Page 317 of 827 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367417817 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 12396

After hearing some of the reactions from other forums, reviews, and some spoilers (which I don't mind), I don't think I will ever watch this film. It sounds like a big disappointment and not even worth watching. The Last Jedi really pissed me off on how Luke and Finn was treated. Finn being potentially Force Sensitive seems more like this director just wanted to give fans a little bone. I've been watching Mandalorian and it's much better than this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    After hearing some of the reactions from other forums, reviews, and some spoilers (which I don't mind), I don't think I will ever watch this film. It sounds like a big disappointment and not even worth watching. The Last Jedi really pissed me off on how Luke and Finn was treated. Finn being potentially Force Sensitive seems more like this director just wanted to give fans a little bone. I've been watching Mandalorian and it's much better than this crap.
    Him being force sensitive would explain how he broke his programming, that just adds on to the pile of missed opportunities, wasted potential, and bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Him being force sensitive would explain how he broke his programming, that just adds on to the pile of missed opportunities, wasted potential, and bad writing.
    There were lots of potential for good development with Finn it seems, but the directors screwed that up. And I'm hearing that him being force sensitive isn't even confirmed. It seems like the director just left it up to the fans to speculate whether he is or not. Talking about pathetic.

Since the latest film's box office doesn't live up to the predecessors, it does seem like this development has been disastrous.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    There were lots of potential for good development with Finn it seems, but the directors screwed that up. And I'm hearing that him being force sensitive isn't even confirmed. It seems like the director just left it up to the fans to speculate whether he is or not. Talking about pathetic.

Since the latest film's box office doesn't live up to the predecessors, it does seem like this development has been disastrous.
    For my ten cents, this was a result of producers splitting focus on too many different projects and not giving the actual trilogy its proper due. It's so weird how haphazardly this was planned.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Johnson wasn't pandering to trolls. In fact, he has been very adamant about how letting fan outrage dictate the direction of a story is not a good idea. Abrams is a different story.
    If Youtube is anything to judge by, the crowd that Abrams was trying to pander to are STILL mad and and the critics have noticed that Parts 3 seems to walk back every innovative thing Part 2 did.
    So the Critical media is calling the creators out fot cowardice and most of the P.O.'d fandom is STILL dunking on them.

So its lose-lose (except for maybe money-wise)

This is exactly why most of the other big SF franchises (specifically Trek and Who) don't pander to nerd rage.

Oh you are used to the Doctor being a professorial old dude? Well he's a young dreamboat now.

Used to the Doctor being a young cute dude? Ha-ha, now he's old again!

And now he's a she, just because.

https://twitter.com/ar1aster/status/...26autosize%3D1

Soooo, Abrams reveals that Finn was force sensitive all along. It's official.

Ayyyyyy, why didn't they do anything with him? Breadcrumbs after the fact.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I havent seen it yet, but from what I've heard about the movie, TROS is a two-hour "Fix-it fic" that undid stuff the last jedi derailed. Some believe that episode 9 should have been 8, and TLJ never should have happened.
    I liked TLJ, and I do think that catering too much to fans can be a bad thing, but Johnson was so concerned with pulling the wool over everyone's eyes he forgot to tell a good story. The issue is the writing, and these last two star wars movies have bad writing and criminally underdeveloped characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    For my ten cents, this was a result of producers splitting focus on too many different projects and not giving the actual trilogy its proper due. It's so weird how haphazkardly this was planned.
    I wouldn’t call it a two hour fix it, (because there are still many elements from last Jedi) but it does seem more like the movie Abrams would have made after TFA. Ironically he was following Johnson ‘advice’ and making the movie according to his ‘vision’, it was just different than Johnson’s. Doubtful that Abrams was pandering to the racist/ sexist trolls when he gave Finn a better part in this one (though the force sensitive aspect was wasted and the movie was mostly about Rey still, that is true. But last Jedi was even more focused on Rey and Finn was completely wasted) The producers really did need a more structure and a plan going in. It seems like they were completely planning on the Star Wars name carry the whole thing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    https://twitter.com/ar1aster/status/...26autosize%3D1

Soooo, Abrams reveals that Finn was force sensitive all along. It's official.

Ayyyyyy, why didn't they do anything with him? Breadcrumbs after the fact.
    Because they did not have this outlined out from the start.

If you were planning a trilogy with a franchise that box office profit is NOT an issue-you plan it out. Not play it by ear.
    So even if you change directors-you still have some plan of how it goes.

I mean if you have a former stormtrooper-wouldn't a BETTER plot be him trying to recruit OTHERS?
    Rose's sister-what a WASTE-she gets a toy and gets axed in less than 10 minutes? Too many folks were wasted in that movie getting killed off so quick.

This is exactly why most of the other big SF franchises (specifically Trek and Who) don't pander to nerd rage.
    Oh you are used to the Doctor being a professorial old dude? Well he's a young dreamboat now.
    Used to the Doctor being a young cute dude? Ha-ha, now he's old again!
    And now he's a she, just because.
    We also most got a Black Doctor if what Neil Gaiman said was true. Seems one was chosen but declined after getting death threats. I want to say he would been the Dr that Matt Smith took over or after him.
    Star Trek stopped caring when Star Trek Voyager came out and they REALLY stopped when reality sets in that Enterprise is the only series that is canon for both main Trek & 2009 Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because they did not have this outlined out from the start.

If you were planning a trilogy with a franchise that box office profit is NOT an issue-you plan it out. Not play it by ear.
    So even if you change directors-you still have some plan of how it goes.

I mean if you have a former stormtrooper-wouldn't a BETTER plot be him trying to recruit OTHERS?
    Rose's sister-what a WASTE-she gets a toy and gets axed in less than 10 minutes? Too many folks were wasted in that movie getting killed off so quick.

We also most got a Black Doctor if what Neil Gaiman said was true. Seems one was chosen but declined after getting death threats. I want to say he would been the Dr that Matt Smith took over or after him.
    Star Trek stopped caring when Star Trek Voyager came out and they REALLY stopped when reality sets in that Enterprise is the only series that is canon for both main Trek & 2009 Trek.
    What also really hurt Voyager and Enterprise is that they were network shows. TNG and DS9 were syndicated, so there was no expectation that they'd pull in huge ratings. But Voyager was the flagship show for the United Paramount Network with an 8:00PM time slot and they needed it to do big numbers. It got crushed. Same with Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Wait why didn't we get a black Doctor again? Like skyvolt was saying, one was chosen but quit after getting death threats. Heck his identity is still secret to protect him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Wait why didn't we get a black Doctor again? Like skyvolt was saying, one was chosen but quit after getting death threats. Heck his identity is still secret to protect him.
    Cause he quit of his own accord not because the executives forced him too. Maybe 13 is an attempt to get to it ?

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Cause he quit of his own accord
    Immaterial of his life getting threatened? If you're gonna skip not much to discuss. But Merry Christmas.

SW trilogy is just so... unplanned.

That starts at the top with KK.

Its not even on pace for a billion right now. Heads will roll
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Merry Christmas, everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    SW trilogy is just so... unplanned.

That starts at the top with KK.

Its not even on pace for a billion right now. Heads will roll
    What exactly has Kathleen Kennedy done right? I'm seriously starting to wonder now.

Then I found this. Of note, this part:
    "The report notes that Disney is considering hiring another woman as her replacement, at least in part so it’s not accused of mistreating women in power. Again, this is just a rumor for the time being, but it does make sense, considering the fan backlash following The Last Jedi, and especially The Rise of Skywalker, as well as the Solo flop."