Page 220 of 828 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320720 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 12408

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I haven't seen Shazam! but I'm hearing that one of the characters is implied to be gay.
    Based on an offhand comment but yeah. I didn't think much of it (the comment) until I came online and heard people using it to say it implies he's gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Based on an offhand comment but yeah. I didn't think much of it (the comment) until I came online and heard people using it to say it implies he's gay.
    Well the movie IS called Shazam!...

Anybody on here still play or keep up with Mortal Kombat? The recent backlash has been insane! They just did a Kombat Kast on Friday showing off/revealing 3 new characters for the game (Kitana being one) and yet all people could talk about was the absence of the fan favorite Mileena. Like literally, Mileena was the one trending on twitter, and all the comments on YT/Facebook/IG/Forums were about her. The controversy being, NRS gave Kitana some of Mileena's moves, basically lowkey confirming the latter won't be in the game.

Honestly NRS brought this on themselves. Mileena is one of the most popular characters in the franchise and is arguably the most popular female character in Mortal Kombat, so her exclusion is getting the warranted backlash.

Edit: Thought MK would have known better than to treat character's as functions/movesets. Guess MK11 will go the route of MVCI
    Last edited by El_Gato; 04-14-2019 at 02:12 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Anybody on here still play or keep up with Mortal Kombat? The recent backlash has been insane! They just did a Kombat Kast on Friday showing off/revealing 3 new characters for the game (Kitana being one) and yet all people could talk about was the absence of the fan favorite Mileena. Like literally, Mileena was the one trending on twitter, and all the comments on YT/Facebook/IG/Forums were about her. The controversy being, NRS gave Kitana some of Mileena's moves, basically lowkey confirming the latter won't be in the game.

Honestly NRS brought this on themselves. Mileena is one of the most popular characters in the franchise and is arguably the most popular female character in Mortal Kombat, so her exclusion is getting the warranted backlash.
    This seems like a big to do over nothing.

The FGC is a trip.

As character heavy as MK11 is how does anybody reasonable figure that Mileena won't be added ever?

She probably won't be included at launch is all.

Ultimate Member

So the top new movie of the week is Little-with Regina Hall & Issa. I never heard of this film.

Yet it did better than Hellboy.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Somehow I like the idea better that Rey's parents abandoned her because they were spice addicts or something. I doubt they'll go with that, though.

Anyway, the new Star Wars game Jedi Fallen Order has a former black female Jedi Master as one of the story characters (played by Debra Wilson). I believe she's the only black female Jedi in current canon. At least I think so.

This is really EA begging folks to give this game a chance given how bad they have fucked this license up the last 6-7 years. They went on twitter to claim the game is a single person story game with no microtransactions. To try and tell the fanbase they want them in this. It remains to be seen if the game will be any good though. Remember EA rushed the 1st Battlefield out before it was ready to try and sell it before a film.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    This seems like a big to do over nothing.

The FGC is a trip.

As character heavy as MK11 is how does anybody reasonable figure that Mileena won't be added ever?

She probably won't be included at launch is all.
    I guess because Kitana has Mileena's sai and telekick as a variation and Kollector has one of her fatalities, albeit somewhat different (hands vs teeth). In MKX Kitana had Jade's moves as a variation and the latter turned out to not be playable in the end. So most are assuming that means no Mileena this round, hence all the backlash.

Im still hoping for DLC at worst, secret unlockable at best (like the leak said).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So the top new movie of the week is Little-with Regina Hall & Issa. I never heard of this film.

I forgot where I first saw the trailer for it, but I remember a trailer in front of Us. Regina, Issa, and Marsai Martin have also been doing the talk show appearances and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This is really EA begging folks to give this game a chance given how bad they have fucked this license up the last 6-7 years. They went on twitter to claim the game is a single person story game with no microtransactions. To try and tell the fanbase they want them in this. It remains to be seen if the game will be any good though. Remember EA rushed the 1st Battlefield out before it was ready to try and sell it before a film.
    I usually don't get games at full price, anyway, but once I realized that EA is behind all Star Wars games (even if Respawn is also doing the game), it did kill my interest a bit. Even if they weren't, I still need to see some gameplay.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post

I usually don't get games at full price, anyway, but once I realized that EA is behind all Star Wars games (even if Respawn is also doing the game), it did kill my interest a bit. Even if they weren't, I still need to see some gameplay.

I got SW : Battlefield a year or two after its release for like $10 bucks. Not a bad game but gets boring quick. Yeah EA is such a colossal **** up as a company you can't even be sure its gonna be good or won't have bugs in it at launch due to how bad they have been the last decade.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Hollywood keeps sleeping on the black woman audience for whatever reason.

It sounds like they're on eggshells. Back when the Battlefront 2 controversy first happened, it was reported that Disney was REALLY unhappy with the negative publicity and was seriously considering pulling the Star Wars license and giving it to someone else. EA really needs this to go off without a hitch. Trailer looked good, so I'm hopeful.
    Last edited by Holt; 04-14-2019 at 09:41 PM.

Edit: Thought MK would have known better than to treat character's as functions/movesets. Guess MK11 will go the route of MVCI
    Honestly in grand scheme it isn't that bad, They have someone to sell the next game with once they announce Mileena in MK 12 fans will go crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

It sounds like they're on eggshells. Back when the Battlefront 2 controversy first happened, it was reported that Disney was REALLY unhappy with the negative publicity and was seriously considering pulling the Star Wars license and giving it to someone else. EA really needs this to go off without a hitch. Trailer looked good, so I'm hopeful.
    Well a few months later Disney's CEO claimed they are happy with EA and they had no intention of pulling the license. Which pissed more off and asked just how fucking bad things have to get before Disney would step in. Which is sad because there are numerous studios out there who can do a Star Wars game and do more than what EA has done. Which is spend more time cancelling games .

Well a few months later Disney's CEO claimed they are happy with EA and they had no intention of pulling the license. Which pissed more off and asked just how fucking bad things have to get before Disney would step in. Which is sad because there are numerous studios out there who can do a Star Wars game and do more than what EA has done. Which is spend more time cancelling games .
    Disney really doesn't seem concerned about video games at all.

Why is that? Are they a risky investment or something?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Disney really doesn't seem concerned about video games at all.

Why is that? Are they a risky investment or something?
    Disney has tried, numerous times, to make their own video games and with the notable and confusing as all hell exception of kingdom hearts, and the less confusing Ducktales it doesn't really work. Tron games, nope, Disney infinity, people quit wanting to buy all those toys, Spectrobes, nope, they thought they could compete with pokemon. So they just shrugged their shoulders and gave up.

Oh yeah, and Epic Mickey, I still can't believe they went with that name, I thought it was a joke title at first, but they just went with it.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 04-15-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I guess because Kitana has Mileena's sai and telekick as a variation and Kollector has one of her fatalities, albeit somewhat different (hands vs teeth). In MKX Kitana had Jade's moves as a variation and the latter turned out to not be playable in the end. So most are assuming that means no Mileena this round, hence all the backlash.

Im still hoping for DLC at worst, secret unlockable at best (like the leak said)
    That is kind of what I would expect to happen given the size of the starting roster.

Mileena (and Sindel probably) are DLC bound if you ask me.

I saw more online complaints over the weekend about the modesty of the MK girls costumes than I saw about Meleena possible getting replaced, TBH.

I am thinking that Mileena fans saw Kitana's placement as the Chun Li of the MK franchise (and now Kitana looks WAY more Asian than Chun ever did) and got triggered, somehow.