Page 268 of 821 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318368768 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 12315

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Has anyone checked out MUA 3 yet? I thought about getting it, but the base story is only 10 hrs, I mean yeah they'res online stuff and missions, but I really don't want to pay $60 for a game that short. If it were $40 than maybe.
    Yikes, that isn't worth 60 bucks at all.

Thanks for the heads up. Solid skip for me know... I was tempted to buy a switch for it lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yikes, that isn't worth 60 bucks at all.

Thanks for the heads up. Solid skip for me know... I was tempted to buy a switch for it lol
    I mean, the switch is still worth it, Breath of the Wild is 30 hrs easy, unless you skip straight to Ganon, Odyssey is a lot of fun, Smash bros, I liked Arms, Link's awakening is coming out in September, Sword and Shield in November and there are a few gems in the eshop, but MUA seems like a 'roided up mobile game.

Mahershala Ali is the new Blade. Shang-Chi movie has Simu Lu, Tony Leung and Awkwafina. Eternals has Brian Tyree Henry, Don Lee, Kumail Nanjiani and other diverse talent. And Tessa Thompson hinted Valkyrie might have a female love interest in Thor 4. Marvel's going all in on that diversity money.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Mahershala Ali is the new Blade. Shang-Chi movie has Simu Lu, Tony Leung and Awkwafina. Eternals has Brian Tyree Henry, Don Lee, Kumail Nanjiani and other diverse talent. And Tessa Thompson hinted Valkyrie might have a female love interest in Thor 4. Marvel's going all in on that diversity money.
    And Teyonah Parris is Monica Rambeau.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Natalie Portman seems to be returning and this will really irk those angry comics fans. Its hinted she will become female Thor in this next one.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Tony Leung is playing the True Mandarin btw.

That guy is a really big deal in HK film. He played Ip Man in The Grandmaster, among other things.

Simu Liu (who I'm not familiar with) seems to have beat out Ludi Lin for the Shang Chi role.

Ultimate Member

Can you blame them???

DC will get the hint eventually. Batman & Superman can only go so far.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Can you blame them???

I mean, live-action wise they're not really doing much for Superman other then apparently make a Supergirl movie...

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I got surprisingly emotional when I heard Blade was coming back. PERFECT casting too, I'm too excited! The king has returned!
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I mean, the switch is still worth it, Breath of the Wild is 30 hrs easy, unless you skip straight to Ganon, Odyssey is a lot of fun, Smash bros, I liked Arms, Link's awakening is coming out in September, Sword and Shield in November and there are a few gems in the eshop, but MUA seems like a 'roided up mobile game.
    None of the other MUA games were that long either. I remember beating part 2 the same night I bought it. IMO, you buy a switch for Fire Emblem 3 houses. Although honestly, the nintendo community has been trash lately. Too much smash drama, too many poke-pedos.

Can you blame them???

DC has a Polynesian Aquaman, an Isreali Wonder Woman and a Birds of Prey movie starring three female characters of color and is directed by an Asian-American woman. DC has already gotten the hint. Hell, they got the hint before the MCU given their earlier films are a lot more diverse than most of what the MCU puts out.

Anyway congratulations to Mahershala Ali and Simu Lu on getting these roles.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-20-2019 at 10:07 PM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Can you blame them???

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    DC has a Polynesian Aquaman, an Isreali Wonder Woman and a Birds of Prey movie starring three female characters of color and is directed by an Asian-American woman. DC has already gotten the hint. Hell, they got the hint before the MCU.

Anyway congratulations to Mahershala Ali and Simu Lu on getting these roles.
    I think someone told me that this is more so tokenized exploitation than wholesome representation, and that the Hollywood executives may truthfully not really care about diversity unless it helps them get higher ticket sales from all sorts of minorities, along with the publicity, as this is a hugely money-driven business after all. As well as how this soulless representation may not do much of anything to better the communication and cooperation of minorities in the Hollywood workforce or other communities, and may not even lead to the higher-ups at Hollywood to change their bad ways for the better.

But hey, maybe that person was being a little too cynical.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I think someone told me that this is more so tokenized exploitation than wholesome representation, and that the Hollywood executives may truthfully not really care about diversity unless it helps them get higher ticket sales from all sorts of minorities, along with the publicity, as this is a hugely money-driven business after all. As well as how this soulless representation may not do much of anything to better the communication and cooperation of minorities in the Hollywood workforce or other communities, and may not even lead to the higher-ups at Hollywood to change their bad ways for the better.

But hey, maybe that person was being a little too cynical.
    No he/ wasn’t. Anyone who works in Hollywood will tell you the same thing. It’s pretty cut throat.

It's fine by me if Hollywood is only in it for profit. Their mercenary mentality is still reflective of greater social change. They go where the money is, and the money is in diversity.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Hollywood realized a long time ago women drive the $$$ for movies and films. Its why the 1st Deadpool film released on Valentine's Day and had a campaign geared around a romantic type angle there. Its because they know women will get their husbands , boyfriends , etc to go see a film a number of times. That is where the $$$ is and adding a diverse cast as well.

Iron Man 3 its claimed added a sub-plot to please the Chinese film audience because they wanted that extra money. So here now were seeing them realize , America and the world is a very diverse place. We can get more money moving that direction. WB seemed to realize that pretty quick as we saw.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.