. I will say that the contrast is that there are African American's in many, many places and only in the most harsh and concentrated of neighborhoods do these things continue to happen and they most definetley SHOULD NOT. And it hurts, everytime but racism will breath and sleep great at night even when the hood is calm.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    You're completely right ppl don't want to deal with reality. People like Tariq Nasheed calling ppl sambos for saying we need to do better and confront these issues. I'm like at this point I think that dude is C.I.A like wtf but yeah he's making money by keeping ppl feeling helpless with this "dominant culture" bullshit. I can't see how anyone who grew up in the hood or whatever can stay silent about this ****.
    You grow up seeing ppl you know including friends and relatives being murdered and it's like afterwhile you can't just keep putting all this squarely on the shoulders of racism. There's definitely ppl benefiting from our conditions black and white and those are the ones who want ppl to shutup about it. Suspect mothaeffas man.
    I don't fk with Nasheed. I think he stokes fire and has amassed a large following on speaking in circles and using hip-hop vernacular to vibe without having a single solitary plan of any action, other than repeatedly saying 'what you won't do'. Fk him, he has outright lied in a couple of his videos regarding things of public record. He dissuades for the sake of hawking merch imo. He is doing with us the same thing as Trump does with his base excepts he's goofier with it, which says a lot. $.02
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    [font=georgia]

I don't fk with Nasheed. I think he stokes fire and has amassed a large following on speaking in circles and using hip-hop vernacular to vibe without having a single solitary plan of any action, other than repeatedly saying 'what you won't do'. Fk him, he has outright lied in a couple of his videos regarding things of public record. He dissuades for the sake of hawking merch imo. He is doing with us the same thing as Trump does with his base excepts he's goofier with it, which says a lot. $.02
    Yeah typical disinfo agent. One day he's telling you the truth the next it's some complete bullshit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    You know what's effed up is. Some of these so-called pro-blacks would call Malcolm X a coon today for speaking out against problems in the community. Promoting self reliance and taking responsibility for one's actions.
    Please stop with the hyperbole. Noone calls people coons for promoting self-reliance and taking responsibility for one's actions. A coon is someone who completely absolves systematic white supremacy of its underlying influence (power structure). Malcolm X always kept that in perspective while simultaneously maintaining the importance of Black people of taking responsibility of our own lives. You can preach both but if you preach personal responsibility without acknowledging and intentionally negating the impact of white supremacy then you are a coon.

Extraordinary Member

John Cho has been cast to play Bounty Hunter Spike Spegel in Netflix's adaptation of Cowboy Bebop.

https://www.themarysue.com/john-cho-...gel-the-force/

Mustafa Shakir (Bushmaster) from Luke Cage Season 2 has been cast as Jet Black.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    Please stop with the hyperbole. Noone calls people coons for promoting self-reliance and taking responsibility for one's actions. A coon is someone who completely absolves systematic white supremacy of its underlying influence (power structure). Malcolm X always kept that in perspective while simultaneously maintaining the importance of Black people of taking responsibility of our own lives. You can preach both but if you preach personal responsibility without acknowledging and intentionally negating the impact of white supremacy then you are a coon.
    Uh yeah there is no hyperbole there are definitely ppl doing that whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. You can definitely preach both but if you pretend to be pro-black while co-signing and giving a pass to ppl like freeway Rick you are a certified grade A coon and fraud (Tariq). And that goes for anybody else reppin that problack drug dealer bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    She is an idiot .

Dudes gonna secure the bag. I don't blame them.
    Nope the very next day he came out and said he was lying

https://revolt.tv/stories/2019/03/29...ing-0700767075

And nothing will ever happen because it is ridiculous hard to prove AND they have rat themselves out for soliction.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    this is awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    It really was not my intent if I came across that way.
    you good I was speaking of people I know personally not anything you posted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Multiple men have come forward on twitter that Cardi actually raped them. The first being a man named Kevin Smith.

This post is from last month but it's the only one I've seen covering the allegations.

https://wild949.iheart.com/featured/...im-speaks-out/
    Oh snap! I'm falling 107.9!!

The tick season 2 is out and while some of the minority cast from season 1 don't make appearances, other minorities do and its pretty neat

Plus one major fan theory was confirmed in that

spoilers:
    Walter, Arthur's stepdad in this continuity, is a former government agent assigned to protect his family but fell in love with Arthur's mother
    end of spoilers

One annoyance is that Arthur was jewish in the comics and cartoons but not here. Feels off

Kumail Nanjiani getting that Marvel money.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ernals-1199458

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Kumail Nanjiani getting that Marvel money.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ernals-1199458
    Interesting, wonder what character he'll play? I'm not familiar enough with the Eternals to know which one would best suit him.

Chris Darden of O.J. Simpson Fame Is Representing Nipsey Hussle's Accused Killer

https://www.theroot.com/chris-darden...pse-1833826895

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Interesting, wonder what character he'll play? I'm not familiar enough with the Eternals to know which one would best suit him.
    From what I'm understanding, he's supposed to play the lead, but I'm not familiar with who are the major players when it comes to the Eternal to know who the lead could be.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    From what I'm understanding, he's supposed to play the lead, but I'm not familiar with who are the major players when it comes to the Eternal to know who the lead could be.
    The most iconic Eternals are Sersi, Makkari, and Ikaris. Angelina Jolie is probably playing Sersi, who's Scarlet Witch x 1000, Ikaris is blonde Superman, and Makkari (my favorite) is the fastest character in the Marvel universe. It would be hard to see Kumail as either one of them.

Anybody see any of The Chi on Showtime? Seem like every 5 to 7 years I pick up Showtime cause they flashin something half-way cool in front of me, like giving The Bodega Boys their own show, so here we are again. Maybe The Chi will prop up keeping it around for a couple more cycles.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Kyle Korver wrote a great article on Privilege

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...-utah-jazz-nba

I really liked this line:

What I’m realizing is, no matter how passionately I commit to being an ally, and no matter how unwavering my support is for NBA and WNBA players of color….. I’m still in this conversation from the privileged perspective of opting in to it. Which of course means that on the flip side, I could just as easily opt out of it. Every day, I’m given that choice — I’m granted that privilege — based on the color of my skin.

In other words, I can say every right thing in the world: I can voice my solidarity with Russ after what happened in Utah. I can evolve my position on what happened to Thabo in New York. I can be that weird dude in Get Out bragging about how he’d have voted for Obama a third term. I can condemn every racist heckler I’ve ever known.

But I can also fade into the crowd, and my face can blend in with the faces of those hecklers, any time I want.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html