Page 233 of 828 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333733 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 12407
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You know, Marvel has no problem giving us some fan service

Okoye, Widow, and SW teaming up to fight Proxima is fan service

spoilers:
    all the females just happen to team up in End game is female fan service
    end of spoilers

And I am down for it. Movies should have fan service... it is made for the fans.

So when we gonna get that "all black heroes together" fan service lol?

LOL, they probably think the black panther movies fit that service.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    LOL, they probably think the black panther movies fit that service.
    We didn't even get T'challa and M'baku fighting together.

Got Doras together

Got Shuri/Nakia

Why is female fan service ok lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Invincible Member

Is "fan service" though...? Or more of a "girl power" thing? Fan service is like gratuitous panty and cleavage shots. When I hear "fan service" I think High School of the Dead or something...

So when we gonna get that "all black heroes together" fan service lol?
    Sooo what, was WM and Falcon laying cover fire during alien dog attack not nothing? If you listen close the 1 black spoke a word of salutation to the other black in a chummy fashion. #thepowersthatbe

What leo said, you people got a whole movie of that.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member

So I just finished MK 11 story mode. It was pretty good actually, I'd say top 3 story modes for a fighting game. (Favorite so far is Soul Caliber since you can create your own character.) But they definitely slipped up on the black characters for certain.

spoilers:

1 Jax and Jacqui were the only two characters to keep taking licks from the canon fodder, while most others ran through them in cool slow motion actions (though they got a smaller portion to display that.)

2 They admit that Jax and Jacqui has no type of magic or special powers, unlike the Cages, so them fighting against shinnock and elder gods are of course a no go without external help.

3 Jacqui and Kotal are the only two characters to get wrecked by villain characters in combat.
    end of spoilers

It goes back to my original discussion about how black characters are always second tier, lesser than their counterparts, and this was just another example of that.

Which is even more odd seeing as Jacqui, play wise, is a beast. Her fighting style is a lot like Zack from Dead or Alive.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Is "fan service" though...? Or more of a "girl power" thing? Fan service is like gratuitous panty and cleavage shots. When I hear "fan service" I think High School of the Dead or something...
    I am not sure what the correct term is for, "highly unlikely statistic thing happens just for fans to go HURRAY!!!!! that makes no sense plot wise" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Sooo what, was WM and Falcon laying cover fire during alien dog attack not nothing? If you listen close the 1 black spoke a word of salutation to the other black in a chummy fashion. #thepowersthatbe

What leo said, you people got a whole movie of that.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

So I just finished MK 11 story mode. It was pretty good actually, I'd say top 3 story modes for a fighting game. (Favorite so far is Soul Caliber since you can create your own character.) But they definitely slipped up on the black characters for certain.

spoilers:

1 Jax and Jacqui were the only two characters to keep taking licks from the canon fodder, while most others ran through them in cool slow motion actions (though they got a smaller portion to display that.)

2 They admit that Jax and Jacqui has no type of magic or special powers, unlike the Cages, so them fighting against shinnock and elder gods are of course a no go without external help.

3 Jacqui and Kotal are the only two characters to get wrecked by villain characters in combat.
    end of spoilers

It goes back to my original discussion about how black characters are always second tier, lesser than their counterparts, and this was just another example of that.

Which is even more odd seeing as Jacqui, play wise, is a beast. Her fighting style is a lot like Zack from Dead or Alive.
    spoilers:
    That could even have been overlooked if Kai (from MK4) was in the game. Or was even mentioned. He's right there with Kung Lao as being a character with mystic "gifts" who Raiden helps out.

BTW, did they ever explain WHY the Cages happen to have magic?
    end of spoilers

Yes. The brotha behind Iron Man is me only everyday of life. I've said it before, I feel Black Men should have our own verbiage for a Bechdel Test.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member

We didn't even get T'challa and M'baku fighting together.

Got Doras together

Got Shuri/Nakia

Why is female fan service ok lol

Lol we all know why "black males together are frightening." and all of that other bogus crap. Hell, they can barely handle seeing is in a romantic relationship, (Like Jax being one of the male human characters in MK 11 not to have flirt intro's) putting them together on screen? Time to call the cops.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Okay, I'm getting MKXI for my Xbox, I'm gonna train for a hundred hours, then I'm gonna flatten a bunch of people online with Jax and yell "Wakanda forever!" every time I win. Because this controversy is that stupid.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    spoilers:
    That could even have been overlooked if Kai (from MK4) was in the game. Or was even mentioned. He's right there with Kung Lao as being a character with mystic "gifts" who Raiden helps out.

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Nope, just white power it seems. Liu Kang, Scorpion and Sub Zero were too cool so of course Johnny Cage had to be given a bonus. Plus Johnny, Sonya, and Cassie all had their own story arc also while Jacqui and Jax had to share one.
    end of spoilers

Lol we all know why "black males together are frightening." and all of that other bogus crap. Hell, they can barely handle seeing is in a romantic relationship, (Like Jax being one of the male human characters in MK 11 not to have flirt intro's) putting them together on screen? Time to call the cops.
    it's too bad Hudlin never got around to making thta Black Avengers book he wanted to do lol

Extraordinary Member

That being said, MK11's story mode is probably the best I've ever seen and I'm more of a Street Fighter fan.

But NetherRealm spent money and effort on just the story mode than Capcom did on SF5 and MvC put together.

Formerly Ballard Blues RoxanneBluePots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Hero power-ups never last. Spider-man, T'challa, Nate Grey, Cable, Gambit, Rogue, etc. They might get a symbiote, or 'the other', or become the king of the dead, or get full access to their powers without dying, but that stuff may as well be the starman icon in Mario bros. Only the villains get to keep the upgrades.
    Villains tend to be extremely popular (or loathed) characters among certain groups, so I'm not surprised that they're staying power or narrative alterations tend to stick longer (even if it ends up damaging what people liked about them in the first place) than a established superhero getting a temporary change of scenery, esp. since a lot of what dictates the heroes staying power is "if it ain't broke, don't mess with it".

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yet folks still used her way more than Monica and even her younger version got a comic book series.

We have seen Jean married, have a kid & be central to storylines and events.

Meanwhile Monica and most of the folks I listed have been buried or screwed over or seen excuses for what they should or should not do.
    Yeah, that's basically the crux of the issue. Regardless of complaints about Jean's god-tier strength, the character has been given chance after chance to be and do things in mainstream storylines where her OPness is irrelevant almost. Monica Rambeau's was denied that opportunity to the point where it's basically a punchline to an inside joke only die-hard comic book readers would know.

spoilers:
    Nope, just white power it seems. Liu Kang, Scorpion and Sub Zero were too cool so of course Johnny Cage had to be given a bonus. Plus Johnny, Sonya, and Cassie all had their own story arc also while Jacqui and Jax had to share one.
    end of spoilers
    I never understood RNS preoccupation with Johnny Cage, or Sonya Blade for that matter. I get people liked Cage because the Paul W.S. Anderson movie basically made him the funny complain-a-lot guy where he was just a white guy with shades that low-blowed you in the earlier video games, but MKX demonstrated a particular obsessiveness for those characters that irked me. Especially since MKX wanted or tried to be a "ensemble story" (and failed).

The fact that they're basically the de-facto protagonists of the current MK era bothers me to no end, because the bias toward them highlights how poorly their non-white characters are treated in the narrative. I can't take anyone who says "Jacqui's role is better than it was in MKX" serious.
    Last edited by RoxanneBluePots; 04-25-2019 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Johnny's bio from MK9 establishes that he is descended from a tribe of warriors that were bred by the gods to defend Earthrealm in Mortal Kombat.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Ever since MK9, I've wondering what angle they could go with Kai if he were to return. He isn't vocally hated like a lot of post-MK3 characters and is pretty much a blank slate. Maybe have him return as Kung Jin's boyfriend or something and have him be the Next Gen Liu Kang in terms of powers.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-25-2019 at 10:16 PM.