Page 271 of 821 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321371771 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 12315

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I'm gonna be staying in here and on Marvel's side of the forum for a while. LoS art was shown on Seth Meyers tonight and Lightning Lad may now be black or a brown person ...if that was Lightning Lad

The Bendis slander will be annoying to deal with but damn if Lighning Lad really is black that black heroes with lightning powers really is a trope.
    I thought this was a different Seth Meyers, didn't know he was into comics like that. He must really be into them to bore the hell out of a general audience like that having some rando dude (as they see Bendis) bring concept art to a late night show.

Hope that's not the case with LL, Black Lightning is a realized thing now and that borders on patronizing at this point. Besides, TYROC has the potential to be DC's Black Panther in space if they wanted to and he could tie into the cosmic future side of DC like no one else really. This is Time Warner though, home of the Milestone cocktease going on what- 5 years now, or more. More that likely Tyroc will have to wait on Bruce Timm to bring him out of the mothballs at some point in the next 10 years.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I thought this was a different Seth Meyers, didn't know he was into comics like that. He must really be into them to bore the hell out of a general audience like that having some rando dude (as they see Bendis) bring concept art to a late night show.

Hope that's not the case with LL, Black Lightning is a realized thing now and that borders on patronizing at this point. Besides, TYROC has the potential to be DC's Black Panther in space if they wanted to and he could tie into the cosmic future side of DC like no one else really. This is Time Warner though, home of the Milestone cocktease going on what- 5 years now, or more. More that likely Tyroc will have to wait on Bruce Timm to bring him out of the mothballs at some point in the next 10 years.
    Tbf WB cant do anything about Milestone comic wise, thats up to everyone involved in the legal case.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Tbf WB cant do anything about Milestone comic wise, thats up to everyone involved in the legal case.
    I wish Milestone publish under a different company, like Boom or IDW. Obviously being able to have Batman pop up can help, but I think there is enough hunger and the consumer sensibilities have changed enough that if they start small and focused they can stand on their own.

I'd publish Static Shock, Blood Syndicate, Icon, and maybe Shadow Cabinet.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I wish Milestone publish under a different company, like Boom or IDW. Obviously being able to have Batman pop up can help, but I think there is enough hunger and the consumer sensibilities have changed enough that if they start small and focused they can stand on their own.

I'd publish Static Shock, Blood Syndicate, Icon, and maybe Shadow Cabinet.
    Milestone would thrive at IDW, they could honestly use some in-house superhero books. A small part of me hopes that archie would sell they're superheroes to them so that Ian Flynn can write them again.

There is some debate among Chinese fans in regards to the Mandarin appearing in the Shang Chi movie.

https://www.inkstonenews.com/society...rticle/3019596

https://qz.com/quartzy/1671394/china...ero-movie/amp/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Milestone would thrive at IDW, they could honestly use some in-house superhero books. A small part of me hopes that archie would sell they're superheroes to them so that Ian Flynn can write them again.
    Archie could too but too many cooks have to approve stories over there. From the head of the company to the editors has to see those scripts.

Black, Bitter Root & now Farmhand have tv and movies deals-Batman was nowhere to be seen.

Milestone by themselves or with Black Mask or Ahoy Comics or Dark Horse or IDW would work.

Static at IDW would at least get 7-20K in orders without trying.

If you mention Bendis is the guy behind Miles Morales-they would care.

Oh today I finally found the uncensored cover to Black #3 and Ducktales 5 & 6 from 2011. Ducktales is from the unauthorized Darkwing Duck & Ducktales crossover that was going for blood money on ebay and has never been in trade.

I also saw Teen Titans Hunt for Raven-going for $30. Static goes back to Dakota in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Archie could too but too many cooks have to approve stories over there. From the head of the company to the editors has to see those scripts.
    True, but lest we forget, if it's not mainline Archie they don't care. That shield book was terrible, that Fly reboot with an asian girl that was supposed to be their Ms. Marvel? Never happened. Mega Man? Cancelled. Sonic? Jumped ship.

Meyers is a comic nut, big fan of Kevin Maguire, I think this is the second time he's had Bendis on, he's had Tom King on his show before too. Tyroc, Invisible Kid (Foccart), and Kid quantum are three of my favorite legionairres, it would be really interesting if Bendis brought back ferro lad and made him black like Jim Shooter intended, he only killed him off because he had to be white.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    It’s been pretty positive so far. I think it’s due to the fact that the legion had been due for a major visual update for a while now. The vision of the future that the classic Legion represents is kind of dated concept in a lot of ways. They can also stand to be a lot more alien in look.
    The new designs are alright. I still say Blok needs a neck, and my girl Dawny looks like chief wahoo's great great granddaughter, she looks like an 80's stereotype of a native american. It would be nice to have the legion more connected, and that's what Bendis wants, so maybe this book will be okay. Being positive about a Bendis book, I need to take another shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    The new designs are alright. I still say Blok needs a neck, and my girl Dawny looks like chief wahoo's great great granddaughter, she looks like an 80's stereotype of a native american. It would be nice to have the legion more connected, and that's what Bendis wants, so maybe this book will be okay. Being positive about a Bendis book, I need to take another shower.
    At least she's no longer in danger of getting a chest cold this time. Also, I hope they just change her power set to light manipulation rather than that weird "magical Native American tracker" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    At least she's no longer in danger of getting a chest cold this time. Also, I hope they just change her power set to light manipulation rather than that weird "magical Native American tracker" thing.
    They probably won't, since in addition to her new look her wings are no longer physical but "spirit wings", that's just....ugh. I can live without the fanservice, but Bendis and Sook doubled down on the stereotypes with Dawny.

The thing is comics are the number one movies consistently ,It is not some strange feat to bring one of these creators out nowadays. Especially someone on Bendis level because they are creator of multiple things that audience know FYI it is kinda how the mighty have fallen thing but Bendis is the writer of this little hero called SUPERMAN. I am watching the interview the first thing the mention that he was creator of Miles Morales.

Seth Meyers asked him about Naomi which is very cool

Question, I'm considering doing a story that features a Native American character with natural red hair but who doesn't have any caucasian ancestry. Does anyone know if this would be realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Question, I'm considering doing a story that features a Native American character with natural red hair but who doesn't have any caucasian ancestry. Does anyone know if this would be realistic?
    red hair comes From Asia? I think.... central Asia

Quick Google found this...
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si-Te-Cah
    sooo maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    red hair comes From Asia? I think.... central Asia

Quick Google found this...
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si-Te-Cah
    sooo maybe?
    I see. Thank you.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Transgender actress Angelica Ross from the tv series Pose has allegedly been hired by Marvel. People are already speculating that she might be playing Sera.

If that's true then it's pretty damn big, it looks like Marvel/Disney might finally be done with worrying about foreign censorship.

Just an aside, yeah, Seth is into comics. Saw him a couple of years ago at Midtown Comics. It was a brief glance, but yeah, he was using the Midtown Comics discount offer and everything.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."