Page 330 of 826 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 12382
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's not their job to be that.

If the big two don't want to do it, you go to who does.
    You build them up and that forces the others to do better. In theory anyway.

The Big 2 like Tyler Perry get away with stuff because too many folks live and die by a BRAND name. So they know they can get away with crap because it will be defended.
    We hear ALL these complaints from the Black Panther in name only book to castrated Cyborg to forever in the background Storm and so on.

Yet when folks try to suggest INDY books-they get laughed at.

Titan Comics has 2 books with black male leads (at one point 3)-Rivers of London is over 60 issues.
    Vault Comics has black male leads in some books including a horror comic-Creature Features & The Mall
    Aftershock has done at least 5.
    Image has had a few.
    Mindcraft has done one.
    Boom just put out The Man who F****ed up Time last week.
    I can go to Barnes & Nobles and get about 10.

They have all done better than DC.
    If DC let alone Marvel can't see that-whose issue is it?

Not ours.

Again, not my original point. As an soon to be INDY publisher myself, I know all about us showing the representation that's desperately needed within the industry. But us getting the job done does not mean we stop giving criticism towards those in
    industry who pull subpar to horrible criteria. Everyone needs to be held accountable to the content that their putting out. Writers
    who can't write POC characters right shouldn't be given a pass just because there are other writers who can.

So if DC and Marvel can't get their writing straight when it comes to handling powerful POC characters, they deserve to get called out for it, not ignored because other writers can handle powerful POC characters.

I'm never going to get my Blood Syndicate HBO series and it makes me weep.
    Reimagined public domain superheroes in a 1945 that never was!
    Read the superhero webcomic THE POWER OF STARDUST!

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Gruenwald View Post
    Why what happen?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Nair Love won best animated short at the Oscars
    [/video]
    Nair Is The #1 Brand When It Comes To Hair Removal

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/12/u...old/index.html

Jussie Smollett has again been indicted in Chicago over last year's hate crime claims.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/12/u...old/index.html

Jussie Smollett has again been indicted in Chicago over last year's hate crime claims.
    Good. ( 10 chtrs)

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Gruenwald View Post
    Close enough in theory to fantasize about though right. On the high end it's pretty cock-tease adjacent. Yet on the low end it look like that insurance commercial, "whoop, almost had it there" and ya never really did at all. Hal mthafkn Jordan though, still has A-1 credit and plenty of backing to keep taking bites of that apple it seems.

Woulda' coulda' been dope though, I mean personally I'd prefer Icon and Rocket on HBO, man... I prefer to anchor those types of daydreams, sky being the limit for my counterparts and all. Icon though, he was more an elephant leaning brotha (least that's the form he took) but that was a Reagan/Bush era Republican. I don't know that Icon would still be team Red in Trump America. Rocket and hims prolly couldn't work out them same uhh differences, like they did back in the early 90's.

Anyway, even if I did get a Milestone/DC/HBO Max project I feel more than likely it would start strong, peak and then conclude as lame as Watchmen did.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Glad they included Christopher Priest in this, though they didn't mention he was also one of the original founders (and also designed the Milestone logo).
    Last edited by G. Boney; 02-14-2020 at 07:40 AM.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Good. ( 10 chtrs)
    They are gonna spend a lot of money and man hours to convict a guy
    or Felony Disorderly Conduct.

If they throw the book at him he'll get 1 and a 1/2 years in County.

Which really means 10 months in the system.

Sasha Banks will have a role in Season 2 of the Mandalorian

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...of-the-666499/

Queen of Katwe Actor Nikita Pearl Waligwa Is Dead at 15

Nikita Pearl Waligwa, a Ugandan actor who appeared in Disney’s 2016 Mira Nair-directed film Queen of Katwe, has died. She was 15.

The New York Times reports that the cause was brain cancer. Waligwa had been diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2016, and after a brief recession, doctors found the cancer had spread. Waligwa’s school, Gayaza High School in Kampala, Uganda, announced her death on Twitter on Sunday.
    https://jezebel.com/queen-of-katwe-a...-15-1841736171
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-17-2020 at 03:21 AM.

https://doomrocket.com/10-things-joh...tmas-tartarus/

Did any of you guys pick up the book "Tartarus," by Johnnie Christmas from Image comic?
    He also wrote Firebug and co-wrote Angel Catbird.
    The book is amazing in my opinion with a East of West/Incal vibe and it's written by a black man.
    The first issue is 5.99 for 44 pages of story and it was worth the money.
    I'm posting an interview about the series at the top.

Also out this week is "On the Stump," by Chuck Brown, "Lucy Claire Redemption," by John Upchurch, and the return of "Bitter Root," by David Walker, Chuck Brown Sanford Greene.
    Plus "Bang," From Dark Horse comics by Matt Kindt and Wilfredo Torres.

Five potentially great books by writers/artist of color, from this week and last.

Attachment 93366
    Last edited by Jamal; 02-18-2020 at 02:09 PM.
    "On working through writers block"

So I was standing in my garden at three in the morning with a glass of whiskey, smoking furiously and swearing at the sky, reduced to waiting for the thunder bolt to hit when...

Warren Ellis

I loved the banter between Willona and Florida on Good Times. And that one season she was the de facto main character...the show had problems at that point but she wasn't one of them.

RIP Ja'net Dubois.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I loved the banter between Willona and Florida on Good Times. And that one season she was the de facto main character...the show had problems at that point but she wasn't one of them.

RIP Ja'net Dubois.
    Sadly once the show lost Esther Rolle and James Evans the show really lost it that one season. Rolle came back but losing Evans was a blow to me. Him as the strong dad balanced JJ's schemes at times.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Rob on the Job

As a freshman at Bowling Green State University in 1977, I was in the room of one of my dorm along with a few other guys. I was the only white guy; the other four were black. "Good Times" was on the small TV in the room, and everyone was talking about the show.

Then one of the guys said something I still remember 43 years later. The character of JJ, he said, as "an insult to all black men."

It opened my eyes.