Page 263 of 821 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363763 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 12315

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Wait what? Why? Every single remake has had new renditions of the Disney songs that came from the cartoon. Why throw that away in this movie?

Otherwise I'm still super hyped though, Mulan was my favorite "Disney princess" (Moana is a close second), so I'll be there in opening day for sure. But if they don't have songs in there, I'll be heavily disappointed.

I still occasionally sing the song reflections even though I can't hit the notes for s*** and am a straight male lol.
    I can give a sh!t about whether or not the Mulan remake is gonna have martial arts....

but if this song ain't featured in this movie....

Im cancelling EVERYTHING Disney

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I can give a sh!t about whether or not the Mulan remake is gonna have martial arts....

LMAO, well I was literally raised on Chinese martial art movies (to the point to where my dad has the original jeet kune do book from bruce lee, though it's in less then mint condition due to it's usage), so the martial element is a huge pull for me.
    Last edited by leo619; 07-08-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I kinda figured that, though I'm confused by them enjoying the songs in Lion King but not Mulan. Was it the songs themselves? Or singing in that environment.
    So I guess the Chinese audience... and damn if that isn't the broadest assumption of the day considering the sheer number of that audience. I mean I'm sure there is a vast audience who did like the music.

Maybe it's the Western format of the songs that by and large I guess they ain't rocking with, being adapted for that story native to them. That's giving the benefit of the doubt btw. It's not like the vocal offspring of James Earl Jones and Madge Sinclair's child King was anything other than a white dude singing the songs so... I mean the Lion King is all talking animals too.

I've never actually SAT through Mulan, even though in my house it's on at some point every weekend, so In passing I hear it... in passing. I betta prolly save this energy for caping for the little sister who is gonna be Mermaid. My two girls have never seen Lil' Mermaid so in all likely hood the young sister playing Ariel will be the only one they know.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Then start cancelling now cause it ain't gonna be.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    So I guess the Chinese audience... and damn if that isn't the broadest assumption of the day considering the sheer number of that audience. I mean I'm sure there is a vast audience who did like the music.

Maybe it's the Western format of the songs that by and large I guess they ain't rocking with, being adapted for that story native to them. That's giving the benefit of the doubt btw. It's not like the vocal offspring of James Earl Jones and Madge Sinclair's child King was anything other than a white dude singing the songs so... I mean the Lion King is all talking animals too.

I've never actually SAT through Mulan, even though in my house it's on at some point every weekend, so In passing I hear it... in passing. I betta prolly save this energy for caping for the little sister who is gonna be Mermaid. My two girls have never seen Lil' Mermaid so in all likely hood the young sister playing Ariel will be the only one they know.
    Mulan grossed less money then Lion King and Toy Story and pushed to make half of what Rush Hour make and was ranked 10 out of 10 western movies the year that it was shown in China. Its an assumption that have a lot of data and actual studies (no kidding people did studies as to why it did so poorly in China) to back it up. Main conclusion was that it was too western for a Chinese story. It was in an American format in story telling which they saw as fine for American stories but didn't what to seen there own stories that way.

It's gonna be interesting to see how Disney is will handle having 2 little mermaids.
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 07-08-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Well, martial arts was a big part of Chinese combat in ancient and medieval times. That being said, this movie won't feature I'll Make A Man Out Of You, so alot of my hype for has been killed.
    Oh i'm not mad. Actually happy about it. I don't really do the disney stuff but if it is just a Wuxia film I might be down

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    No songs, no Mushu, no uh, what was that big Mongolian's name? Why even bother remaking Mulan if they're just going to take out all the stuff people remember? Though it wouldn't kill them to mine something else, Princess Kaguya and Momotaro are right there, disney doesn't have a Japanese Princess.
    disney simply remakes stuff: there is no creativeity! what is the point!

disney changes things: why are they changing it!!!

(not saying you, just in general).
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post

It's gonna be interesting to see how Disney is will handle having 2 little mermaids.
    2 Mermaids for 2 America's.

If threre's a study then there must be a consultant behind said study, which means an expenses report (receipts sure, and still). How people may frown at Disney homogenization seems like an easy opening for that kind of work before the first screening. Good gig if you can get it.
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Oh i'm not mad. Actually happy about it. I don't really do the disney stuff but if it is just a Wuxia film I might be down

disney simply remakes stuff: there is no creativeity! what is the point!

disney changes things: why are they changing it!!!

(not saying you, just in general).
    I know, it just seems like Mulan is this weird half-measure. It's different, but not too different.

Jodi Benson, Ariel's voice actress, has spoken out in favor of Halle Bailey's casting.

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebri...lash-response/

Jodi Benson, Ariel's voice actress, has spoken out in favor of Halle Bailey's casting.

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebri...lash-response/

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

"..mysterious as the dark side of the mooooooooon!" Every time I see Li Shang pick up and carry Mulan's water buckets, my heart always drops.

On another note, given the period, it is accurate to call the villains the Huns since their ancestors, the Xiongnu, did interact with Han China. While the term 'Hun' is probably going to be used again do to how it's easy to remember for audiences, I would love if once or twice they were called the Xiongnu as a nod to what their was called.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Disney has HOW MANY FOLKS CALLING THEMSELVES SPIDER-MAN?

As long as the CHECK clears they don't care.

Because they have had NO trouble showing alternative versions of folks. See Huey, Dewey, Louie & Max Goof. Who have all been seen as kids and teenagers in shows, movies or specials that aired at the same time.

Especially Max. Who went from kid, teen, college guy & BACK to a kid from 1993-2010.

I think Disney said the characters play whatever role the script requires. That is what they used to explain Mickey & Minnie not being married or a couple in one cartoon from another.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Disney has HOW MANY FOLKS CALLING THEMSELVES SPIDER-MAN?

Yeaa but there is a theme park element here. Little Mermaid ain't walkin' around Disneyland in no costume. They got a young woman to play Snow White, Cinderella and I'd hope a Moana. What happens when said family comes to the park and chick who plays 90s Ariel is hung over and called out sick but the *new* Ariel is there all smiles lol. There are many stories of **** parents, usually Moms, excluding to little black girls faces at these theme parks and have no problem telling the little sistas or their own girls that "she really CAN'T be Frozen" because... It's a when not if situation sad to say.
    You bet yer ass.

Yeaa but there is a theme park element here. Little Mermaid ain't walkin' around Disneyland in no costume. They got a young woman to play Snow White, Cinderella and I'd hope a Moana. What happens when said family comes to the park and chick who plays 90s Ariel is hung over and called out sick but the *new* Ariel is there all smiles lol. There are many stories of **** parents, usually Moms, excluding to little black girls faces at these theme parks and have no problem telling the little sistas or their own girls that "she really CAN'T be Frozen" because... It's a when not if situation sad to say.
    There can be two versions in a park, and if they ever come across each other, they can fight it out with their stands; 90's Ariel using The Ocean and New Ariel using Waterfalls.

The theme park was what I was really thinking about. My nice was at Disney world this week and wanted to ride the Little Mermaid ride as she has seen the movie countless times. When you said that your girls will most likely only really know the new live action one then that ride might seem strange to them. Again it will be interesting to see what Disney will do.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Joe Taslim of "The Raid" has been cast as Sub-Zero in the new Mortal Kombat movie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1222984