Page 225 of 246 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 3679
  1. #3361
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,784

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    The Brie Larson hate runs deep, lol. I've read a few comments of people wanting Rogue to show up, and knock Carol down a few pegs.
    These people would as good as sign Rogue's death warrant if they were in charge. Nothing turns audiences off a character faster than seeing them kick the fandom's favorite puppy(just ask Iron Man fans). This another reason I don't want the Xmen in the main MCU.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-17-2019 at 12:11 PM.

  2. #3362
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    The Brie Larson hate runs deep, lol. I've read a few comments of people wanting Rogue to show up, and knock Carol down a few pegs.
    It is worse than the heat Black Panther got to be honest. A different type of hate.

    I don't know if it is because the BP movie was objectively so much better that it suffocated some of the hate or if the comic crowd hate is the same movie crowd hate in regard to Carol or if Brie just keeps pissing them off with comments or what.

    It is rather entertaining to watch though.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  3. #3363
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It is worse than the heat Black Panther got to be honest. A different type of hate.

    I don't know if it is because the BP movie was objectively so much better that it suffocated some of the hate or if the comic crowd hate is the same movie crowd hate in regard to Carol or if Brie just keeps pissing them off with comments or what.

    It is rather entertaining to watch though.
    I think folks just don't like Brie. As I understood it, Carol's whole reinvention during the 1970's was to be no holds barred, and ruffle feathers. If anything, Brie is staying in character, lol.

    I say keep the heat on her so team BP can quietly make an epic sequel.

    It goes without saying, but the success of Aquaman & Captain Marvel shows that Black Panther was not a fluke.

    People are simply ready for something different.

  4. #3364
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    While I'm glad Kevin Feige is in no rush to use the mutants, I do want to see Rogue, Destiny & Mystique in a Captain Marvel sequel. I would love to see some of Chris Claremont's original vision for that story play out on the big screen.

    Not because I want to see Carol go down, but seeing those four caught up a feud could be riveting storytelling if done right.

    This could be the best live action take for Rogue & Mystique (the Fox versions did nothing for me).

    Kevin could have gotten greedy by throwing Storm in BP, but I don't think she will appear in that series at all (unless they do more than 3 films).

  5. #3365
    MYTH SMITH ∞ !!! G. Boney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Seemed to have been a running theme with Blade. It's like they liked the popularity that Blade brought but didn't want a black male lead anymore, so they made the last movie and latest series about someone else which is asinine.
    With that 3rd movie Goyer was trying to set up a Nightstalkers spin-off with Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel. To the detriment of Blade.

    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I've heard that critique a few times, with folks saying the supporting cast felt more bada$$ then T'challa himself. The good side is at least
    the go to characters are still black (and often female), but the story itself was still primarily about Black Panther. Which sadly can't be said
    about the recent blade content.
    I look at it as Coogler having lots of room to improve BP's action scenes in the sequel. Similar to Cap in Winter Soldier.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

  6. #3366
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,176

    Default

    So now the rumour is that the gay character in The Eternals is also going to be Asian, allegedly Conrad Ricamora is allegedly the frontrunner for the role.

  7. #3367
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    So now the rumour is that the gay character in The Eternals is also going to be Asian, allegedly Conrad Ricamora is allegedly the frontrunner for the role.
    What is China's status with LGBT?

    Do they even allow movies that approach the subject?
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  8. #3368
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    12,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    While I'm glad Kevin Feige is in no rush to use the mutants, I do want to see Rogue, Destiny & Mystique in a Captain Marvel sequel. I would love to see some of Chris Claremont's original vision for that story play out on the big screen.

    Not because I want to see Carol go down, but seeing those four caught up a feud could be riveting storytelling if done right.

    This could be the best live action take for Rogue & Mystique (the Fox versions did nothing for me).

    Kevin could have gotten greedy by throwing Storm in BP, but I don't think she will appear in that series at all (unless they do more than 3 films).

    The deal wasn't done by the time Black Panther was filming to put Storm in Black Panther. Also we have to wonder if Feige and Disney will clash over the approach of X-Men coming in sooner or later. Deadpool is a certified cash cow franchise and the push to do Deadpool and X-Force will be hard to hold off. Disney has already said they want to do Deadpool films and keep the character running with Reynold's.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  9. #3369
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What is China's status with LGBT?

    Do they even allow movies that approach the subject?
    No. I heard they banned a Chinese tv show about gay men despite the fact that it was popular. And I'm pretty sure they only allowed an edited version of Bohemian Rhapsody that didn't acknowledge his sexuality. China is the number one reason why people doubt Marvel going to have an openly gay character anyway.

    Marvel still hasn't bothered to confirm whether there's going to be an openly gay character in The Eternals. It's just that one of the Russo brothers said we'd see an LGBT character "soon".

  10. #3370
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    No. I heard they banned a Chinese tv show about gay men despite the fact that it was popular. And I'm pretty sure they only allowed an edited version of Bohemian Rhapsody that didn't acknowledge his sexuality. China is the number one reason why people doubt Marvel going to have an openly gay character anyway.

    Marvel still hasn't bothered to confirm whether there's going to be an openly gay character in The Eternals. It's just that one of the Russo brothers said we'd see an LGBT character "soon".
    Ooof. That is going to some convincing of execs to cut out that entire market.

    Unlesss they release a version out of there that cuts out the obvious lgbt stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Deadpool is a certified cash cow franchise and the push to do Deadpool and X-Force will be hard to hold off. Disney has already said they want to do Deadpool films and keep the character running with Reynold's.
    I can easily see them putting out Deadpool first. He can easily be in the "MCU" without really being in the MCU while making meta jokes about it constantly. He really doesn't have to affect anything just like he really didn't effect the XCU.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  11. #3371
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ooof. That is going to some convincing of execs to cut out that entire market.

    Unlesss they release a version out of there that cuts out the obvious lgbt stuff.
    I've always assumed that if/when an LGBT character was in a superhero movie it would be a small role and any reference to their sexuality would be edited out for various foreign audiences.

    Also remember when Vanity Fair posted that article about Black Panther before it premiered talking about the scene (which got deleted) where Okoye flirts with another member of the Dora Milaje and Marvel's representatives immediately pounced on the story to say that the characters were not based on the lesbian couple from the comics? And yet there's all these rumours about a gay superhero in The Eternals and Marvel allegedly looking for an openly gay actor and yet they still haven't confirmed this.

  12. #3372
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It is worse than the heat Black Panther got to be honest. A different type of hate.

    I don't know if it is because the BP movie was objectively so much better that it suffocated some of the hate or if the comic crowd hate is the same movie crowd hate in regard to Carol or if Brie just keeps pissing them off with comments or what.

    It is rather entertaining to watch though.
    Felt like it might have been a nexus of sourpuss waiting around to happen.

    Once it didn't even make the dent that similar previous fussing did, it really felt like it kicked into "X-Files" gear.

  13. #3373
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I've always assumed that if/when an LGBT character was in a superhero movie it would be a small role and any reference to their sexuality would be edited out for various foreign audiences.

    Also remember when Vanity Fair posted that article about Black Panther before it premiered talking about the scene (which got deleted) where Okoye flirts with another member of the Dora Milaje and Marvel's representatives immediately pounced on the story to say that the characters were not based on the lesbian couple from the comics? And yet there's all these rumours about a gay superhero in The Eternals and Marvel allegedly looking for an openly gay actor and yet they still haven't confirmed this.
    They haven't immediately denied it either though.

    That article from Vanity Fair was irresponsible.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  14. #3374
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,784

    Default


  15. #3375
    Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,092
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Avengers, Invaders, Conan the Barbarian, Savage Sword of Conan, Savage Avengers, and tentatively Powers of X/House of X.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Doomsday Clock, Heroes In Crisis

    Xbox Live Gamertag:

    K0SL0X

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •