Page 247 of 293 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 4393
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Attachment 82849

Now that I'm catching up I'm really diggin' The Chi on Showtime. Some bad sistas on this show, specially that young boys mama with the girlfriend. Dont know how this is gonna work out seeing as the star of the show Jason Mitchell was I guess getting real loose with the females on the show to the point his managing agency dumped him. Damn shame. So anywho guess who turns up as a kingpin on the show? My GUY, Carl Lumbly (the end of this scene was priceless)! M.A.N.T.I.S. himself, been a while since the greatest black TV superhero ever got brought up round these parts. Yes, it's a short list.
    Before the golden age of Jimmy BROlson's Guardian and David Harewood's Martian Manhunter on Supergirl and a Vixen app. On Legends and Wally on The Flash. Back in the first superhero wave pre-CW btw i.e. Spawn, Steel, Meteor Man days we got M.A.N.T.I.S. on FOX. Full disclosure I've seen a single episode and was barely watching it and don't remember shit but I will catch up someday but nuff respect nevertheless to C.L. ✊
    Check out the MANTIS Pilot if you can. The character is more like the Shadow, a dude in a regular suit with the mask then the full on Super Suit of the series.

Also in the pilot Lumby is the sole inventor of the super suit and even has some African Exchange Students as his tech crew. Also Gina Torres was the love interest.

In the series, every POC but Lumby was removed and now the suit was the shared design of Lumby's character and a White British Character added for the series.

I think I still have the pilot on VHS somewhere...lord knows where I put it...

Michael Beach has joined James Wan's Swamp Thing.

https://www.newsarama.com/45355-aqua...amp-thing.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Check out the MANTIS Pilot if you can. The character is more like the Shadow, a dude in a regular suit with the mask then the full on Super Suit of the series.

Also in the pilot Lumby is the sole inventor of the super suit and even has some African Exchange Students as his tech crew. Also Gina Torres was the love interest.

In the series, every POC but Lumby was removed and now the suit was the shared design of Lumby's character and a White British Character added for the series.

I think I still have the pilot on VHS somewhere...lord knows where I put it...
    The series is on DVD now. I still haven't opened my copy yet.

R. Kelly has been charged with 11 new counts of sexual assault

https://news.avclub.com/r-kelly-has-...ual-1835134407

Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar

Heroes in Crisis: Wally West Doesn't Deserve Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cohen
    The loved ones of those slain in the attack will still have to deal with Wally West being alive, being redeemed and maybe one day running around with his friends in the Justice League. Does the Flash really deserve to continue on as a hero just because he can run really fast? How would you feel if you had to watch the killer of someone you loved continue to find success in the spotlight, or find their missing family? Would that be fair?
    Well shit, Jason. That's a very good question that no one has thought about before. I wonder if anyone has ever dealt with this exact type of thing, routinely, in real life?

Like say people whose history is constantly mined to write X-Men stories while excluding them.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Invaders, Powers of X, House of X, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Legion of Super-Heroes: Millenium/Ongoing.

Xbox Live Gamertag:

K0SL0X

So a bit of a follow-up to my last post. I was talking to a woman we exchanged numbers and were set to meet. That's not going to happen now and I've deciced to stay single for a little while longer.

Screenshot_2019-05-31-21-35-25-1.jpg
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    So a bit of a follow-up to my last post. I was talking to a woman we exchanged numbers and were set to meet. That's not going to happen now and I've deciced to stay single for a little while longer.

Dang why didn't yall link?

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Dang why didn't yall link?
    The usual. Both our jobs keep us busy and she has to balance being a mother. Also she wanted to hang out and snort coke while I'm a drinking man.

The usual. Both our jobs keep us busy
    Whaaat? can't say I've ever run into this problem tbh
    and she has to balance being a mother.
    never heard this excuse either...you sure you're just not trying to find faults?

Also she wanted to hang out and snort coke....
    Ahhhh okay now I get it. Blow is cool but trying to go on a date with a Coke head is almost impossible.
    1.They take FOREVER getting ready
    2. Nose always runny
    3.Their car usually isn't
    4.They AINT gonna eat sh!t Soo dinner is out.
    5.Def won't sit still long enough for a movie
    6.Nose always runny
    7.Mostly just gonna talk about themselves
    8.Spend most of the time in the bathroom
    lol
    but Forreals tho sounds like you dodged a bullet
    but how did you know she was into powder?

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Whaaat? can't say I've ever run into this problem tbh
    never heard this excuse either...you sure you're just not trying to find faults?

Ahhhh okay now I get it. Blow is cool but trying to go on a date with a Coke head is almost impossible.
    1.They take FOREVER getting ready
    2. Nose always runny
    3.Their car usually isn't
    4.They AINT gonna eat sh!t Soo dinner is out.
    5.Def won't sit still long enough for a movie
    6.Nose always runny
    7.Mostly just gonna talk about themselves
    8.Spend most of the time in the bathroom
    lol
    but Forreals tho sounds like you dodged a bullet
    but how did you know she was into powder?
    She just came out and admitted it like it was nothing. I do appreciate her being candid though.

She just came out and admitted it like it was nothing. I do appreciate her being candid though.
    Yeah true...they are a talkative bunch

Extraordinary Member

A little solitude never hurt an emotionally well-adjusted person.

Oh dang I totally missed her last reply...
    e31.jpg

Joshua Luna, a Filipino-American comic writer, talks about his book AMERICANIZASIAN being stone walled by Image for what appear to be discriminatory reasons.

https://twitter.com/Joshua_Luna/stat...22555744866304

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It took 40+ years folks but we finally saw a Rocky situation play out in boxing last night. Andy Ruiz was a 25-1 underdog , was a late substitute , didn't have the physical body as someone joked he was kinda flabby ...well he beat Anthony Johnson.

I kinda wish Ruiz if he had a wife and girlfriend would have grabbed the mic and yelled....'I...DIIIIID IIIITT !!"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.