Page 294 of 827 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394794 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 12391

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    So what do you guys think about this Denzel Washington fancasting as Magneto thing? If I hear the Malcolm X, Dr. King comparison between Magneto and Xavier one more time my head is going to explode. It's such a shallow comparison that does Malcolm and Martin a major disservice.
    Concerning MCU casting a black man as Prof X or Magneto....
    GrindrStone(D)

So what do you guys think about this Denzel Washington fancasting as Magneto thing? If I hear the Malcolm X, Dr. King comparison between Magneto and Xavier one more time my head is going to explode. It's such a shallow comparison that does Malcolm and Martin a major disservice.
    I'm kind of torn here, One of the big driving forces behind Magneto is his experience in the holocaust to give his such a hatred to all of man kind. It would be hard to recreate such an event unless he is a survivor from Darfur or some horrific event like that. To make him American he would not seem fitting and would push over to the Malcolm X trope (especially if it is Denzel playing the part).
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

I'd rather them do a story based on the Mutant Massacre and have Sinister be the villain.

I'm bored with Magneto on film.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

Not against black Magneto but it would be a waste to cast Denzel. I want to see Denzel play Blue Marvel breathe life into a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    I'm kind of torn here, One of the big driving forces behind Magneto is his experience in the holocaust to give his such a hatred to all of man kind.
    Actually the loss of his 1st kid and the rejection he faced when Magda saw him use his powers against those villagers that stopped him from saving the kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    It would be hard to recreate such an event unless he is a survivor from Darfur or some horrific event like that. To make him American he would not seem fitting
    eh I bet you'd fine More than a couple of people who were alive/lived through Jim Crow south that'd disagree
    GrindrStone(D)

Invincible Member

This is exactly how I feel.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I'd rather them do a story based on the Mutant Massacre and have Sinister be the villain.

I agree. He's been so played out and watered down and has been yo-yo'd so much on screen between good and evil that one doesn't even know what to think of his cinematic version anymore. Also, there are tons of great X-Men villains that need usage. Personally, I'd love to see a movie featuring Mojoworld or the Uncanny X-Force Dark Seed arc.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Hollywood is really out to turn every red head into a black person.lol Matt Reeves Batman is supposedly casting Jeffrey Wright as Jim Gordon which means Barbara Gordon will mixed or black. This is delicious funny Annie, Little Mermaid, Wally West,maybe Barbara Gordon. The more people complain about the more it keeps happening

Even if Barbara is black, it doesn't mean she won't be a redhead.

I can't see it being handled well at all assuming it's true. Then again, I feel like the way the X-Men franchise has handled Magneto being Jewish has been really messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I can't see it being handled well at all assuming it's true. Then again, I feel like the way the X-Men franchise has handled Magneto being Jewish has been really messed up.
    He barely acknowledges it. He ceased practicing and became kind of atheist after Auschwitz

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    eh I bet you'd fine More than a couple of people who were alive/lived through Jim Crow south that'd disagree
    they'd be wrong

Not to "rank bad ****" but Holocaust is really really really hard to top.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Magneto was played twice now by great actors. Had two different arcs. I see no reason to run it back a third time.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

According to Iger in his new book - The Ride of A Lifetime - that decision came after Marvel Entertainment put forward some pretty shocking concerns about movies with diverse characters.

Iger reveals that Kevin Feige was on board with Black Panther from the start but an unnamed Marvel executive in New York said they were reluctant to let it happen because movies led by black actors often underperformed at the international box office. "I’ve been in the business long enough to have heard every old argument in the book, and I’ve learned that old arguments are just that: old, and out of step with where the world is and where it should be," Iger writes.

"We had a chance to make a great movie and to showcase an underrepresented segment of America, and those goals were not mutually exclusive. I called Ike and told him to tell his team to stop putting up roadblocks and ordered that we put both Black Panther and Captain Marvel into production."
    Ike is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Hollywood is really out to turn every red head into a black person.lol Matt Reeves Batman is supposedly casting Jeffrey Wright as Jim Gordon which means Barbara Gordon will mixed or black. This is delicious funny Annie, Little Mermaid, Wally West,maybe Barbara Gordon. The more people complain about the more it keeps happening
    When the New Gods movie was announced, the first thought I had was "I wonder if they're going to make Orion black?" He's my favorite New God, one of my favorite characters, and even if they don't race-bend him, I hope that he's not written like a perpetually angry, stupid, snarling brute, they take the "Dog of War" moniker too literally. I didn't like the way Tom King wrote him in Mister Miracle.