Page 252 of 305 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 4572
  1. #3766
    Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The entire point of the X-Men is to give privileged white kids a vessel through which they can see themselves as the oppressed outcasts that nobody understands. Making them minorities would kind of defeat the purpose of that, plus people don't necessary need a fictional outlet to experience prejudice when they have enough of that in their actual lives, better to read some stories that show them doing something positive and succeeding instead.
    Yeah, we know. We've commented on it a million times. This is a thought exercise.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Invaders, Powers of X, House of X, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Legion of Super-Heroes: Millenium/Ongoing.

    Xbox Live Gamertag:

    K0SL0X

  2. #3767
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,675

    Default

    I don't play video games hardcore... (im still finishing HZD lol). I do everything like 2 years late it seems

    But umm... did that Avengers trailer look kinda... shitty as hell?

    It looks like it needed to come out in 2015 lol
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  3. #3768
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    That is kinda brilliant, I was working on short story that is my take on the X-men. And my Wolverine like long living character who was originally "Yasuke" who was slave then went on show up in different eras. The experiment thing fits and you have a real life event like Tuskegee Syphilis incident to tie into it.
    Change Sabertooth to the slave owning dude from Alabama and shit gets reaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly interesting
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  4. #3769
    Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't play video games hardcore... (im still finishing HZD lol). I do everything like 2 years late it seems

    But umm... did that Avengers trailer look kinda... shitty as hell?

    It looks like it needed to come out in 2015 lol
    I didn't really get a sense of how the game plays. It seemed linear to the point that it almost looked like temple run with explosions.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Invaders, Powers of X, House of X, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Legion of Super-Heroes: Millenium/Ongoing.

    Xbox Live Gamertag:

    K0SL0X

  5. #3770
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I didn't really get a sense of how the game plays. It seemed linear to the point that it almost looked like temple run with explosions.
    It looked incredibly old school

    And the avengers looked... incredibly boring and generic. They changed just enough to make them look weird. Not comic booky enough or not movie enough. In a terrible boring middle ground.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  6. #3771
    Astonishing Member Overhazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't play video games hardcore... (im still finishing HZD lol). I do everything like 2 years late it seems

    But umm... did that Avengers trailer look kinda... shitty as hell?

    It looks like it needed to come out in 2015 lol
    It didn't look very good, but neither disney nor marvel throw a lot of money into games, Kingdom Hearts being the exception, and even then I bet square does the heavy lifting.

  7. #3772
    Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,317

    Default

    I think the problem with Avengers as a game is that the scope of each characters ability isn't really compatible.

    You'd need a lot of vastly different game mechanics to have the game feel "right".

    I think that's why ARPG like Ultimate Alliance or fighting games like Injustice work better. You can capture the scope of their powers while limiting the game to style of gameplay.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Invaders, Powers of X, House of X, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Legion of Super-Heroes: Millenium/Ongoing.

    Xbox Live Gamertag:

    K0SL0X

  8. #3773
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I think the problem with Avengers as a game is that the scope of each characters ability isn't really compatible.

    You'd need a lot of vastly different game mechanics to have the game feel "right".

    I think that's why ARPG like Ultimate Alliance or fighting games like Injustice work better. You can capture the scope of their powers while limiting the game to style of gameplay.
    If they wanted ot do a huge team up, shoulda done a street avengers/Defenders/whatever game

    Cage, JJ, IF, Spider-Man, MK, Punisher, and the like all work fine together

    BW and Thor... not so much. Unless one of the missions is splintercell sneaky stuff... why would you ever use BW over Cap let alone Thor lol
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  9. #3774
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If they wanted ot do a huge team up, shoulda done a street avengers/Defenders/whatever game

    Cage, JJ, IF, Spider-Man, MK, Punisher, and the like all work fine together

    BW and Thor... not so much. Unless one of the missions is splintercell sneaky stuff... why would you ever use BW over Cap let alone Thor lol
    Sadly, I can see the logic in thinking those guys (except Spider-Man) wouldn't sell as much.

  10. #3775
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Change Sabertooth to the slave owning dude from Alabama and shit gets reaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly interesting
    Damn....the thought of runaway slaves fleeing Creed is a horror film worthy.

  11. #3776
    New old guy Surf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Damn....the thought of runaway slaves fleeing Creed is a horror film worthy.
    Yikes. Bondage is one thing, use of adamantium in said bondage is a whole notha, I gotta pass on that.

    Remember Creed as a kid in the FOX animated series flashback, lol. Papa Tooth was real cold towards his wolf looking boy and that's being kind. That was some brutal depiction for a weekday cartoon back in the day.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

  12. #3777
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Damn....the thought of runaway slaves fleeing Creed is a horror film worthy.
    also justify his extreme hatred of Logan outside of Victor just being a troll.

    Hell, if you don't wanna make him an "owner" per say, keep the "abused by dad" angle. dad abused him, he picked on/abused the only people lower than him (slaves). Hell, have him be "released" to chase down runaways. He does it to show his daddy how useful and good he is, hoping for some sort of approval that never comes.

    especially when Logan is the only one ot escape him. Which makes his dad even more abusive, makes victor even more "sabertooth," and that hatred grows through the years


    I'm tellin you, this shit is gold and will never happen lol
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  13. #3778
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Yikes. Bondage is one thing, use of adamantium in said bondage is a whole notha, I gotta pass on that.

    Remember Creed as a kid in the FOX animated series flashback, lol. Papa Tooth was real cold towards his wolf looking boy and that's being kind. That was some brutal depiction for a weekday cartoon back in the day.
    I would not watch the film because I hate slave films, and horror films.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    also justify his extreme hatred of Logan outside of Victor just being a troll.

    Hell, if you don't wanna make him an "owner" per say, keep the "abused by dad" angle. dad abused him, he picked on/abused the only people lower than him (slaves). Hell, have him be "released" to chase down runaways. He does it to show his daddy how useful and good he is, hoping for some sort of approval that never comes.

    especially when Logan is the only one ot escape him. Which makes his dad even more abusive, makes victor even more "sabertooth," and that hatred grows through the years


    I'm tellin you, this shit is gold and will never happen lol
    I think Creed might be a cannibal, too. Him eating slaves would gross me the hell out. I have not read a Creed story in over a decade. He raped Silver Fox, so it would not be out of the question he raped slave women (and may have fathered illegitimate offspring). Ugh....just imagine some gangsta rapper with legitimate street cred (with gold over his fangs) being a descendant of Victor Creed.

    Damn....this stuff writes itself.....


    No way I would watch it. I'll stay in my lane, and re-watch Ant-Man & the Wasp.

  14. #3779
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I think the problem with Avengers as a game is that the scope of each characters ability isn't really compatible.

    You'd need a lot of vastly different game mechanics to have the game feel "right".

    I think that's why ARPG like Ultimate Alliance or fighting games like Injustice work better. You can capture the scope of their powers while limiting the game to style of gameplay.
    They couldn't use the Actor's likenesses without coughing up $$$$$$ so they made generic realistic video game "actors" instead of just cel shading the hell out of some drawings
    like the DBZ game did.

  15. #3780
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,854

    Default

    UA3 has the way better base roster.



    Lot of folks seem meh on just getting to use the 5 original movie Avengers. We're kinda past that. Movie was 7 years ago, Square!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •