Page 316 of 828 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416816 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 12408
    Astonishing Member

"50 CENT Bringing 'League of Black Superheroes' to QUIBI with TRILL LEAGUE"

https://www.newsarama.com/48304-50-c...ll-league.html

I follow this artist on Instagram, so I'm glad he's finally finding some major success.

https://thegww.com/american-gods-kah...medium=twitter
    Kahyun Kim, New Media in American Gods, won't be returning for season 3. That makes her the third POC actor not returning after Orlando Jones and Mousa Kraish

So has anyone seen Star Wars: Ryse Of The Skywalker yet? If so, how was Finn’s role in this film? Was it better than the previous film

Astonishing Member

Without getting into spoilers, yes he did have a better part than the last one. He wasn’t stuck on a side mission that ultimately didn’t matter.

Great, short YouTube documentary that just came out a few minutes ago:

It gives a brief overview on the people of color, women, and those of the LGBTQ community who are Star Wars fans. It does show how minorities of any capacity relate (and sometimes need to overcome extra barriers to relate) to Sci-Fi fantasy. Indeed, it's that question of relation that intrigues me. As an Asian-American, I always wonder how much I can relate to the struggle of other minorities. That theme of not finding someone to relate to in comics, TV shows, and movies, I never really struggled with it. A lot of the superheroes I grew up with may have been white, but that didn't serve as a barrier to being a fan. I never envisioned myself having blonde hair and white skin whenever I pretended to be Captain America. A lot of that had to do with the fact that I grew up in a community (predominantly white and Asian) that didn't make me feel different. Acceptance goes a long way towards relating to others. (Still, the absence of Asian-American men in media, that affected me in other ways. Yeah, there aren't negative stereotypes associated with you. But you're just a non-entity in society. NOTHING is associated with you. You're just the weird, asexual person in the background that weirds people out. But I digress.)

I think the clip shows just a lot of what has been discussed on this thread: the importance of escapism for minorities, how themes resonate, how there are barriers, and how those barriers are being overcome everyday.

Edit: Apologies, it appears as though the clip is part of a greater series related to the importance of Star Wars to minorities.
    Last edited by Tien Long; 12-21-2019 at 08:48 AM.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

So why didnt jj make it apparent about finn instead of hints?

Sounds like Tlj completely changed what abrams had planned. That movie gets worse and worse for finn
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Sounds like Tlj completely changed what abrams had planned. That movie gets worse and worse for finn

A lot of folks have issues with how Finn was done and his marginalization was done to pander to trolls. It is funny the two main ones who endured trolls got screwed the worst.

Even John had to complain to JJ about it. It's even sadder a spoiler had to be REVEALED by JJ at a press event after the film came out. Something everyone already assumed about Finn.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    A lot of folks have issues with how Finn was done and his marginalization was done to pander to trolls. It is funny the two main ones who endured trolls got screwed the worst.

Even John had to complain to JJ about it. It's even sadder a spoiler had to be REVEALED by JJ at a press event after the film came out. Something everyone already assumed about Finn.
    Johnson wasn't pandering to trolls. In fact, he has been very adamant about how letting fan outrage dictate the direction of a story is not a good idea. Abrams is a different story.

That said, in the typical tone-deafness on racial matters that this trilogy has shown so far, I am informed that they made Poe...spoilers:
    … a drug runner? Are you fucking KIDDING me???
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Tendrin; 12-23-2019 at 02:37 AM.

He crushed it. Even if it was his SNL greatest hits from over 30 years ago. What Tracy Morgan said in the open I bout fell out.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I havent seen it yet, but from what I've heard about the movie, TROS is a two-hour "Fix-it fic" that undid stuff the last jedi derailed. Some believe that episode 9 should have been 8, and TLJ never should have happened.
    I liked TLJ, and I do think that catering too much to fans can be a bad thing, but Johnson was so concerned with pulling the wool over everyone's eyes he forgot to tell a good story. The issue is the writing, and these last two star wars movies have bad writing and criminally underdeveloped characters.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 12-23-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Without getting into spoilers, yes he did have a better part than the last one. He wasn’t stuck on a side mission that ultimately didn’t matter.
    Interesting. So he did have a better role. I've seen the previous Star Wars in theaters, but didn't go to see the ROTS this time around, because I was very disappointed on how they treated Luke and Finn. Thanks for letting me know.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    So has anyone seen Star Wars: Ryse Of The Skywalker yet? If so, how was Finn’s role in this film? Was it better than the previous film
    It looked like they were setting Finn up to be force sensitive towards the end there.

Too little too late.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    It looked like they were setting Finn up to be force sensitive towards the end there.

Too little too late.
    So he is force sensitive, then! I agree that it's too little too late. I think he said this is his last film. It seems like this whole development process with ROTS is a disaster.