Page 219 of 827 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269319719 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 12397

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    On the one hand, yes, agreed...

On the other hand...what if we're looking at Rey's parents!

Either the Force reduces melanin or the SW universe has some strong skin bleaching products.

Any way, a theory I saw in another forum I frequent is that "Skywalker" refers to the name of the replacement Jedi Order Rey will be building.

Also, this got a chuckle out of me.

Last edited by Agent Z; 04-13-2019 at 12:44 AM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I do think the title is a bit underwhelming but I'm pretty sure they wanted "Skywalker" to be in the title because they fully intend this to be the grand finale to the whole "Skywalker saga" thing and finally move on to new territory in the Star Wars universe. I've been thinking that Rey might take-on the last name Skywalker because she doesn't have a last name, but I can totally see her founding a new post-Jedi order called Skywalkers as well.

Overall though I am really hyped for the movie. I've always been a huge Star Wars nerd and I actually like all of the Star Wars movies, it always bums me out when people attack the various different "eras" of Star Wars movies.

The only thing I wish is that they would include gay characters, but that still doesn't look very likely. I'm really hope there's a gay character in The Mandalorian, because there's less constraints on tv and I'm hyped for The Mandalorian too.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    ... wut

Blade getting a push? First Avengers and now this?

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Blade is a little out of his element here unless they are going with the "very stupid very slow not technique" version of Logan. WHich you never know which version you are going to get these days
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Uh Blade has superhuman speed,strength and is a master martial artist so Wolvy at his best is gonna have problems.

Is his healing factor as good as Logan's?

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Uh Blade has superhuman speed,strength and is a master martial artist so Wolvy at his best is gonna have problems.
    vs another dude with super human speed, strength, master martial artist for centuries, indestructable skeleton, built in knives, enhanced senses, and a ridiculous healing factor

So, like I said, it depend on which "version" of Logan you get. The solo book version where he is all those things or the background teambook version who just yells "roarrrrrrrrrr" and runs into the bad guy just to get stabbed instantly

No, unless reborn Logan lost a chunk of his healing factor. I'm a little behind there...

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I doubt it but I think wolverine has gotten some power buffs from writers. Back in the day his healing factor would take awhile to heal him depending on the injury.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    vs another dude with super human speed, strength, master martial artist for centuries, indestructable skeleton, built in knives, enhanced senses, and a ridiculous healing factor

So, like I said, it depend on which "version" of Logan you get. The solo book version where he is all those things or the background teambook version who just yells "roarrrrrrrrrr" and runs into the bad guy just to get stabbed instantly
    Yeah the superhuman martial artist thing goes both ways. Wolverine once got beat by an old man with a wooden sword. Either way can't see how Blade is out of his element. Also don't recall Wolverine ever being in the background of any X-Men book. Jumping into piles of swords is pretty much his thing.

I doubt it but I think wolverine has gotten some power buffs from writers. Back in the day his healing factor would take awhile to heal him depending on the injury.
    I think it was CW when he regrew to getting melted to his skeleton when it completely jumped the shark.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think it was CW when he regrew to getting melted to his skeleton when it completely jumped the shark.
    Wow I missed that lol that's god level stuff. Yeah in the dofp comic that's how a sentinel killed him disintegrated to the bone.

I don't know. Remember that Blade is half-vampire. That should probably give him a pretty decent healing factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Either the Force reduces melanin or the SW universe has some strong skin bleaching products.
    Maybe she puts her hair up for a reason?

Ok seriously, my own pet theory is that Abrams will commit to something Lucas only hinted at: Palpatine used the Force to create Anakin, so Luke in turn used the Force to create Rey. That's why Rey's parents left her, unlike Shmee they didn't want kids and somehow knew that they themselves didn't "create" her. How Luke didn't know in TLJ (or he did and didn't say) could be covered in TRoS.

Or they just keep it simple and just call the new Jedi order she creates the Skywalker Order.

Somehow I like the idea better that Rey's parents abandoned her because they were spice addicts or something. I doubt they'll go with that, though.

Anyway, the new Star Wars game Jedi Fallen Order has a former black female Jedi Master as one of the story characters (played by Debra Wilson). I believe she's the only black female Jedi in current canon. At least I think so.

Last edited by Charmed; 04-13-2019 at 12:30 PM.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I don't know. Remember that Blade is half-vampire. That should probably give him a pretty decent healing factor.
    Yeah I think he's probably the same level Wolverine was in the 90s. Since then some writers have really jumped the shark with Wolverine's healing factor.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I haven't seen Shazam! but I'm hearing that one of the characters is implied to be gay.