Page 332 of 824 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382432 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 12354
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Wow, so CBR has finally reported on Ike and his resistance to proper representation. I remember the conversation a while ago on how CBR seemed hesitant on reporting on these problems, I'm curious what brought the change of heart.
    Mark Ruffalo brought up Ike v Fiege and the reasons for it directly in a recent interview.

A Movie Star notices so now CBR does basically...

spoilers:
    So Gravedigger on Black Lightning is basically an evil version of Marvel's Isaiah Bradley.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    spoilers:
    So Gravedigger on Black Lightning is basically an evil version of Marvel's Isaiah Bradley.
    end of spoilers
    Is he a villain as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Is he a villain as well?
    Isiah Bradley? No he's not really an active hero anymore but he was one of the first test subjects for the Super Soldier Serum.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

So I remember seeing the second one in the 90's, haven't seen it since but I still feel the origin story was pretty tragic him being a slave and all. Wonder if there's a retcon...
    Eh, when I think of Tony Todd I will always think of him as, mthafkan BEN! Running the show, giving orders, killing zombies, until he didn't no more. 1990's Night of the Living Dead I had on VHS and DVD.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    So I remember seeing the second one in the 90's, haven't seen it since but I still feel the origin story was pretty tragic him being a slave and all. Wonder if there's a retcon...
    He wasn't a slave. His father was a slave but Candyman was a free man. And you can thank Tony Todd for that: Bernard Rose gave Todd free reign to come up Candyman's backstory himself. Same for Madsen and her Helen Lyle character. But you can thank the director of Candyman 2 for the name Daniel Robitaille: Tony Todd wanted to call him "Granville T. Candyman".

Yeah.

Here's a recap of the Candyman origin as told in the first movie. The second movie just gave us a visualization of it and an actual name other than...Granville.

EDIT: Ok, the uploader put that visualization from the second movie in a little box. Can't find a version without it, but for those watching this, that's the uploader, not how it appears in the movie.

Eh, when I think of Tony Todd I will always think of him as, mthafkan BEN! Running the show, giving orders, killing zombies, until he didn't no more. 1990's Night of the Living Dead I had on VHS and DVD.
    Tony Todd is involved in the movie, just to what degree we don't know yet. It could be just be mocap work (that's his reflection in the back passenger window when Anthony walks by it), it could be...MORE. I'm definitely excited and I trust Peele and co. I'm just hoping they've taped Philip Glass to return to do the score.

For those who don't know: this movie is a direct sequel to the FIRST movie. The main character is the baby Candyman kidnapped to frame Helen Lyle, all grown up. His mother is played by Vanessa Williams (the singer is the one who has to use the L in her name to differentiate), reprising her role from the first movie. What's confusing though is Helen is in this movie played by a different actress. I don't know if it shifted the events around of the first movie so she's still alive, OR if she's playing Helen as she appeared right before the credits. I'd like to think it was the latter; the first movie was pretty beloved so I don't see Peele et al wiping out its continuity in any way. But ignoring the events of the other sequels, oh yes.
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 02-28-2020 at 11:46 AM.

best of luck for the new version. not into ultra gory stuff though.. same with the Chris Rock/Sam Jackson Saw update.

So who said "Gee I sure wish we'd see some sort of continuation to Orphan (2009)"?

...tough cause you're getting one anyway. A prequel anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Phil Lamarr does a retrospective of his career.

https://youtu.be/p7pGdlxbooU

I seriously never realized the dude was in Pulp Fiction...

PS: Sorry, I completely forgot how to embed.��
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 02-28-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Phil Lamarr does a retrospective of his career.

https://youtu.be/p7pGdlxbooU

I seriously never realized the dude was in Pulp Fiction...

PS: Sorry, I completely forgot how to embed.��
    Yeah Mad Tv did a joke about him being in that movie during season 1.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I'm done around here. Not getting into specifics, but these forums are hopeless. Thanks for all the great conversations over the years, guys. Boney, I'm buying a bunch of your stuff. Goodnight and goodbye, all. Good luck out there.

Last post.

Dragonball has better character development than X-Men.

Peace.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I'm done around here. Not getting into specifics, but these forums are hopeless. Thanks for all the great conversations over the years, guys. Boney, I'm buying a bunch of your stuff. Goodnight and goodbye, all. Good luck out there.

Last post.

Peace.
    Sad to see you go. Good luck.

Last post.

Peace.
    Be safe. Be strong.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Extraordinary Member

Last post.

Peace.
    Best of luck to you. Sorry to see you go.

Stay well.

Last post.

Peace.
    Later man, hope you find greener pastures.

One Piece does too.