Page 295 of 827 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395795 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 12391

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Matt Reeves Batman is supposedly casting Jeffrey Wright as Jim Gordon
    Jeff Wright makes things better. For years he was my Moses (Magnum) but I think he's ageing out of that. One thing we've never gotten in Bat movie is Gordon being that stand up guy on the force when he was young that didn't follow the sides of the corrupt cops. Wright would crush that. It's easier to do like they did in the animation and you've got to keep the Bat the main focus I get but a de-aging flashback would be cool.

I didn't like the way Tom King wrote him in Mister Miracle.
    Yea he was kinda course. I've got to get through the whole thing still but some of the characterizations were not as dense as others.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    When the New Gods movie was announced, the first thought I had was "I wonder if they're going to make Orion black?" He's my favorite New God, one of my favorite characters, and even if they don't race-bend him, I hope that he's not written like a perpetually angry, stupid, snarling brute, they take the "Dog of War" moniker too literally. I didn't like the way Tom King wrote him in Mister Miracle.
    I like what I've read of Mr Miracle although I haven't finished it yet. I kinda have to be in the right mood to read it. But yeah, I almost look at it as out of canon thing, these aren't quite the personalities of these characters we're used to.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Hollywood is really out to turn every red head into a black person.lol Matt Reeves Batman is supposedly casting Jeffrey Wright as Jim Gordon which means Barbara Gordon will mixed or black. This is delicious funny Annie, Little Mermaid, Wally West,maybe Barbara Gordon. The more people complain about the more it keeps happening
    I actually liked the expanded role Lucius Fox played in the Nolan films. Fox might disappear completely.

I am really hoping that does not happen.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 09-24-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Actually the loss of his 1st kid and the rejection he faced when Magda saw him use his powers against those villagers that stopped him from saving the kid
    eh I bet you'd fine More than a couple of people who were alive/lived through Jim Crow south that'd disagree
    His history and experiences surviving Nazi Germany, Auschwitz, and Vinnytsia (the latter is where the events you mentioned) shape his outlook on the situation that mutants face and made him determined to keep such atrocities from ever being committed against mutantkind along with his meeting Professor X in Israel as they exchange their philosophy of how mutantkind should deal with society. This will be hard to recreate in an American (even in pre-civil rights era) without creating another Kilmonger type villain, which has ready been done, and will totally bring on the Malcolm X comparison. And may also bring on the criticism that Marvel only knows how to make one type of black bad guy.

I would agree that the X-Men have such a large gallery of people to go head to head with and with Magneto being in every single X-Men move I think it is time to move on.
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 09-24-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    His history and experiences surviving Nazi Germany, Auschwitz, and Vinnytsia (the latter is where the events you mentioned) shape his outlook on the situation that mutants face and made him determined to keep such atrocities from ever being committed against mutantkind. This will be hard to recreate in an American (even in pre-civil rights error) without creating another Kilmonger type villain, which has ready been done, and will totally bring on the Malcolm X comparison. And may also bring on the criticism that Marvel only knows how to make one type of black bad guy.

I would agree that the X-Men have such a large gallery of people to go head to head with and with Magneto being in every single X-Men move I think it is time to move on.
    IMO, the background for Magneto should not be changed. The MCU should just make it clear that mutants enjoy a longer life span to explain his age.

Extraordinary Member

Funny enough, after the opening scene in Poetic Justice, I always wanted Billy Zane to play Xavier.

For the MCU, I hope actual (and underutilized) POC mutants are used to further differentiate from the Fox films.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    IMO, the background for Magneto should not be changed. The MCU should just make it clear that mutants enjoy a longer life span to explain his age.
    Eh, maybe they could say that Magneto in particular has a longer life span, but I personally wouldn't want that to be a trait for all mutants.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    they'd be wrong

Not to "rank bad ****" but Holocaust is really really really hard to top.

Pretty much, You essentially have the three great travesties, The wipe out of native americans, the transatlantic slave trade, and the Holocaust. These are the cases where literally millions of people were brutally slaughtered and tortured. Jim Crow was bad, but nothing like these three cases.

If they want a more diverse casting for Magneto …...they can make him one of the Sephardic jewish groups who survived the holocaust. These include Kavkazim ( Russian jews of Persian descent) , Gruzinim ( Gerogian jews of Iraqi descent) and Krymchaks ( jewish Crimean tartars)

those groups never get depicted and yet they went through the holocaust as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Eh, maybe they could say that Magneto in particular has a longer life span, but I personally wouldn't want that to be a trait for all mutants.
    As far as comics go, Atlanteans & Inhumans enjoy longer life spans. One would think mutants would, too.

Magneto explicitly is able to rejuvenate himself using the earth's magnetic field. This is cannon in the comics

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Magneto explicitly is able to rejuvenate himself using the earth's magnetic field. This is cannon in the comics
    Okay, even by comic book science standards this is nuts. How the hell does the earth's magnetic field slow down the aging process?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Okay, even by comic book science standards this is nuts. How the hell does the earth's magnetic field slow down the aging process?

To quote Joe Q

Its magic, we don't have to explain it

An interesting article here pointing out that changing Magneto's origin would be taking away representation of Jews in media

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/why-...5QzXoXqF99_e74

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    As far as comics go, Atlanteans & Inhumans enjoy longer life spans. One would think mutants would, too.
    Disagree. Not sure what one has to do with the other. Some mutants do like Wolverine because of his healing factor but that doesn't (and shouldn't IMO) apply to all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    If you say so. I haven't been keeping up with the X-books. At one point it was canon that he was de-aged by some alien or something and that was why he wasn't as old as he should have been (once they retconned in the holocaust origin).
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store