Page 329 of 824 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379429 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 12354
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I feel like there's some unwritten rule (heck it might even be written, on a plaque somewhere) Doom will only ever face sound defeat by Reed. Which means any other hero he faces he'll defeat or it'll be a Pyrrhic victory. Or clown if he's facing a black man.

Speaking of clowning a black man, I Googled this and below the results of Doom Blue Marvel, is a video of a guy saying how it makes zero sense that Silver Sable was able to body slam Blue Marvel.

Marvel just isn't hiding it anymore it seems. Well not that they barely hid it before.
    What's nuts about it to me is that Sentry had Doom running scared. Sentry dusted him like it was nothing, full power, armored, in his castle. BM is Sentry level. Their fights should have been Doom struggling to keep one step ahead while BM keeps tracking him down, the hunter and the hunted, until Doom manages to clear his name and get Blue Marvel off his back. That would be a fun read.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I feel like there's some unwritten rule (heck it might even be written, on a plaque somewhere) Doom will only ever face sound defeat by Reed. Which means any other hero he faces he'll defeat or it'll be a Pyrrhic victory. Or clown if he's facing a black man.

Speaking of clowning a black man, I Googled this and below the results of Doom Blue Marvel, is a video of a guy saying how it makes zero sense that Silver Sable was able to body slam Blue Marvel.

Marvel just isn't hiding it anymore it seems. Well not that they barely hid it before.
    It's not all of Marvel, it's that horrible writer who's writing Doom. Both the Silver Sable incident and the Doom incident all happened in the Doom Book, I was really excited to see Blue cameo in Doom's book. But after seeing that first jobbing, I knew right away the writer was a hack and did not know a single thing about Blue Marvel. Of course the Silver Sable issue incident just confirmed my theory, though the fact that this was allowed through editorial screening indicate that side of the wheelhouse doesn't really care what happens to Blue Marvel.

Ultimately, it reflects my point that the Big 2 have no idea how to write a successful "powerful" black man. And by that I'm referring to top tier list. They'll give us street level to mid tier characters until we're blue in the face. But where at DC is someone who's Superman level strength? You look at CBR list of top 10 strongest hero in DC and not a single POC was listed. Marvel literally has one top tier strong man (blue marvel) and they're treating him like a joke. You best believe the big 2's huge problems with creating and writing top tier black characters was a top 10 reason why I started my own comic book series, because it's clearly obvious it's a good chance it's going to take one of us to do it right.

Former wwe wrestler ricardo rodriguez was racially profiled and assaulted by police

https://twitter.com/RRWWE/status/1226633368776794113

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah but where else are Adam fans supposed to go if they want to read about him?

They can do what everyone else does FAN FICTION or look at other places.

I mean that is what Black Panther, Cyborg a& John Stewart fans are doing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Ultimately, it reflects my point that the Big 2 have no idea how to write a successful "powerful" black man. And by that I'm referring to top tier list. They'll give us street level to mid tier characters until we're blue in the face. But where at DC is someone who's Superman level strength? You look at CBR list of top 10 strongest hero in DC and not a single POC was listed. Marvel literally has one top tier strong man (blue marvel) and they're treating him like a joke. You best believe the big 2's huge problems with creating and writing top tier black characters was a top 10 reason why I started my own comic book series, because it's clearly obvious it's a good chance it's going to take one of us to do it right.
    Some of that falls on editors more than writers.

And that they allow.

Lion Forge's Noble was written by Marvel & Dc writers including Blue Marvel's creator. They had no issue showing how powerful he was.

Gail Simone had no issue showing how powerful his wife can be.

Superb & Image's Huck has no issue showing a disabled hero.

A lot of these guys can write-if you look at their work outside of the big two.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    They can do what everyone else does FAN FICTION or look at other places.

I mean that is what Black Panther, Cyborg a& John Stewart fans are doing.
    Adam appears in fanfic? Genuinely asking?

Ultimate Member

Adam appears in fanfic? Genuinely asking?
    Not that I know of but I have seen folks take matters in their own hands and make up their own stories.

Ultimate Member

Nair Love won best animated short at the Oscars

Astonishing Member

Some of that falls on editors more than writers.

And that they allow.

Lion Forge's Noble was written by Marvel & Dc writers including Blue Marvel's creator. They had no issue showing how powerful he was.

Gail Simone had no issue showing how powerful his wife can be.

Superb & Image's Huck has no issue showing a disabled hero.

A lot of these guys can write-if you look at their work outside of the big two.

Eh, those don't really focus on my point.

Neither Lion Forge or Image is the big 2, and Gail Simone has never written a powerful black male series (though I think Gail would probably do Blue Marvel justice.) From the writers who have gotten their hands on powerful black males, the only two I've seen who've done a decent job is the creator of Blue Marvel, and the creator of Val Zod. Other than that, from the content I've read from the big 2, it's been very subpar to grade A horrible.

A Nipsey Hussle documentary from Ava DuVernay is coming to Netflix.

https://news.avclub.com/netflix-wins...ary-1841589464

For those who play them what fighting styles would you like to see in fighting games that either haven't appeared or rarely do appear?

For me:

Bokator

Pankration

Limalama

Juego de mani

Kapu Kuialua

Okichitaw

Bartitsu

SPEAR system

Systema

Vovinam

Krav Maga

Eskrima

Lerdrit

52 Blocks

Yaw Yan
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-11-2020 at 09:29 PM.

Mighty Member

For those who play them what fighting styles would you like to see in video games that either haven't appeared or rarely do appear?

For me:

Bokator

Pankration

Limalama

Juego de mani

Kapu Kuialua

Okichitaw

Bartitsu

SPEAR system

Systema

Vovinam

Krav Maga

Eskrima

Lerdrit

52 Blocks
    Silat (from Indonesia).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Eh, those don't really focus on my point.

Neither Lion Forge or Image is the big 2, and Gail Simone has never written a powerful black male series (though I think Gail would probably do Blue Marvel justice.) From the writers who have gotten their hands on powerful black males, the only two I've seen who've done a decent job is the creator of Blue Marvel, and the creator of Val Zod. Other than that, from the content I've read from the big 2, it's been very subpar to grade A horrible.
    It's not their job to be that.

If the big two don't want to do it, you go to who does.
    You build them up and that forces the others to do better. In theory anyway.

The Big 2 like Tyler Perry get away with stuff because too many folks live and die by a BRAND name. So they know they can get away with crap because it will be defended.
    We hear ALL these complaints from the Black Panther in name only book to castrated Cyborg to forever in the background Storm and so on.

Yet when folks try to suggest INDY books-they get laughed at.

Titan Comics has 2 books with black male leads (at one point 3)-Rivers of London is over 60 issues.
    Vault Comics has black male leads in some books including a horror comic-Creature Features & The Mall
    Aftershock has done at least 5.
    Image has had a few.
    Mindcraft has done one.
    Boom just put out The Man who F****ed up Time last week.
    I can go to Barnes & Nobles and get about 10.

They have all done better than DC.
    If DC let alone Marvel can't see that-whose issue is it?

Not ours.

https://www.theroot.com/a-surging-am...iew-1841615265

Dwyane Wade Reveals His 12-Year-Old Will Go By 'Zaya,' Use Female Pronouns: 'This Is Our Opportunity to Allow You to Be a Voice'

It's not their job to be that.

If the big two don't want to do it, you go to who does.
    You build them up and that forces the others to do better. In theory anyway.
    Here here.

It's a long game also. Dawud Anyabwile created Brotherman back in 1991 for the same reasons and It hooked me back in the day. It was the first Indie I ever went looking for.

Also if one feels a live action movie or streaming series is the expected final form then that may not always be the creators end goal so expectations can and should be adjusted.
    Last edited by Surf; 02-12-2020 at 07:47 AM.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.