Page 297 of 828 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397797 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 12411

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Oh wow, that tells you how in the dark I am, I had no idea he was part of the Trump Administration lol.
    He's on the veterans board.

"April 2017, Perlmutter was categorized by The New York Times as one of the "Clubgoers" among twenty people whom President Trump consults "outside the White House gates". He "has been informally advising ... on veterans issues [and] ... has been a presence" at Mar-a-Lago, according to the account.[23]

In August 2018 non-profit news organization ProPublica reported that Trump had informally authorized three members of his Mar-a-Lago club to direct policy at the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and issue instructions to Secretary of Veterans Affairs Peter O'Rourke. Perlmutter was named among the three, collective known as the Mar-a-Lago Crowd.[24] The author of the article obtained "hundreds of documents" through the Freedom of Information Act that show the three were in daily contact with the agency, "reviewing all manner of policy and personnel decisions" and that "they prodded the VA to start new programs, and officials travelled to Mar-a-Lago at taxpayer expense to hear their views."[24] VA staffers have claimed that the three men got control over the department as “spoils” to reward them for their support of Trump. Their influence over the VA, including VA staff traveling to Mar-a-Lago to meet with them, carried on into 2019.[25]"

Ultimate Member

I don't understand how this is not bigger news. Like it's pretty much in book form now that the current CEO of Marvel is a bigot. Yet CBR is posting news about Kevin Feige doing star wars movie and not the fact that Ike is one of the primary reasons we had to wait so long for a freaking black super hero movie.
    Because it's NOTHING new. It's stuff we hear all the time when it comes to black or certain female movies.
    The International market has ALWAYS been a weapon to derail black films.

Look at Hustlers. $20 million budget and made 67 million in the USA. 10 million overseas thanks to Russia & UK.
    Ad Astar is doing better overseas.
    Shazam would be a FLOP if it depended on the USA audience.

And having if POC as leads is death overseas-explain these films-

Fast & Furious with 2 POC as leads (Rock & Idris) is KILLING IT overseas while bombing in the USA. With CHINA leading the way.

$16 million was the difference between Creed 2 making more overseas.

If making a PROFIT is all that matters-why would you CARE about a black film not doing well overseas if you already made back your investment?

Because you lose money. I agree its bullshit, but you wnd up losing cash due to exchange rate and having to pay out.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Because its been known for years, you dont sign onto the Trump administration if you have amazing ethical standards
    That'a another reason why the "SJWs have taken over Marvel and are pushing an agenda narrative" is overblown.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Okay, even by comic book science standards this is nuts. How the hell does the earth's magnetic field slow down the aging process?
    JET (juggalo electromagnetic theory).

Extraordinary Member

I don't understand how this is not bigger news. Like it's pretty much in book form now that the current CEO of Marvel is a bigot. Yet CBR is posting news about Kevin Feige doing star wars movie and not the fact that Ike is one of the primary reasons we had to wait so long for a freaking black super hero movie.
    Because Ike being a shitheel and a racist isn't news to Marvel fans or even people who just follow the Marvel Movies.

Because of this Feige's still in fans good graces for getting Marvel Studios out from under Ike.

N.K. Jemisin Discusses the Tough Questions Far Sector's New Green Lantern Asks About Policing

https://io9.gizmodo.com/n-k-jemisin-...ors-1838493102

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

It wadnt really stated what his ethnic background was just that he lost his family in massacre. It wasn't until Jewish writer Chris Claremont wrote a scene about Magnetos number tattoo
    Same with The Thing, it wasn't till 2002 he was established as Jewish. difference there though is that Jack Kirby always saw the Thing as Jewish and an avatar of himself, with the same cultural background and childhood experiences.

A new video has emerged of the prime minister of Canada in blackface

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/...27994285260800

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    A new video has emerged of the prime minister of Canada in blackface

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/...27994285260800
    I wonder who he was supposed to be....
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Because you lose money. I agree its bullshit, but you wnd up losing cash due to exchange rate and having to pay out.
    Waddayamean you lose money? Domestic hits really don't need the foreign market as studios make most of their money at home. They only get 25% of the intnl gross. A movie can make big money overseas but if it bombs domestic it's probably still in the red or just breaking even. The overeas market shouldn't be used as an excuse to hold back movies.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Waddayamean you lose money? Domestic hits really don't need the foreign market as studios make most of their money at home. They only get 25% of the intnl gross. A movie can make big money overseas but if it bombs domestic it's probably still in the red or just breaking even. The overeas market shouldn't be used as an excuse to hold back movies.
    Because in executive eyes they'd rather have ALL the US Dollars rather then give a cut to exchange rates, cinema chains etc.

Again, their logic not mine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Because Ike being a shitheel and a racist isn't news to Marvel fans or even people who just follow the Marvel Movies.

Because of this Feige's still in fans good graces for getting Marvel Studios out from under Ike.

Sorry, somehow I never knew that Ike was this bad. Though to be fair, I've never seen articles from CBR or other comic book websites calling him out for his bigotry, which doesn't seem right in my eyes. But yeah, somehow it was definitely news to me, and made me swallow a hard pill now when I look at marvel comics lol.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/courts/2019/10/01/amber-guyger-convicted-of-murder-for-killing-botham-jean

A Dallas County jury on Tuesday convicted fired police officer Amber Guyger of murder for fatally shooting Botham Jean in his apartment last year.Cheers broke out in the hallway outside the courtroom after the verdict was announced shortly after 10:30 a.m.
    Testimony in the punishment phase of Guyger’s trial will proceed this afternoon, with another round of jury deliberations to come after that. In Texas, murder carries a sentence of five to 99 years or life in prison. The charge is not eligible for probation.
    Guyger, 31, fatally shot 26-year-old Jean in his apartment last year. She had said she mistook his apartment for her own and thought Jean was a burglar. She is the first Dallas officer convicted of murder since the 1970s.

We'll see what kind of sentencing this bitch gets. Good on that jury though.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Sorry, somehow I never knew that Ike was this bad. Though to be fair, I've never seen articles from CBR or other comic book websites calling him out for his bigotry, which doesn't seem right in my eyes. But yeah, somehow it was definitely news to me, and made me swallow a hard pill now when I look at marvel comics lol.
    Well when Iger basically benched Ike was due to his being a dumb ass. You can't refuse to do projects because of your feelings like that. Iger wants to make money and pretty much laid the hammer down on Ike for it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.