Page 325 of 336 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 5026
  1. #4861
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,991

    Default

    Also there's an all POC cast called Rivals of Waterdeep. They're already 5 season in with 2 hours per episode. Pretty good stuff that I highly recommend.

  2. #4862
    MYTH SMITH ∞ !!! G. Boney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,291

    Default



    ^Anybody checked out this comic? Came out in December I think, but I just became aware of it a few days ago. The main thing that struck me was the similarity between the title characters and a character I'm working on (some here may remember I'm an indie writer/creator). Here is the concept art for my character done by artist Glenn Brewer (https://www.instagram.com/geebeezy3/ ) back in 2018:



    Neither of us invented the idea of a skeleton of course, but the fact both characters are wearing a "ribcage flak jacket" has me now in the process of getting the character redesigned once again. It sucks because that little addition was my favorite part of the redesign Glenn did here, but I'm not trying to have Dark Horse serving me papers lol. My books are super SUPER indie and it's doubtful they'd even be aware, but since they published it first I'm taking no chances lol.

    I also plan to pick up this book my next trip to the comic shop. Lemire writes stuff I like sometimes...
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

  3. #4863
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    That's pretty dope. I feel even among Unicorn's, black D&D'ers are even more Unicorn...y. Is there a such thing as a Unicorn with two horns?

    If it were broached to me, fate of the universe style, to field a D&D-esque game of all African-American's to save Earth... Well, until now I'd have to hastily make introductions to our new alien overlords.
    I know a bunch of heads were partial to Vampire:The Masquerade. Never played it myself.

    TSR came out with an Arabian Knights type setting Al-Qadim for AD&D/2nd Edition. Which might check off
    sone of your boxes.

    As far as I know it hasn't been re-released for 5th Edition but I am pretty far out of that loop now.

    The re release could have been out for over a year and I wouldn't necessarily know at this point...

  4. #4864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I know a bunch of heads were partial to Vampire:The Masquerade. Never played it myself.

    TSR came out with an Arabian Knights type setting Al-Qadim for AD&D/2nd Edition. Which might check off
    sone of your boxes.

    As far as I know it hasn't been re-released for 5th Edition but I am pretty far out of that loop now.

    The re release could have been out for over a year and I wouldn't necessarily know at this point...
    I never got into the world of darkness stuff. Too edgelord for me. D&D 5.E, I can't praise enough. The simplicity of the combat system and character generation lets me focus on the fun stuff (setting and story), without getting bogged down in dice math and grid mapping. Combat should be fun, but fast.
    Retired poster. You can't ban me, I quit

  5. #4865
    Genesis of A Nemesis KOSLOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I know a bunch of heads were partial to Vampire:The Masquerade. Never played it myself.

    TSR came out with an Arabian Knights type setting Al-Qadim for AD&D/2nd Edition. Which might check off
    sone of your boxes.

    As far as I know it hasn't been re-released for 5th Edition but I am pretty far out of that loop now.

    The re release could have been out for over a year and I wouldn't necessarily know at this point...
    As far as I know it isn't. I think the settings so far are Ravenloft, Eberron, and Forgotten Realms.

    I'd really like to see a revamp of the Dark Sun setting.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Strange Adventures, Far Sector, The Last God.

  6. #4866
    BCB 4sake Baned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    https://www.cbr.com/new-mutants-trai...shing-sunspot/

    This movie bombing on my birthday will be a extraordinary gift. Keep Wolfbanes & Magik actresses; hire a decent director/writers/casting department, Accurately and Appropriately cast Sunspot, Moonstar, Cannonball, Dr.Reyes, Karma & etc then try again few yrs.

  7. #4867
    Astonishing Member jetengine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/new-mutants-trai...shing-sunspot/

    This movie bombing on my birthday will be a extraordinary gift. Keep Wolfbanes & Magik actresses; hire a decent director/writers/casting department, Accurately and Appropriately cast Sunspot, Moonstar, Cannonball, Dr.Reyes, Karma & etc then try again few yrs.
    Define accurate

  8. #4868
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Define accurate
    Well, in Sunspot's and Dr Reyes' cases, I assume he means get an actor of the correct skin color.

    I've heard the actress who plays Moonstar is half-Native American. I do think the complaints about colorism are understandable in regards to her but then again it might be harder to find Native American actors that look closer to Dani.

  9. #4869
    BCB 4sake Baned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well, in Sunspot's and Dr Reyes' cases, I assume he means get an actor of the correct skin color.

    I've heard the actress who plays Moonstar is half-Native American. I do think the complaints about colorism are understandable in regards to her but then again it might be harder to find Native American actors that look closer to Dani.
    It’s not hard most these folks just don’t give a f&;:k cast lightest & whitest Ppl they can find because Of their in difference or & worldview

  10. #4870
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    It’s not hard most these folks just don’t give a f&;:k cast lightest & whitest Ppl they can find because Of their in difference or & worldview
    They aren't? Genuinely asking because I thought it was more common to see Native Americans that looked like the actress playing Dani.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-08-2020 at 10:34 AM.

  11. #4871
    Astonishing Member jetengine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,376

    Default

    Dr Reyes I suspect is a front, she's giving off Sinister vibes. Subspot yeah, but I'll at least give it to them they got a Brazilian actor and not just a latino with an accent.

  12. #4872

  13. #4873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Dr Reyes I suspect is a front, she's giving off Sinister vibes. Subspot yeah, but I'll at least give it to them they got a Brazilian actor and not just a latino with an accent.
    Drake is Canadian but that doesn't mean he should play Wolverine. Those soccer players in Sunspot's origin story weren't beating him up for being from Brazil.
    Retired poster. You can't ban me, I quit

  14. #4874
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post


    Coming next month!
    That looks great!

  15. #4875
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,106

    Default

    Mayor Pete’s Invisible Black Police

    https://www.theroot.com/mayor-pete-s...ice-1840727624

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •