Page 262 of 828 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362762 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 12407

First Non-White The Little Mermaid Actress Shares Great Advice For Halle Bailey

When Disney cast actress Halle Bailey (NOT Berry) as Ariel in the live-action remake of The Little Mermaid, the internet almost exploded with discourse, disappointment, and, in some cases, outright disdain. But Diana Huey, the theater actress who was the first non-white performer to play Ariel on a major stage, offered up some insights to the young star. Unfortunately, Huey couldn't impart the same advice to the new Scuttle and Flounder.
    Japanese-American actress Diana Huey imparted a number of pieces of advice to the new Ariel, one of them being:
    "Keep your head up and know that it’s so much bigger than you as a single person fighting these battles. If she can stay positive and just remember, there’s more support than there is hatred. It’s an important battle to fight and she’s not alone."

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/247...r-halle-bailey

That's really dope of the actress Diana Huey....
    but uh what's up with the new Flounder and Scuttle

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    That's really dope of the actress Diana Huey....
    but uh what's up with the new Flounder and Scuttle
    Don't know honestly.

Anyway, here's some nice fan-art inspired by Bailey's casting.

https://www.themarysue.com/fan-art-h...ittle-mermaid/

Extraordinary Member

Cameron Boyce, Disney Channel child star, has passed away at age 20.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-48900121

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That... just looks like a martial arts movie???
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well, martial arts was a big part of Chinese combat in ancient and medieval times. That being said, this movie won't feature I'll Make A Man Out Of You, so alot of my hype for has been killed.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

No songs, no Mushu, no uh, what was that big Mongolian's name? Why even bother remaking Mulan if they're just going to take out all the stuff people remember? Though it wouldn't kill them to mine something else, Princess Kaguya and Momotaro are right there, disney doesn't have a Japanese Princess.

Whelp, my 3 year old is going to be sorely disappointed that there is no Eddie Murphy voiced character. She thinks the honey buns line is the funniest thing ever.

I'm all for this kind of fare hitting US Box offices, even if it is from Disney and a rehash at that. Only thing is It feels like they have been recycling the same Asian actors over and over for a couple decades at least when these led movies open for US release. Fine actors all of them but surely the palate is larger than the half dozen or so that show up in everything.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Well, martial arts was a big part of Chinese combat in ancient and medieval times. That being said, this movie won't feature I'll Make A Man Out Of You, so alot of my hype for has been killed.
    Wait what? Why? Every single remake has had new renditions of the Disney songs that came from the cartoon. Why throw that away in this movie?

Otherwise I'm still super hyped though, Mulan was my favorite "Disney princess" (Moana is a close second), so I'll be there in opening day for sure. But if they don't have songs in there, I'll be heavily disappointed.

I still occasionally sing the song reflections even though I can't hit the notes for s*** and am a straight male lol.

Extraordinary Member

Holy S#it, Disney made a Wuxia flick.

An ARTSY Wuxia flick to boot.

Well it isn't a musical so I focusing on martial arts was the best direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    No songs, no Mushu, no uh, what was that big Mongolian's name? Why even bother remaking Mulan if they're just going to take out all the stuff people remember? Though it wouldn't kill them to mine something else, Princess Kaguya and Momotaro are right there, disney doesn't have a Japanese Princess.
    The Chinese audience didn't respond well to the animated Mulan move though they loved the Lion King with all its songs and things They didn't like them in Mulan. So all the changes are most likely a do over for Disney to appeal more to the 2nd largest movie audience in the world (and soon to the first).
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    The Chinese audience didn't respond well to the animated Mulan move though they loved the Lion King with all its songs and things They didn't like them in Mulan. So all the changes are most likely a do over for Disney to appeal more to the 2nd largest movie audience in the world (and soon to the first).
    I kinda figured that, though I'm confused by them enjoying the songs in Lion King but not Mulan. Was it the songs themselves? Or singing in that environment.
    Last edited by leo619; 07-08-2019 at 09:24 AM.