Page 328 of 828 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378428 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 12408
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://testmeyouwillfail.tumblr.com...never-wants-to

John CHo talks about his first acting role (on the Jeff Foxworthy Show) and how he NEVER wanted to feel that way again.
    That had to be backstage stuff. I actually hunted this episode down (S2: Twister of fate, found it on the roku channel) and Cho barely had three lines and no one called out his ethnicity or his accent. I thought I was gonna see something a lot more shameful.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    That had to be backstage stuff. I actually hunted this episode down (S2: Twister of fate, found it on the roku channel) and Cho barely had three lines and no one called out his ethnicity or his accent. I thought I was gonna see something a lot more shameful.
    Did Roku have the original first time airing or a rerun or syndicated one or a USA or other country version?

Sometimes what happens with a show that airs the first time, it get edited and not always for syndication.

Married With Children season 3-the episode with the Guttercats. The version I taped featured Bud asking some girls if they had high morale standards and dismissed the ones who raised their hands. As they walked past him and out of the scenes he said "and you call yourself sluts."

Syndication nor the DVD sets have this scene. If you lived overseas-you never saw it because they get syndicated versions.

In Live Color season 1-the infamous Bill Dee Williams Colt 45 skit did not air after its first showing.

A Different World season 5 first episode-Colonel Taylor and his son Terrance had a conversation about Terrance's trip. It was implied that "he got deflowered" during that trip. That scene has not been seen since.

Total Drama Island- Revenge of the Island. Had two endings. Only is the USA did Lightning win. Everywhere else Cameron won.

Didn't know they made a show based on the Resident Alien comics. I have the first two mini-series. Good comic, IMO. Looks like the adaptation has gone the goofy route.

One of the main supporting characters (in the comic book version) is a native American woman (if anyone was wondering how this relates to "Minorities in Comics...")
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Did Roku have the original first time airing or a rerun or syndicated one or a USA or other country version?

Sometimes what happens with a show that airs the first time, it get edited and not always for syndication.

Married With Children season 3-the episode with the Guttercats. The version I taped featured Bud asking some girls if they had high morale standards and dismissed the ones who raised their hands. As they walked past him and out of the scenes he said "and you call yourself sluts."

Syndication nor the DVD sets have this scene. If you lived overseas-you never saw it because they get syndicated versions.

In Live Color season 1-the infamous Bill Dee Williams Colt 45 skit did not air after its first showing.

A Different World season 5 first episode-Colonel Taylor and his son Terrance had a conversation about Terrance's trip. It was implied that "he got deflowered" during that trip. That scene has not been seen since.

Total Drama Island- Revenge of the Island. Had two endings. Only is the USA did Lightning win. Everywhere else Cameron won.
    Hadn't thought of that. Makes sense that they'd clean up after themselves.

A large point about representation that doesn't always get stated is that part of the idea, is that it's always us as the target audience. We know what we look like and what could be, it's the majority that isn't always provided proper context. Film making shouldn't be as powerful of a tool as it is but it is. Birth of A Nation being shown at the White House 105 years ago is proof of that.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Joey Ansah revealed his street fighter adaptation will not be going forward after all

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Joey Ansah revealed his street fighter adaptation will not be going forward after all
    Too bad. I liked Assassin's Fist.

I love Doctor Doom. He's probably my favorite villain of all time. But, I seriously have to call bullshit on him being able to manhandle Blue Marvel, the way that he has been. Doom IS insanely powerful, but BM is one of the few fighters in the MU that Doom flat out can't outmuscle. Especially if he isn't wearing his armor. They'r doing a real disservice to both characters with this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I love Doctor Doom. He's probably my favorite villain of all time. But, I seriously have to call bullshit on him being able to manhandle Blue Marvel, the way that he has been. Doom IS insanely powerful, but BM is one of the few fighters in the MU that Doom flat out can't outmuscle. Especially if he isn't wearing his armor. They'r doing a real disservice to both characters with this nonsense.
    I feel like there's some unwritten rule (heck it might even be written, on a plaque somewhere) Doom will only ever face sound defeat by Reed. Which means any other hero he faces he'll defeat or it'll be a Pyrrhic victory. Or clown if he's facing a black man.

Speaking of clowning a black man, I Googled this and below the results of Doom Blue Marvel, is a video of a guy saying how it makes zero sense that Silver Sable was able to body slam Blue Marvel.

Marvel just isn't hiding it anymore it seems. Well not that they barely hid it before.

you guys are doing blue marvel a disservice by spending money on the book. you're giving them permission to treat Doc Brashear as a foil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I feel like there's some unwritten rule (heck it might even be written, on a plaque somewhere) Doom will only ever face sound defeat by Reed. Which means any other hero he faces he'll defeat or it'll be a Pyrrhic victory.

Or clown if he's facing a black man.
    Definitely a formal enshrinement on some level.

Tuh, been a while round here since 'Where's my money..... honey' came up in any context. Victor historically doesn't have many encounters with brothas as I can recall off the top, outside of the commonly known handful, i.e. Doomwar, bleh. It still goes to stand that folks who have issues with lauding over EVERYBODY, seem to find another gear when it comes to brothas. Nothing lasts forever though, yo.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Definitely a formal enshrinement on some level.

Tuh, been a while round here since 'Where's my money..... honey' came up in any context. Victor historically doesn't have many encounters with brothas as I can recall off the top, outside of the commonly known handful, i.e. Doomwar, bleh. It still goes to stand that folks who have issues with lauding over EVERYBODY, seem to find another gear when it comes to brothas. Nothing lasts forever though, yo.
    If it does come up in future, I imagine it will be retconned into being a Doombot. The only thing more ludicrous than Doom's victories is the lengths they go through to erase his defeats.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    you guys are doing blue marvel a disservice by spending money on the book. you're giving them permission to treat Doc Brashear as a foil.
    Yeah but where else are Adam fans supposed to go if they want to read about him?