Page 272 of 827 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372772 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 12396
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Question, I'm considering doing a story that features a Native American character with natural red hair but who doesn't have any caucasian ancestry. Does anyone know if this would be realistic?
    I would say so, there are people who are full African who has red hair so I don't see why a Native American character couldn't have one, it would just have to be extremely recessive.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Transgender actress Angelica Ross from the tv series Pose has allegedly been hired by Marvel. People are already speculating that she might be playing Sera.

If that's true then it's pretty damn big, it looks like Marvel/Disney might finally be done with worrying about foreign censorship.
    Pessimistically, I am thinking they don't think Eternals is going to explode in China so they don't care as much for this particular property.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Transgender actress Angelica Ross from the tv series Pose has allegedly been hired by Marvel. People are already speculating that she might be playing Sera.

If that's true then it's pretty damn big, it looks like Marvel/Disney might finally be done with worrying about foreign censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Pessimistically, I am thinking they don't think Eternals is going to explode in China so they don't care as much for this particular property.
    So are you guys talking about Sersi?
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

That's fine with me to be honest. I've been waiting for them to stop bending over backwards for China so I can finally see some gay characters.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post

There's a transgender character named Sera who was the love interest of Angela, Thor's sister. Because they basically took Angela's backstory for Hela in Thor Ragnarok it's pretty unlikely that they're going to use Angela in the MCU. But considering that Valkyrie is "looking for her queen" in the next Thor movie then it's possible Sera could be one of those candidates.

I suppose it's possible Angelica could've been cast for Sersi in The Eternals but I heard Marvel was looking for someone Middle-Eastern for that role. I think it's more likely she was cast as Sera considering Sera is a transwoman of colour.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    I was, I misread lol

I don't know who Sera is
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I was, I misread lol

I don't know who Sera is
    That's understandable, she's still a rather obscure character.

Extraordinary Member

That's understandable, she's still a rather obscure character.
    At a guess Sera will be used in MCU Valkyrie's storyline. Marvel doesn't have full creative rights over Angela, Neal Gaiman does (at least in part). So we will never
    see Angela in the MCU. So they might as well use Angela's Marvel created supporting cast in the MCU.

As for Sersi, it doesn't seem that she's in the Eternals movie at all. Angeling Jolie is playing Thena and Salma Hayak is playing a genderbent Ajax. Sersi was the closest thing the group had to a team pin up and the writers seem to have deliberately left the character out of the movie.

This means that Jolie and Hayak get to play authority figures and not romantic foils. Thena is the Eternal's Queen and Ajax was in charge of the mission on Earth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I'm gonna be staying in here and on Marvel's side of the forum for a while. LoS art was shown on Seth Meyers tonight and Lightning Lad may now be black or a brown person ...if that was Lightning Lad

The Bendis slander will be annoying to deal with but damn if Lighning Lad really is black that black heroes with lightning powers really is a trope.
    @kurenai24, if you're still around, is it a big angry blowout?

I saw that pic in a thread that was talking about/disdaining about Jon Kent. I saw the dark-skinned dude in the lightning costume, and thought "Oh hey! Lightning Lad's a person of color now? That's cool, and he looks cool in his outfit, too! And I like his hair, both style and color!" One of the big things about the Legion of Superheroes is that the principal cast and the more well-know and often-used characters in its roster are infamously white or white-coded. Not even the multi-colored aliens are exempt. I noted this once in the Appreciation Thread early this year or late last year that this would need to be addressed if they brought them back, lest they be dated in a contemporary context. I... got the feeling that no one else in the thread saw anything as an issue, and I haven't been back since. Last thing I remember is them going back to gushing over the overly-white cast favorites. Anyway, this is good news.

Is the reason you said you'll be staying away from the DC side of the forums because of Marvel-style "fan-pushback"?

Extraordinary Member

I am a big fan of the Bronze Age Legion. Superboy & the Legion of Superheroes was the very first comic I ever read.

Several POC members of the Legion have been introduced. I am afraid that those Legionnaires may be set aside in favor of the race-bent members.

Light Lass is now of African descent. However, we already had Computo (Danielle Foccart), Kid Quantum II, and XS (Barry Allen's granddaughter).

We get one race-bent sista, but will we lose three?

I'm hoping Bendis can make this work.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 07-30-2019 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I am a big fan of the Bronze Age Legion. Superboy & the Legion of Superheroes was the very first comic I ever read.

Several POC members of the Legion have been introduced. I am afraid that those Legionnaires may be set aside in favor of the race-bent members.

Light Lass is now of African descent. However, we already had Computo (Danielle Foccart), Kid Quantum II, and XS (Barry Allen's granddaughter).

We get one race-bent sista, but will we lose three?

I'm hoping Bendis can make this work.
    Bendis says there are 34 members of this team, knowing him, he'll use his ten favorites, Jon, and have the rest show up when needed. He may possibly use the legionnaires you mentioned. I liked Invisible Kid (Jaques Foccart) and Kid Quantum as well.

I still don't like Dawny's redesign though.

Bruce Lee's daughter has expressed criticism of the depiction of her father in Tarantino's Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

“I can understand all the reasoning behind what is portrayed in the movie,” she said to The Wrap. “I understand that the two characters are antiheroes and this is sort of like a rage fantasy of what would happen … and they’re portraying a period of time that clearly had a lot of racism and exclusion.”
    She added, “I understand they want to make the Brad Pitt character this super bad-ass who could beat up Bruce Lee. But they didn’t need to treat him in the way that white Hollywood did when he was alive.”
    Instead of giving him nuance, Lee felt her father came off as an “arrogant ******* who was full of hot air,” instead of “someone who had to fight triple as hard as any of those people did to accomplish what was naturally given to so many others.”
    The second thing that’s a problem is something that Lee said she experienced as she watched the film over the weekend. “It was really uncomfortable to sit in the theater and listen to people laugh at my father,” she said.
    https://www.themarysue.com/bruce-lee...-in-hollywood/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Bendis says there are 34 members of this team, knowing him, he'll use his ten favorites, Jon, and have the rest show up when needed. He may possibly use the legionnaires you mentioned. I liked Invisible Kid (Jaques Foccart) and Kid Quantum as well.

I still don't like Dawny's redesign though.
    I'm hoping for the best with Bendis. I'm a long-time Avengers' fan, and I actually did enjoy Bendis' run on the title.

Dawny has always been my favorite Legionnaires (she so fine). I'm not liking the new design. Hopefully, she will get a new design within the first year of stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Bruce Lee's daughter has expressed criticism of the depiction of her father in Tarantino's Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

https://www.themarysue.com/bruce-lee...-in-hollywood/
    Matthew Polly, who wrote the biography Bruce Lee: A Life said that the argument that leads into the fight with Booth in the movie would never have happened, because of the respect that Lee had for Clay. “Bruce revered Cassius Clay (Ali); he never trash talked him in real life. Bruce never used jumping kicks in an actual fight. And even if he did, there wasn’t a stuntman in Hollywood fast enough to catch his leg and throw him into a car,” Polly said

I'm a life long Bruce Lee fan; studied martial arts because of Bruce Lee and personally met Masters who have trained with, learned from, and sparred Bruce Lee. I can kinda see Bruce getting hit by a lucky punch but for his leg to be caught in mid air by a stunt guy in the 60's, no way, total BS! Bruce was fast that the film cameras had to be slowed down to capture some of his kicks (Proof: Enter the Dragon, fights scene with Mr. Han before they enter the mirror room). Bruce would also never speak bad about Muhammad Ali; that was one of his heroes. He added Ali's footwork into his JKD system which you can see in all of Bruce Lee's movies. I don't know what was in Tarantino's mind but these are known, easy to find, facts and as the fan of Bruce Lee, he claims to be should have known.
    "On working through writers block"

So I was standing in my garden at three in the morning with a glass of whiskey, smoking furiously and swearing at the sky, reduced to waiting for the thunder bolt to hit when...

Warren Ellis

Season 3 of Marvel's Runaways will crossover with Cloak & Dagger.