Page 243 of 260 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 3887
    Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    No, they are not. Not sure where he is pulling that from.

People are mad they invested 10 years wiht GoT in contender status for "best tv show ever" and the last season, the quality has dipped significantly to the point people are comparing it to the ending of Lost or Dexter now
    It's better than both of those by a wide margin. People may not agree with the route the show has taken, but it's consistent with the groundwork previously laid. The biggest problem is that by rushing to complete the series in two EXTREMELY condensed season the show lacks nuance that some people want to see leading up to those conclusions.

But like I said other than two major issues; namely regarding Cersei's prophecy as a child and her ultimate conclusion, and Euron Greyjoy's completely pointless story arc, the story is pretty much playing out in a way that follows what has been set up.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Avengers, Invaders, Conan the Barbarian, Savage Sword of Conan, Savage Avengers, and tentatively Powers of X/House of X.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Doomsday Clock, Heroes In Crisis

Xbox Live Gamertag:

K0SL0X

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The desert city brown people were slave owners, not kids and women.

"people" are pissed because they grew to love a character they watched for 10? year turn into a maniac in the course of an hour. They refuse to accept what GRRM was gonna do because they liked her and became attached and ignored the foreshadowing. And instead of a liberator, they got a mad queen with a WMD.
    THIS.

"Saved me? Three of those riders had already raped me before you saved me, girl. I saw my god's house burn, there where I had healed men and women beyond counting. In the streets I saw piles of heads... the head of the baker who makes my bread, the head a young boy that I had cured of fever just three moons past. So... tell me again exactly what it was that you saved?"
    ―Mirri Maz Duur to Daenerys Targaryen[src] Season 1.

The signs were all there from season 1.

Peeps just chose to ignore it, since she and her armies usually killing people worse that she is.

Not to mention people REALLY choosing to just ignore GRRM's meta narrative of anybody who wants power shouldn't have it.

Accepting that would mean accepting that Jon Snow is more deserving of the Iron Throne than Dany.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 05-16-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The Game of Thrones thing is that it's being rushed to an ending.

Plus, there's been several creative decisions in the past that have effectively narrowed the narrative that there's literally no ending that's going to please everyone.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So rumor has it there is another version of Avengers Endgame-that has all the POC & women EDITED out of the film.

So someone not only illegal filmed the movie in theaters but then edited it to pander to a crybaby demo graphic.

With an emphasis on "Black Panther was not that important to be "seen" FIRST."

Yet you got folks who were in theaters when he popped up and folks lost their MINDS.
    There's a real serious "bigotry" problem in fandom. I don't whether it's been there all along but it's really manifesting itself a lot nowadays.

Most gaming sites (even previously progressive sites like IGN) have been overtaken by bigots.

That being said, US states are basically carpet bombing abortion rights so nothing should be surprising anymore.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    There's a real serious "bigotry" problem in fandom. I don't whether it's been there all along but it's really manifesting itself a lot nowadays.

Most gaming sites (even previously progressive sites like IGN) have been overtaken by bigots.

That being said, US states are basically carpet bombing abortion rights so nothing should be surprising anymore.

IGN has never been progressive, they've always been over taken by bigots, it's why I stopped going to their website. Even worse, you can tell some of the workers there use to be the same.

Their comic book section use to post articles with the same bigoted viewpoints you would see on the forums.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    IGN has never been progressive, they've always been over taken by bigots, it's why I stopped going to their website. Even worse, you can tell some of the workers there use to be the same.

Their comic book section use to post articles with the same bigoted viewpoints you would see on the forums.
    Uhh....IGN is my go to site and they lean pretty damn far to the left. I have no idea what you guys are talking about because I get sick of it to be honest.

Did I miss something?

BANNED

Could you elaborate a bit please? I really want to know what you're talking about because I see just the opposite. But I want to understand where you're coming from. At the moment you're just making a blanket statement really and not giving examples.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ohnooze View Post
    Uhh....IGN is my go to site and they lean pretty damn far to the left. I have no idea what you guys are talking about because I get sick of it to be honest.

Did I miss something?

The IGN staff has made adjustments but in the past, it was far from a left leaning site. Especially in their comic book section, you would see the anti-diversity topics and criticisms in their reviews that you would see on the forum.
    Now, their articles are a bit better, but they still have that same fandom trolling up the comment section. Hell, ign was one of the few sites that comment section trashed up into the spiderverse just because Miles was the main
    character, which later led to award winning movie beating out The Incredibles. Their comment section is no better than youtube now, really.

Chris Rock will executive produce a reboot of the Saw movie franchise.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/chris-rock-i...and-1834797581

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Chris Rock will executive produce a reboot of the Saw movie franchise.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/chris-rock-i...and-1834797581
    That's interesting.

Maybe he's doing a Jordan Peele and moving into horror.

That's interesting.

Maybe he's doing a Jordan Peele and moving into horror.
    Yeah that's pretty much everyone's reaction as well.

A new Mortal Kombat movie will be filming this year with James Wan as producer.

http://collider.com/mortal-kombat-mo...lming-details/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    The IGN staff has made adjustments but in the past, it was far from a left leaning site. Especially in their comic book section, you would see the anti-diversity topics and criticisms in their reviews that you would see on the forum.
    Now, their articles are a bit better, but they still have that same fandom trolling up the comment section. Hell, ign was one of the few sites that comment section trashed up into the spiderverse just because Miles was the main
    character, which later led to award winning movie beating out The Incredibles. Their comment section is no better than youtube now, really.
    It's the same on Gamefaqs -- "SJW" and "anti-diversity" topics and posts all of the time, and repeated attacks on Brie Larson after she made her comments.

Promoted a boycott of Captain Marvel and defended posting fake reviews on Rotten Tomatoes before the premiere then tried to pretend it never happened after it made more than a billion at the box office.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 05-17-2019 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    THIS.

―Mirri Maz Duur to Daenerys Targaryen[src] Season 1.

The signs were all there from season 1.

Peeps just chose to ignore it, since she and her armies usually killing people worse that she is.

Not to mention people REALLY choosing to just ignore GRRM's meta narrative of anybody who wants power shouldn't have it.

Accepting that would mean accepting that Jon Snow is more deserving of the Iron Throne than Dany.
    I think the problem with it is that this show has just been so crappy to women (particularly women who victims of sexual assault) that having Dany go Caligula still has some troubling implications even if that was foreshadowed.

I think this article explains it best.

https://dangerouscharacters.substack...ame-of-thrones

Astonishing Member

Yeah you cans see the bigotry in gaming with the outrage over Jax ending in MK11 and I don't even play that game. Plus the selective outrage towards certain companies. Activision is the worst with microtransactions but virtually no outrage from gamers. Guess they're not diverse enough to get mad at.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 05-18-2019 at 07:05 PM.