Page 274 of 824 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324374774 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 12354
    Extraordinary Member

Reagan predates gangsta rap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acPLo0MRN5M

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

So, which are the most popular black superheroes at Marvel and DC? Would it be these?

Marvel:

Storm
    Luke Cage
    Black Panther
    Bishop
    Falcon
    M
    War Machine
    Spectrum
    Cloak
    Oya

DC:

Cyborg
    John Stewart
    Black Lightning
    Mr. Terrific
    Vixen
    Jason Rusch
    Natasha Irons
    Bumblebee
    Bronze Tiger
    Voodoo
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 08-05-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    So, which are the most popular black superheroes at Marvel and DC? Would it be these?

Marvel:

Storm
    Luke Cage
    Black Panther
    Bishop
    Falcon
    M
    War Machine
    Spectrum
    Cloak
    Oya
    I hope that isn't supposed to be some sort of order lol

Are you including outside of comic stuff? Or just comics?

Anyway...

T'challa
    Miles Morales
    Falcon
    Rhodey
    Cage
    Storm
    Blade
    Okoye
    Shuri
    Spectrum
    Voodoo
    Bishop
    Misty Knight
    Cloak
    Nick Fury

Probably easy top 15
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Anyway...

T'challa
    Miles Morales
    Falcon
    Rhodey
    Cage
    Storm
    Blade
    Okoye
    Shuri
    Spectrum
    Voodoo
    Bishop
    Misty Knight
    Cloak
    Nick Fury

Probably easy top 15
    Black Panther is one of the top 10 heroes in the world outright, no qualifiers.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Anyway...

T'challa
    Miles Morales
    Falcon
    Rhodey
    Cage
    Storm
    Blade
    Okoye
    Shuri
    Spectrum
    Voodoo
    Bishop
    Misty Knight
    Cloak
    Nick Fury

Probably easy top 15
    I was going by the number of comic issue appearances as listed on Comicvine. It could always be inaccurate and it can be argued popularity isn't always directly tied to appearances, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/marve...31/characters/

Storm - 8613 appearances
    Luke Cage - 2716 appearances
    Black Panther - 2634 appearances
    Bishop - 2483 appearances
    Falcon - 2155 appearances
    M - 1394 appearances
    War Machine - 1379 appearances
    Spectrum - 873 appearances
    Cloak - 796 appearances
    Oya - 747 appearances

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Black Panther is one of the top 10 heroes in the world outright, no qualifiers.
    Spider-Man
    Batman
    Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Hulk
    Wolverine
    Iron Man
    Captain America
    Thor

.... Well **** lol. You can definitely make that argument.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I was going by the number of comic issue appearances as listed on Comicvine. It could always be inaccurate and it can be argued popularity isn't always directly tied to appearances, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/marve...31/characters/

Storm - 8613 appearances
    M - 1394 appearances
    Cloak - 796 appearances
    Oya - 747 appearances
    Not all appearances are created equal.

BP and Miles both have over 200 solo comics for instance.

Despite storms massive number appearances, she has like... 14? for example.

And then you add in outside comic appearances and things shift massively.

Not all appearances are created equal.

BP and Miles both have over 200 solo comics for instance.

Despite storms massive number appearances, she has like... 14? for example.

And then you add in outside comic appearances and things shift massively.
    Yeah, that's a valid point as well, such as for example how Black Panther's 1998 solo series (aka Volume 3) continuously lasted for 62 issues from 1998-2003:

Last edited by Electricmastro; 08-05-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Marvel:

Storm
    Luke Cage
    Black Panther
    Bishop
    Falcon
    M
    War Machine
    Spectrum
    Cloak
    Oya

DC:

Cyborg
    John Stewart
    Black Lightning
    Mr. Terrific
    Vixen
    Connor Hawke
    Jason Rusch
    Natasha Irons
    Bumblebee
    Bronze Tiger
    While all characters have their fans it would be a stretch to call Oya and Natasha Irons "popular". Not sure if Connor Hawke is considered a black character, or maybe that's just how I see it. He's half white, one fourth Asian and one fourth black (unless he's been retconned in one of dc's many reboots). But usually drawn as a white guy.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    While all characters have their fans it would be a stretch to call Oya and Natasha Irons "popular". Not sure if Connor Hawke is considered a black character, or maybe that's just how I see it. He's half white, one fourth Asian and one fourth black (unless he's been retconned in one of dc's many reboots). But usually drawn as a white guy.
    On second thought, yeah, his depiction is too inconsistent after all.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One thing that stuck out in my mind...

If the costume is suggesting that this fight that may or may not have actually happened could have occurred while Lee was playing Kato, the length of his hair seems like it might indicate that something funny is going on.

For folks that have seen the show, Lee's hair was nowhere near as long as that during the show.
    I just read this from the stunt coordinator Robert Alonzo:

The original version of the scene ended with Cliff emerging a more clear-cut winner, which declared Lee the loser. This didn’t sit well with either Alonzo or Pitt:

“I know that Brad had expressed his concerns, and we all had concerns about Bruce losing,” Alonzo recalled. “Especially for me, as someone who has looked up to Bruce Lee as an icon, not only in the martial-arts realm, but in the way he approached philosophy and life, to see your idol be beaten is very disheartening. It really pulled at certain emotional strings that can incite a little anger and frustration as to how he’s portrayed. … There’s a certain mythology and mysticism about who Bruce Lee is, which is understandable. Being an Asian American myself, I definitely related to how Bruce was a symbol of how Asians should be portrayed in movies, instead of the old Breakfast at Tiffany’s model that was really prevalent back in the day. … I had a difficult time choreographing a fight where he lost. Everyone involved was like, ‘How is this going to go over?’ Brad was very much against it. He was like, ‘It’s Bruce Lee, man!’”

Alonzo and Pitt successfully changed Tarantino’s mind on the matter:

Round 3 of the fight would have been a much longer battle in which both men kept going at each other, with Cliff eventually making what Alonzo called a “cheap-shot move” that put Bruce on his butt. But the point wasn’t to turn Bruce into the underdog, Alonzo told Tarantino. Rather, it was simply to “explain to the audience the level at which Cliff was [operating].” So Tarantino agreed to have the Green Hornet stunt coordinators break up the brawl before the third round, meaning no proper victor could be declared.
    "On working through writers block"

So I was standing in my garden at three in the morning with a glass of whiskey, smoking furiously and swearing at the sky, reduced to waiting for the thunder bolt to hit when...

Warren Ellis

Ultimate Member

Storm - 8613 appearances
    M - 1394 appearances
    Cloak - 796 appearances
    Oya - 747 appearances
    One thing you have to look at too is what TYPE of appearance was it.

Example Duke Thomas has 144 appearances.

He appeared in 13 out of 77 issues of Batman. Only issues had him appear in more than ONE panel.
    Issue 2 of Batman and Outsider-he was in ONE panel. Only 30 times has Duke done ANYTHING in a Batman related book.
    Yet certain fans will scream this boy RUINED Batman and that is why they boycott the book.

Hotspot in Sideways #4. I was expecting a team up but all I saw was Hotspot get used be bashed for being a Teen Titan and look a mess in his 3 appearances. Should have expect much from the HEAD of DC who wrote the book. Next time we see Hotspot he's in Heroes in Crisis dressed like Trayvon and Superman FORGETTING his name.

Storm has 8613-how many are cameos? Background?

Being in all those books like X-Men or Batman or Justice League means NOTHING if all you do NOTHING in those books.

Like Mindofshadow said-got OUTSIDE comics-different story.

See Bumblebee. She is NOTHING like her comic version. She is a fully develop person in Teen Titans, Titans GO & Young Justice.
    Same with Aqualad.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    One thing you have to look at too is what TYPE of appearance was it.

Example Duke Thomas has 144 appearances.

He appeared in 13 out of 77 issues of Batman. Only issues had him appear in more than ONE panel.
    Issue 2 of Batman and Outsider-he was in ONE panel. Only 30 times has Duke done ANYTHING in a Batman related book.
    Yet certain fans will scream this boy RUINED Batman and that is why they boycott the book.

Hotspot in Sideways #4. I was expecting a team up but all I saw was Hotspot get used be bashed for being a Teen Titan and look a mess in his 3 appearances. Should have expect much from the HEAD of DC who wrote the book. Next time we see Hotspot he's in Heroes in Crisis dressed like Trayvon and Superman FORGETTING his name.

Storm has 8613-how many are cameos? Background?

Being in all those books like X-Men or Batman or Justice League means NOTHING if all you do NOTHING in those books.

Like Mindofshadow said-got OUTSIDE comics-different story.

See Bumblebee. She is NOTHING like her comic version. She is a fully develop person in Teen Titans, Titans GO & Young Justice.
    Same with Aqualad.
    Ah, alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal View Post
    I just read this from the stunt coordinator Robert Alonzo:

The original version of the scene ended with Cliff emerging a more clear-cut winner, which declared Lee the loser. This didn’t sit well with either Alonzo or Pitt:

“I know that Brad had expressed his concerns, and we all had concerns about Bruce losing,” Alonzo recalled. “Especially for me, as someone who has looked up to Bruce Lee as an icon, not only in the martial-arts realm, but in the way he approached philosophy and life, to see your idol be beaten is very disheartening. It really pulled at certain emotional strings that can incite a little anger and frustration as to how he’s portrayed. … There’s a certain mythology and mysticism about who Bruce Lee is, which is understandable. Being an Asian American myself, I definitely related to how Bruce was a symbol of how Asians should be portrayed in movies, instead of the old Breakfast at Tiffany’s model that was really prevalent back in the day. … I had a difficult time choreographing a fight where he lost. Everyone involved was like, ‘How is this going to go over?’ Brad was very much against it. He was like, ‘It’s Bruce Lee, man!’”

Alonzo and Pitt successfully changed Tarantino’s mind on the matter:

Round 3 of the fight would have been a much longer battle in which both men kept going at each other, with Cliff eventually making what Alonzo called a “cheap-shot move” that put Bruce on his butt. But the point wasn’t to turn Bruce into the underdog, Alonzo told Tarantino. Rather, it was simply to “explain to the audience the level at which Cliff was [operating].” So Tarantino agreed to have the Green Hornet stunt coordinators break up the brawl before the third round, meaning no proper victor could be declared.
    Id have rather Bruce lost via Brad Pitt using a cheap shot. That way it keeps everyones integrity. You showcase Pitts character is a ruthless fighter willing to "cheat" to win (very tarantino) whilst allowing the idea that Bruce could easily win in a fair fight

Auli’i Cravalho and Queen Latifah will star as Ariel and Ursula in a live concert version of The Little Mermaid.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-live-actio...-on-1836976555