Page 236 of 291 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 4358
  1. #3526
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,765

    Default

    This was a few pages back but it regards black people in MK with super powers.

    On the villain side you got Geras and on the heroic side you have Jade. Though the latter kind of falls into ambiguously brown territory.

  2. #3527
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,765

    Default



    You guys will not believe the song they used for this trailer.

  3. #3528
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    5,862

    Default

    RIP John Singleton.

    I'm old enough to remember Boyz in da hood's reception, the man was a true inspiration for young colored people.

    His death also highlights a big problem in the black community, hypertension (and other issues like heart disease and diabetes which black people are extremely vulnerable to). We really, really need to take care of ourselves.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

  4. #3529
    Astonishing Member Overhazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post


    You guys will not believe the song they used for this trailer.
    This movie looks awful, and not in a "So bad it's good" sort of way. Jim Carrey looks more like Dr. Eggwhite than Eggman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    RIP John Singleton.

    I'm old enough to remember Boyz in da hood's reception, the man was a true inspiration for young colored people.

    His death also highlights a big problem in the black community, hypertension (and other issues like heart disease and diabetes which black people are extremely vulnerable to). We really, really need to take care of ourselves.
    I feel a lot better since laying off red meat, less bogged down, less bloated. I do love the occasional roast beef sandwich though.

  5. #3530
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    His death also highlights a big problem in the black community, hypertension (and other issues like heart disease and diabetes which black people are extremely vulnerable to). We really, really need to take care of ourselves.
    All about that exercise

    Not being poor helps too.... lol
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  6. #3531
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Endgame...

    spoilers:


    Cap is black

    Only iron man left is black

    queen of asgard is black female bisexual (maybe)

    smartest person in the MCU is black female

    leader of ultimates or new avengers or whatever is likely to be female (cm) or black (bp)

    kinda weird lol
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I kind of expect them to punt on all of this. Oh, we will get teasers for FalCap &Winter Soldier and the A-Squad but I don't believe they are ever gonna put them in a stand alone movie.

    I loved Endgame but knowing that nearly all of Phase 4 is gonna be either stuff like GOTG 3 or BP 2 or prequels like Black Widow kinda bugs me.
    end of spoilers

  7. #3532
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    spoilers:
    I kind of expect them to punt on all of this. Oh, we will get teasers for FalCap &Winter Soldier and the A-Squad but I don't believe they are ever gonna put them in a stand alone movie.

    I loved Endgame but knowing that nearly all of Phase 4 is gonna be either stuff like GOTG 3 or BP 2 or prequels like Black Widow kinda bugs me.
    end of spoilers
    What bugs you in particular? It seems a lot like before... sequels mixed in with new stuff

    BP 2
    DS 2
    CM 2
    GoG 3
    SM 3 (im assuming)

    Eternals
    Black Widow
    Shang Chi

    Plus I believe there have been rumors about stuff like Black Knight, Thunderbolts, Captain Britain, Thor 4, Antman3, ect

    Then of course Fox Properties eventually (might be phase 5). They are going to do another team up movie eventually ($$$)
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  8. #3533
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    12,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    This movie looks awful, and not in a "So bad it's good" sort of way. Jim Carrey looks more like Dr. Eggwhite than Eggman.
    .
    The film is calling Carrey's character "Dr. Ivo Robotnik". Which makes sense since they are playing up his robotics deal in trailer.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  9. #3534
    Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,492

    Default

    Jussie Smollet is not returning to empire

  10. #3535
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    14,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Jussie Smollet is not returning to empire
    Good, he deserves worse.

  11. #3536
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I feel a lot better since laying off red meat, less bogged down, less bloated. I do love the occasional roast beef sandwich though.
    I still do some red meat but I go more chicken now. I can not eat sea food for health reasons. Cut sodas to once in a while.

    I have my 34 year old exercise bike.

    I am trying to get back down to 175 (I am in the 190 range and HATE it).

    A lot of food I stopped eating was due to PRICE. I refuse to pay $1.25 for a candy bar that I grew remembering they were 50 cents.

  12. #3537
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

    A lot of food I stopped eating was due to PRICE. I refuse to pay $1.25 for a candy bar that I grew remembering they were 50 cents.
    candy, fast food, "mid tier" chain restaurants... so expensive now
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  13. #3538
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    5,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    All about that exercise

    Not being poor helps too.... lol
    Exactly..

    Been lifting those weights but time is such as a scarce commodity.

    Although, I've almost completely cut out processed sugar from my diet and reduced my carbs intake.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

  14. #3539
    Astonishing Member Overhazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly..

    Been lifting those weights but time is such as a scarce commodity.

    Although, I've almost completely cut out processed sugar from my diet and reduced my carbs intake.
    There's a Y near my apartment, but it's $60 a month, so I bought a couple of books, some resistance bands and I just do yoga and calisthenics at home. I'm regaining the strength and flexibility I used to have, I can walk on my hands and feet again. My brother and his fiance go to the gym all the time.

  15. #3540
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly..

    Been lifting those weights but time is such as a scarce commodity.
    It is my number 1 priority outside of work (well school back in the day) and kids.

    The amoutn of functions i've skipped to lift is... high.

    Been with my wife for so long nad this has always been the rule that it's never been an issue.

    I have a garage gym now which is great
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •