Page 243 of 824 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343743 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 12353
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So rumor has it there is another version of Avengers Endgame-that has all the POC & women EDITED out of the film.

So someone not only illegal filmed the movie in theaters but then edited it to pander to a crybaby demo graphic.

With an emphasis on "Black Panther was not that important to be "seen" FIRST."

Yet you got folks who were in theaters when he popped up and folks lost their MINDS.
    There's a real serious "bigotry" problem in fandom. I don't whether it's been there all along but it's really manifesting itself a lot nowadays.

Most gaming sites (even previously progressive sites like IGN) have been overtaken by bigots.

That being said, US states are basically carpet bombing abortion rights so nothing should be surprising anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    There's a real serious "bigotry" problem in fandom. I don't whether it's been there all along but it's really manifesting itself a lot nowadays.

Most gaming sites (even previously progressive sites like IGN) have been overtaken by bigots.

That being said, US states are basically carpet bombing abortion rights so nothing should be surprising anymore.

IGN has never been progressive, they've always been over taken by bigots, it's why I stopped going to their website. Even worse, you can tell some of the workers there use to be the same.

Their comic book section use to post articles with the same bigoted viewpoints you would see on the forums.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    IGN has never been progressive, they've always been over taken by bigots, it's why I stopped going to their website. Even worse, you can tell some of the workers there use to be the same.

Their comic book section use to post articles with the same bigoted viewpoints you would see on the forums.
    Uhh....IGN is my go to site and they lean pretty damn far to the left. I have no idea what you guys are talking about because I get sick of it to be honest.

Did I miss something?

BANNED

Could you elaborate a bit please? I really want to know what you're talking about because I see just the opposite. But I want to understand where you're coming from. At the moment you're just making a blanket statement really and not giving examples.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ohnooze View Post
    Uhh....IGN is my go to site and they lean pretty damn far to the left. I have no idea what you guys are talking about because I get sick of it to be honest.

Did I miss something?

The IGN staff has made adjustments but in the past, it was far from a left leaning site. Especially in their comic book section, you would see the anti-diversity topics and criticisms in their reviews that you would see on the forum.
    Now, their articles are a bit better, but they still have that same fandom trolling up the comment section. Hell, ign was one of the few sites that comment section trashed up into the spiderverse just because Miles was the main
    character, which later led to award winning movie beating out The Incredibles. Their comment section is no better than youtube now, really.

Chris Rock will executive produce a reboot of the Saw movie franchise.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/chris-rock-i...and-1834797581

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Chris Rock will executive produce a reboot of the Saw movie franchise.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/chris-rock-i...and-1834797581
    That's interesting.

Maybe he's doing a Jordan Peele and moving into horror.

That's interesting.

Maybe he's doing a Jordan Peele and moving into horror.
    Yeah that's pretty much everyone's reaction as well.

A new Mortal Kombat movie will be filming this year with James Wan as producer.

http://collider.com/mortal-kombat-mo...lming-details/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    The IGN staff has made adjustments but in the past, it was far from a left leaning site. Especially in their comic book section, you would see the anti-diversity topics and criticisms in their reviews that you would see on the forum.
    Now, their articles are a bit better, but they still have that same fandom trolling up the comment section. Hell, ign was one of the few sites that comment section trashed up into the spiderverse just because Miles was the main
    character, which later led to award winning movie beating out The Incredibles. Their comment section is no better than youtube now, really.
    It's the same on Gamefaqs -- "SJW" and "anti-diversity" topics and posts all of the time, and repeated attacks on Brie Larson after she made her comments.

Promoted a boycott of Captain Marvel and defended posting fake reviews on Rotten Tomatoes before the premiere then tried to pretend it never happened after it made more than a billion at the box office.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 05-17-2019 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    THIS.

―Mirri Maz Duur to Daenerys Targaryen[src] Season 1.

The signs were all there from season 1.

Peeps just chose to ignore it, since she and her armies usually killing people worse that she is.

Not to mention people REALLY choosing to just ignore GRRM's meta narrative of anybody who wants power shouldn't have it.

Accepting that would mean accepting that Jon Snow is more deserving of the Iron Throne than Dany.
    I think the problem with it is that this show has just been so crappy to women (particularly women who victims of sexual assault) that having Dany go Caligula still has some troubling implications even if that was foreshadowed.

I think this article explains it best.

https://dangerouscharacters.substack...ame-of-thrones

Extraordinary Member

Yeah you cans see the bigotry in gaming with the outrage over Jax ending in MK11 and I don't even play that game. Plus the selective outrage towards certain companies. Activision is the worst with microtransactions but virtually no outrage from gamers. Guess they're not diverse enough to get mad at.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 05-18-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah you cans see the bigotry in gaming with the outrage over Jax ending in MK11 and I don't even play that game. Plus the selective outrage towards certain companies. Activision is the worst with microtransactions but virtually no outrage from gamers. Guess they're not diverse enough to get mad at.
    You know what is funny Kwanza Osajyefo got death threats and harassment for not doing this storyline in his Black book. Probably by the same folks who are now throwing fits over Jax's ending.

MK11 pretty much explains how hard that is to do and Jax has the power to do so.

They love to cherry pick that rage.

DC has done a ton of character assassinations to the Titan franchise and delayed books by MONTHS-you get SILENCE from store owners, fans and "gators".

Marvel does ANYTHING and it's World War 3.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    How many more folks have DRESS UP as black heroes of DC before DC's comic side figures it out?

Folks don't do that for characters that they don't care for.

And she went with the old Teen Titans series version at that.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And she went with the old Teen Titans series version at that.
    Probably the easiest of her costumes to do aside from, I guess, the original DCSHG one.