Page 239 of 828 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339739 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 12406
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Has anyone seen the new FFH trailer yet? Im not sure this is true but spoilers:
    Mysterio is supposedly from another earth, the snap ripped open a hole in the multiverse, which is the easiest way to bring in the X-men and FF without having to grandfather them in via retcon
    end of spoilers

The problem is that this is Mysterio, so it may or may not be true, Bendis did something like this in the first Spider-Men crossover, didn't make sense then but we all know how he is with continuity.

Fury is backing it up as well in the trailer.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

That will be interesting to see.

While it feels like it's going to be tough to find a "Out" there, Marvel would be the one outfit I would guess could find one.

I came across this the other day, it is coming out tomorrow.

Also here is good article on Excellence

This one my favorite parts of the interview I have always found wands to be a little cheesy but how they explain it made me go that makes sense
    Nrama: One really stuck out to me and wondered why is the wand so important to the magic user?

Thomas: Playing into the previous answer, it’s another subtle system of control. Who gets to actually create wands is a huge thing, and characters like Spencer, who is a natural magic user that can cast with or without a wand, is actively discouraged from doing so. The wands keep a detailed log of every spell used for “training purposes,” and they’re treated like firearms, in a sense that every bullet/spell fired has to be accounted for and explained away.

Regulating and monitoring the number of wands in circulation helps to curtail and discourage major dissent, and like I teased above, the extensive web of rules surrounding the Aegis should give you a sense of some things we’ll be diving into immediately.

Heard about this for a while now, but I'm glad to hear that the movie "Yasuke" will be coming out. It will tell about an African who was brought to Japan as a slave by missionaries during the 16th century and eventually became the first non-Asian to become a samurai (under Oda Nobunaga no less!)

From bleedingcool.com https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...biopic-yasuke/:

Yasuke was the first non-Asian to become a samurai. Originally from Portuguese Mozambique, he was brought to Japan as a slave to Jesuit missionaries. As the first black man to enter Japan, he roused the interest of Japanese warlord Oda Nobunaga during the 16th century. Trying to unite the country under his banner, the ruthless Nobunaga and Yasuke forged a friendship based on respect and honor. Their bond eventually grants Yasuke the title of samurai.

“The legend of Yasuke is one of history’s best kept secrets, the only person of non-Asian origin to become a Samurai. That’s not just an action movie, that’s a cultural event, an exchange, and I am excited to be part of it,” Boseman told Deadline.

Doug Miro is writing the script and will be executive producer alongside Carlo Bernard and Eric Newman. Miro and Bernard created the Netflix series Narcos with current showrunner Newman. Erik Feig’s Picturestart, Mike De Luca’s De Luca Proudctions, Stephen L’Heureux’s Solipsist, Logan Coles’ X●ception Content will be producing Yasuke along with Boseman.

Boseman is no stranger to biopics in his roles as Jackie Robinson in 42, James Brown in Get On Up, and Thurgood Marshall in Marshall. His next film is STX’s 21 Bridges, a crime thriller that reunites him with Avengers: Endgame directors, The Russo Brothers.
    Glad to see this part of history gets to be told! Hoping for some great martial arts action and a great performance from Boseman!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I came across this the other day, it is coming out tomorrow.

Also here is good article on Excellence

This one my favorite parts of the interview I have always found wands to be a little cheesy but how they explain it made me go that makes sense
    Wow, that was awesome (and an idea I was planning on using regarding a trailer for a comic book) I'll definitely be picking this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Heard about this for a while now, but I'm glad to hear that the movie "Yasuke" will be coming out. It will tell about an African who was brought to Japan as a slave by missionaries during the 16th century and eventually became the first non-Asian to become a samurai (under Oda Nobunaga no less!)

From bleedingcool.com https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...biopic-yasuke/:

Glad to see this part of history gets to be told! Hoping for some great martial arts action and a great performance from Boseman!
    I just breezed past a YouTube video about Yasuke the other day. I'm definitely going to watch that video and research more about him.

I'll definitely be seeing the movie, as well.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    so looks like Chadwick Boseman is playing him.

I'm either psychic or studio heads actually follow this thread
    The J-man

Jamie Chung will voice Death in the DC Showcase short Death.

https://www.newsarama.com/45078-new-...eath-more.html

Jeffrey Veregge and Taboo of the Black Eyed Peas will be working on a Marvel project.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...ic-for-august/

Regina King from 'We Are Rorschach;... err ahh rather, HBO Watchmen.

Attachment 82149
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I hope Coates doesn't kill off Thunderball he's doing work with him that should have been done years ago. I either want to see him as a member of The Thunderbolts or make him a complex villain in something like Daredevil.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I hope Coates doesn't kill off Thunderball he's doing work with him that should have been done years ago. I either want to see him as a member of The Thunderbolts or make him a complex villain in something like Daredevil.
    Pretty sure Bendis had him riight back in the Wrecking Crew?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Agreed. Dr. Eliot Franklin has to be one of the most underrated characters in the Marvel Universe. The guy is a Ph.D and is supposed to be on the same level as Bruce Banner. Rather, as Coates referenced before in Black Panther, Dr. Franklin has just been labeled as the "black Bruce Banner," which indicates that he's a lesser shadow of Bruce.

Now, there have been moments in the Marvel Universe when writers haven't forgotten that Thunderball is Dr. Franklin. There were storylines when he fought for control of the Wrecking Crew from Wrecker and should have been the leader. There were other times when writers depicted him as being the most brilliant and eloquently spoken of the group. And then there were times when writers forgot all about that and just depicted him as an uneducated thug. :/

So, I'm glad that Coates is giving attention to Dr. Franklin. Crossing my fingers to see Dr. Franklin realize that potential.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Agreed. Dr. Eliot Franklin has to be one of the most underrated characters in the Marvel Universe. The guy is a Ph.D and is supposed to be on the same level as Bruce Banner. Rather, as Coates referenced before in Black Panther, Dr. Franklin has just been labeled as the "black Bruce Banner," which indicates that he's a lesser shadow of Bruce.

Now, there have been moments in the Marvel Universe when writers haven't forgotten that Thunderball is Dr. Franklin. There were storylines when he fought for control of the Wrecking Crew from Wrecker and should have been the leader. There were other times when writers depicted him as being the most brilliant and eloquently spoken of the group. And then there were times when writers forgot all about that and just depicted him as an uneducated thug. :/

So, I'm glad that Coates is giving attention to Dr. Franklin. Crossing my fingers to see Dr. Franklin realize that potential.
    Coates ignores everyone elses books, wouldn't be surprised with the "favor" is returned lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

They could also sort of lean into his Wrecking Crew identity and maybe have him run Damage, INC.

The more I think about it the more I'm liking the idea of him being a Thunderbolt.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum