Page 334 of 828 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384434 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 12408

So I found out they are rebooting walker texas ranger with Jared Padalecki as Walker..

Now Walker was half American Indian in the show, something that was true of his actor Chuck Norris, who is Half Cherokee despite looking white.

Did they just whitewash that all away?
    Last edited by Gryphon; 03-11-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    So I found out they are rebooting walker texas ranger with Jared Padalecki as Walker..

Now Walker was half American Indian in the show, something that was true of his actor Chuck Norris, who is Half Cherokee despite looking white.

Did they just whitewash that all away?
    My research says he's "one quarter Cherokee".

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    My research says he's "one quarter Cherokee".
    Having done no research, unless you wanna count a couple of Delta Force watches cause nothing else was on back in the day, I'd say he's a handful short of Quickie Mart give a penny take a penny of even that quarter.

More importantly whose gonna be cast as the new brotha partner in the cornball 10gallon hat.

Shoutout to Clarence Gilyard. Who will always be the very first IT guy I've ever been introduced to back in Die Hard in '88.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Having done no research, unless you wanna count a couple of Delta Force watches cause nothing else was on back in the day, I'd say he's a handful short of Quickie Mart give a penny take a penny of even that quarter.

More importantly whose gonna be cast as the new brotha partner in the cornball 10gallon hat.
    Coby Bell. Technically. From the sound of it he's Trivette in all but name.

I got a funny feeling the point of this reboot is to make Walker more serious and as realistic as possible. Which, if I'm right, is a bad idea, but we'll see.

Mighty Member

Shoutout to Clarence Gilyard. Who will always be the very first IT guy I've ever been introduced to back in Die Hard in '88.

The first black IT guy for me is Geordi LaForge from Star Trek Next Generation/STNG.

Edit

Yes, I know he was technically an engineer but he was also the IT guy....he handled all engineering and computer hardware and software issues including repairs to Data who was an android.
    Last edited by Besouro; 03-13-2020 at 07:57 PM.

So I watched Game of Death for the first time yesterday and whilst a weird botch of a movie (understandable due to Lees death) it was enjoyable enough. What DID occur to me though was this is the earliest movie I've seen with a chinese main star and a white female love interest. And she's not fridged !

Navajo and Hopi families are setting up a Covid-19 relief fund.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/navajo-am...covid19-relief

Invincible Member

Unlike Miles Morales, Kamala Khan, and Lunella Lafayette, America Chavez is one of the newer, more diverse young heroes that I can't say I'm a big fan of. Riri Williams unfortunately, too ... both are characters I'm kind of "meh" about. Glad they exist I guess, for the the kids just starting to read comics today, because when I was a kid it was like Falcon, Storm, Cyborg, and Cloak, pretty much ... but yeah, just clearly not the target demographic for those two characters, I guess.

Edit: Could be I'm just biased against superheroes without alliterative names...
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Spectacular Member

any suggestions (to contribute to the diversity) herein my following silly thread?

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...action-figures

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I mean... I appreciate the efforts but this sista left a lot out for a topic that doesn't historically have much too it relatively speaking. No mention that there were like 3 Blacula movies, it was it's own universe. No mention of Blackenstien from the 70s, super trash movie but it has it's moment's. She skipped major parts of the 90s altogether- no mention of People Under the Stairs, Serpent and the Rainbow and if you want a deeper dive in to the sacrificial poc, and so maybe this is generational but Scream 2 used Omar and Jada to market that **** and if you were late 5 minutes you missed her and my man got it through the flimsiest bathroom stall ever.

Look, If you're going to bring up Sanai in AVP, as a standout well then you left out King Beef, Jiles from Carpenter's The Thing... that said, Mount Rushmore of Black characters in Horror is: Duane Jones's Ben, Tony Todd's Ben/Candyman. Keith David as Jiles, Sanai from AVP and Jordan Peele in the Abe Lincoln spot, boom.
    You bet yer ass.

I mean... I appreciate the efforts but this sista left a lot out for a topic that doesn't historically have much too it relatively speaking.
    Her actual class covers things more in depth than a youtube clip (which had cuts), no doubt.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    She forgot about LL Cool J. Probably the first blackman to survive 2 horror movies. HalloweenH2O and Deep Blue Sea.

A chick that's uber into Horror movies is/was a hard stop for me. I don't care if she looks like 'Right Stuff' Vanessa Williams from 1987, if she's down for a High Tension marathon that's a pass for me. She can be cool over it but like, not so much. So like I'm not a total dick about it, a sista couldn't have a whole Tyler Perry DVD collection around me neither. So many the fuckin' spines form a picture of Madea... I have judged woman by their entertainment choices more than their housekeeping if I'm being real.

I do appreciate this sistas reasoning behind it, having it being passed down and all. Actually, the thing that resonates with me more is that there are so many of our (by our I mean people 35 and up) parents and grandparents who have PHYSICAL scars emanating from the Civility movements in America. Tell them stories more.

Anyway, I feel somewhere there's a University with a semester Film and Society course called 'American Movies so bad, they're good'. Shoutout to taking a couple of cornball electives in the hopes of bringing up a dipping GPA. Fuckin' Physiology, quick story- Early 2000's I'm working 40 hours and taking a full class load at the same time, people do it all the time and respect to those who did it with kids...****. I didn't have the kids at the time but that grind is way hard enough. Passed Anatomy but failed Physiology the first time, had a wild old school Professor with the giant expensive hardback book and taking the long way through all the lessons. Boom, he retires, YES, the anatomy teacher takes over Physiology. She was a much better instructor, and made it low key kinda uncomfortable because I was the only brotha in these classes and she ya know wanted to make sure I had all I needed to succeed, thank you Dr. Clark but ya know, take it easy. Greatest 'C' of my life. So I pick a couple electives to bring up the rears of my failing Math (never rocked with it on any level, English is my jam) and Pysio. IUPUI has a Comics in American Culture class, bet! Professor was an old white dude but yo, comics, there's room to bond over that **** for a semester. He only had video classes so he was lazy and we only showed up to take quizzes on Saturday, alright, not ideal but still, comics. We go through his DULL-ASS lectures, one of which is about his favorite hero- Adam Strange, wha... FOH, I can't even LOOK at that character the same anymore. He actually made it tiresome, he spoke with no passion just... Anyway, Golden Age, pulps, Lee, Kirby, counter-culture, Frank Miller, MAUS the whole rip. After the first quiz where his goofy ass puts names to faces I found out his email communication is kind short. I'm still rockin though, I do two double space typed papers on Dave Michalinie's(sp) Armor Wars which was one of my favorite arcs and 1 on that 2-issue Alan Moore Swamp Thing where he went to Gotham. The final, was a little tougher than what I imagined but I planed to make it up with the papers. He gives me a B... BITCH!! One of the very few times I have been totally incensed. I give the course the sick bad review, go the my counselor vetting about this ******* and wanting a peer review or whatever I feel was due, I was wronged! Couple years go by I see this washed, muther fucker at a comic show, with his slow moving ass and it ruined the whole show for me. Brought ALL them feels back. I'm super tight, walkin up near him, low key following him, digging through a long box overly aggressive next to him lol. Then I said look, I had not long since got out of a gun case prior so consequences were still fresh in my mind. I was forced to keep it movin' that day. Some educators can instill a love of subject matter, some can make you hate a subject with the 1000 sun burn.

Apologize for the stream of consciousness, let's be real, folks got more time to read now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Her actual class
    Sure and I hope that sistas tenured. Get Out came out like 2 years ago, probably a sizable shift in her course before and after that one though I'd imagine.
    You bet yer ass.