Page 242 of 827 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342742 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 12395
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ohnooze View Post
    Anyone heard if DC is still making a Cyborg movie?
    As of this moment WB isn’t moving forward with the film but it’s unfortunate because Batman and Flash films are still in the development which means Cyborg, coincidentally the only black JL member, is not getting a solo film nor is he appearing in any other films.

When it is revealed that fertility doctor Leon Bechley (Timothy Hutton) had used his own sperm to conceive at least 100 children throughout his career, Julia Bechley (Brittany Snow) unites with two of her half siblings—including past friend Edie Palmer (Megalyn Echikunwoke), and retired Olympic athlete Roxy Doyle (Emily Osment)—as they deal with issues that have been affecting their lives.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_Just_Me

A Static fan film by David Kirkman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohnooze View Post
    Anyone heard if DC is still making a Cyborg movie?
    Supposedly cancelled, along with Leto's Joker film, that Haley/Joker film, Deathstroke, Deadshot and all those other rumored projects without a writer/director. Basically Cyborg is in the same position Superman is, no solo movie, in limbo.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I'm starting to wonder if there's some kind of racial subtext behind the ongoing reaction to last week's Game of Thrones. When Dany the dragon girl was burning all those desert cities full of brown people, and winning savages over to her side, twitter was tripping over itself with "MY KHALEESI." When she turned those same tactics on King's Landing (which everyone saw coming a mile away ESPECIALLY after they necked her best girlfriend), now we're getting all these think pieces on the Mary Sue and the Av Club and whatever about how the show's "lost it's way." And like the only literal difference is that she's roasting white flesh instead of brown. wtf?
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if there's some kind of racial subtext behind the ongoing reaction to last week's Game of Thrones. When Dany the dragon girl was burning all those desert cities full of brown people, and winning savages over to her side, twitter was tripping over itself with "MY KHALEESI." When she turned those same tactics on King's Landing (which everyone saw coming a mile away ESPECIALLY after they necked her best girlfriend), now we're getting all these think pieces on the Mary Sue and the Av Club and whatever about how the show's "lost it's way." And like the only literal difference is that she's roasting white flesh instead of brown. wtf?
    Are you being serious right now or trolling?

The desert city brown people were slave owners, not kids and women.

"people" are pissed because they grew to love a character they watched for 10? year turn into a maniac in the course of an hour. They refuse to accept what GRRM was gonna do because they liked her and became attached and ignored the foreshadowing. And instead of a liberator, they got a mad queen with a WMD
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

So rumor has it there is another version of Avengers Endgame-that has all the POC & women EDITED out of the film.

So someone not only illegal filmed the movie in theaters but then edited it to pander to a crybaby demo graphic.

With an emphasis on "Black Panther was not that important to be "seen" FIRST."

Yet you got folks who were in theaters when he popped up and folks lost their MINDS.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

"people" are pissed because they grew to love a character they watched for 10? year turn into a maniac in the course of an hour. They refuse to accept what GRRM was gonna do because they liked her and became attached and ignored the foreshadowing. And instead of a liberator, they got a mad queen with a WMD
    I don't watch GOT but I've been seeing a lot of people saying this last season has been written poorly and is rushing through to the end. I've also been seeing people pointing out that foreshadowing is not the same as character development. There's a big difference between knowing that a character is going to go from point A to point B and actually seeing why the character gets from point A to point B, which has apparently been a problem with this character.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So rumor has it there is another version of Avengers Endgame-that has all the POC & women EDITED out of the film.
    Considering that a similar thing happened with The Last Jedi I'm not surprised.

I loved that her burning DaFuq outta Kings Landing lol
    if she had listened to the sand assassin chicks she woulda had the throne, her 3 dragons + Missandei would still be alive Tyrion and Varys don't know sh!t

That's what folk are so mad about? I don't watch Game of Thrones, I could never get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    That's what folk are so mad about? I don't watch Game of Thrones, I could never get into it.
    No, they are not. Not sure where he is pulling that from.

People are mad they invested 10 years wiht GoT in contender status for "best tv show ever" and the last season, the quality has dipped significantly to the point people are comparing it to the ending of Lost or Dexter now
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

No, they are not. Not sure where he is pulling that from.

People are mad they invested 10 years wiht GoT in contender status for "best tv show ever" and the last season, the quality has dipped significantly to the point people are comparing it to the ending of Lost or Dexter now
    It's better than both of those by a wide margin. People may not agree with the route the show has taken, but it's consistent with the groundwork previously laid. The biggest problem is that by rushing to complete the series in two EXTREMELY condensed season the show lacks nuance that some people want to see leading up to those conclusions.

But like I said other than two major issues; namely regarding Cersei's prophecy as a child and her ultimate conclusion, and Euron Greyjoy's completely pointless story arc, the story is pretty much playing out in a way that follows what has been set up.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

"people" are pissed because they grew to love a character they watched for 10? year turn into a maniac in the course of an hour. They refuse to accept what GRRM was gonna do because they liked her and became attached and ignored the foreshadowing. And instead of a liberator, they got a mad queen with a WMD.
    THIS.

"Saved me? Three of those riders had already raped me before you saved me, girl. I saw my god's house burn, there where I had healed men and women beyond counting. In the streets I saw piles of heads... the head of the baker who makes my bread, the head a young boy that I had cured of fever just three moons past. So... tell me again exactly what it was that you saved?"
    ―Mirri Maz Duur to Daenerys Targaryen[src] Season 1.

The signs were all there from season 1.

Peeps just chose to ignore it, since she and her armies usually killing people worse that she is.

Not to mention people REALLY choosing to just ignore GRRM's meta narrative of anybody who wants power shouldn't have it.

Accepting that would mean accepting that Jon Snow is more deserving of the Iron Throne than Dany.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 05-16-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Ultimate Member

The Game of Thrones thing is that it's being rushed to an ending.

Plus, there's been several creative decisions in the past that have effectively narrowed the narrative that there's literally no ending that's going to please everyone.