Page 257 of 821 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357757 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 12315
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I'd agree with the Rock's movies not being that rewatchable he's really short on the fight scenes. Which is what I usually watch action movies over for. Lost count of the number of times I've watched Blade 2 or even a basic Steven Seagal movie lol.

He also has a lot of gross-out humor in his movies which doesn't help.I think his best fights are in Walking Tall. Hopefully he remedies this in Hobbs and shaw.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    The Rock doesn't really give me Namor vibes at all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Whoooa! First time I've heard of that! I'm-I'm-I'm...not that surprised if I think about it, actually.

Well, at least Arnold remains a role model for how not to be a gross human being---

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Why you take so much from me, Lord?!
    For some reason, I have User's "Lil' Freak" in my head after watching this.

Extraordinary Member

Segal...ehhhh.

His act and his films have aged really badly.

I'm the guy that saw every 90's Segal flick when it came out but even I would not put Steve Segal on the Action Man Mt. Rushmore. Out of all the
    movies he's made I would probably only willingly watch Out For Justice and Under Seige again.... and I'm not even sure about Out For Justice.

Looking at guys like Segal and Chuck Norris dudes who made probably at least 25 films between the two of them (because Chuck hacked out movies like a fiend back in the day) but probably don't have 3 decent flicks between them put together (and even that rests on how much you liked Silent Rage)

...and it gives you a whole new appreciation for Arnold and Stallone who could be counted on to give you at least one good movie every other year back in the day.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It seems that both were one of the few instances of this being a hoax. I apologize for the misinformation.
    It's fine, man. We know Sly probably tracked the leader of this blackmailing scheme down to his compound in a country with no extradition treaty with the U.S., slaughtered his way through the guy's elite mercenary security force, barely aced his bodyguard in a combat knife duel, and then cornered him in his office where he begged for mercy and stammered "I-I hope we can get along," but then Sly throws him through the window to his death and says: "Me too."
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    He is also the only one still making movies that don't bomb. Newest Rambo about to 50 cal the R rated box office.

Salute. Strong defense for ya man, doesn't convince me really tho but strong. So this would be what, John Rambo number 5? Spanning damn near the same number of decades since First Blood? Gotcha, only way I could rock would be a reveal twist ending that in fact Rambo had been an actual Terminator this whole time. 70 year old killing machine is a 70 year old killing machine knowhatI'msayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    As for who goes on Action Rushmore, no love for Bruce Willis?
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If Arnold is Michael Jordon

then Stallone is Lebron (crazy peak and ridiculous longevity)

Then Bruce Willis is Derrick Rose (burst out of the gate with Die Hard and then.... ????)
    Before I fully realized what having a 'base' meant, I was part of the Willis base. He's more actual movie star than 'action man', Moonrise Kingdom anybody? Yea he fell off, voluntarily I like to think, and that was after about 20 years but he won the Championship his rookie year. Derrick Rose... tuh, you know who Bruce Willis is? He's Jerry MuthaEffin West, dude is the logo lol! They are still efforting 12 Monkeys projects and that wasn't just cause of Brad Pitt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Looking at guys like Seagal and Chuck Norris dudes who made probably at least 25 films between the two of them (because Chuck hacked out movies like a fiend back in the day) but probably don't have 3 decent flicks between them put together (and even that rests on how much you liked Silent Rage)

Let's not loose ourselves here. We can clown on Seagal now but I can't put him in the Chuck Norris class. Norris and Michael Dutikoff(sp) and the American Ninja movies are onto themselves, I can't let that go. I can toss in Charles Bronson in that group if you want but not Seagal. Am I the only one whose ever seen the cinematic classic Marked For Death? Hello, Screwface? KEITH freakin' DAVID? Hell, Seagal had 2 or 3 classics before Under Siege. Was no one ever impressed at one time with Segal (13 year old YOU counts btw)? Laugh out loud, how many goons forearms did he break and then they ended up thrown headfirst into a wall, or a bar rail... or a souvenir counter or some **** made out of glass? Jus sayin'. He maybe a stammering old prick now, and let's be real, all these guys are living on past glory but c'mon who was more deadly with not only a pool stick broken in two but with the cue ball as well.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Salute. Strong defense for ya man, doesn't convince me really tho but strong. So this would be what, John Rambo number 5? Spanning damn near the same number of decades since First Blood? Gotcha, only way I could rock would be a reveal twist ending that in fact Rambo had been an actual Terminator this whole time. 70 year old killing machine is a 70 year old killing machine knowhatI'msayin'.

Before I fully realized what having a 'base' meant, I was part of the Willis base. He's more actual movie star than 'action man', Moonrise Kingdom anybody? Yea he fell off, voluntarily I like to think, and that was after about 20 years but he won the Championship his rookie year. Derrick Rose... tuh, you know who Bruce Willis is? He's Jerry MuthaEffin West, dude is the logo lol! They are still efforting 12 Monkeys projects and that wasn't just cause of Brad Pitt.

[/font]
    Derrick Rose came out #1 draft, rookie of the year, youngest MVP ever, lead bulls to #1 seed ready to take over the league

then blew his knee out and was done

Seems pretty applicable to Die Hard 1 and 2 to me lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Segal...ehhhh.

His act and his films have aged really badly.

I'm the guy that saw every 90's Segal flick when it came out but even I would not put Steve Segal on the Action Man Mt. Rushmore. Out of all the
    movies he's made I would probably only willingly watch Out For Justice and Under Seige again.... and I'm not even sure about Out For Justice.

Looking at guys like Segal and Chuck Norris dudes who made probably at least 25 films between the two of them (because Chuck hacked out movies like a fiend back in the day) but probably don't have 3 decent flicks between them put together (and even that rests on how much you liked Silent Rage)

...and it gives you a whole new appreciation for Arnold and Stallone who could be counted on to give you at least one good movie every other year back in the day.
    Have to politely disagree about one small aspect of one of those films.

While the take on "Jamaicans..." in the film is straight up "You're kidding me, right?", Basil Wallace's performance as Screwface(and his twin brother) is one for the scrap book.

That guy is right up there with Lugosi/Chaney/Rains/Karloff back in the day in that film.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

Loooooollllll That bar fight in Out for Justice tho....

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Loooooollllll That bar fight in Out for Justice tho....
    "Anybody seen Richie?"

So priceless.

Also, "Anticipation Of Death Is Worse Than Death Itself..." on the wall in Hard To Kill.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 06-21-2019 at 05:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I need to watch the Running Man again. That film is probably my favorite Arnold flick.

If you ever find yourself on the verge of a Bruce Banner moment, just recite Arnold's last line to Richard Dawson.

Doing this relieves a lot of negative energy.

I used to love The Rundown back in the day. It's probably my 2nd most rewatchable The Rock film. The first has to go to The Game Plan. Don't make fun, I was 12 at the time lol

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Astonishing Member

So I'll be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about DC retiring the Vertigo line. Their logic makes a lot of sense, but their wording is false. They stated that nudity, edgier violence and etc is more mainstream over the years. But then I recall the censorship over batman damned where they decided showing a nude batman was going too far.
    So safe to say I'm highly suspect that vertigo is going to have their content neutered after the merger.

Segal is one of the biggest frauds around

He has multiple accusations against him as well, with regard to sexual misconduct

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    So I'll be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about DC retiring the Vertigo line. Their logic makes a lot of sense, but their wording is false. They stated that nudity, edgier violence and etc is more mainstream over the years. But then I recall the censorship over batman damned where they decided showing a nude batman was going too far.
    So safe to say I'm highly suspect that vertigo is going to have their content neutered after the merger.
    You could make the point that a mature Batman is a contradiction in terms.

Nobody wants "Mickey Mouse After Dark" either.

I just think that DC wants Creator Owned to go away and canning Vertigo is the easiest way to do it. DC is at its best when it remembers that
    its a publishing company and I can't think that getting rid of the line that brought them Preacher and Y: The Last Man is a good idea for them.

It might make Corporate happy but their judgement had been continually been proven to be flawed.