Page 341 of 824 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391441 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 12354
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Especially because his quote was "I hate racists"

Who argues that ?
    Bigotry and racism have pretty much come out of the closet (not surprising since we have a President that’s openly bigoted). On social media and streaming sites (like YouTube), people have made money off being bigoted and openly sexist.

It’s stunning how far people go to justify their racism nowadays (the latest one I’m hearing is people can only identify with the appearance of their birth parents...which is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read).

In this clime, calling out racism now seems like a controversial thing.

Ultimate Member

It's the "racism will go away if you just stop talking about it" line.

Trump has said on occasion, "I'm the least racist person you'll ever meet." The reason he can say that with a straight face is that to Trump, everything is either the best ever or a total disaster. There is no in between with him. So if even one person is more racist than Trump (and let's be honest, there are a few out there more racist than Trump), that person can be the most racist and therefore by his own "no in between" logic, Trump must be the least racist. It's more twisted than a crazy straw.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I’m really shook by the death of George Floyd. It’s like..how can this be happening.

I recall writing about just how the US is a hotbed of racist ideology and it’s becoming clearer by the day that a lot of people have become desensitized towards seeing black people die. It clearly means nothing to a lot of non-black people. Every single time an innocent black person gets killed, you see folks rush to defend the killer and smear the victim...except in this case we can see a full grown man place his entire body on another man’s neck for 9 minutes. Imagine calling for help and protection from those that are meant to serve and protect.

Seriously, the “gangs in blue” effect in the police force is real and it’s high time something is done about this. Police brutality is a real problem in minority communities and it seems to be never ending because a lot of non-minorities turn a blind eye towards it (so much so that you have people compare being triggered on twitter to the real horrors that black people face in the US on a daily basis).

I’m legit scared for my family because being in the wrong place at the wrong time could amount to a death sentence.
    Well I hope that you use your feelings about your family and the US to be productive in whatever you choose to do tomorrow, next week, next year, etc., as the world will be going on even if you write over 100 pages about how much you dislike it after all.

I’ve thought this before in past cases of police brutality, but I hope it serves as further pressure and motivation for all the justice systems to reorganize themselves with less corruption and more responsibility, working with with activists or whatever it takes to do so. Not to say as if it will all be resolved tomorrow, but I’m sure the more momentum and pressure is put on these corrupt justice systems to do right the thing, the better.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 05-28-2020 at 11:09 AM.

I just saw the video in the death of George Floyd this morning after my aunt told me of protests and fires. I was like why?. I havnt been watching the news the last few days so I am late to the party. I am very upset by this. I am seeing the outrage and I thought to myself maybe this will be the time that changes things. Then I read a statement by the DA who said he has to spend more time reviewing the tape because he is not 100 percent sure that the officers violated procedure.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I just saw the video in the death of George Floyd this morning after my aunt told me of protests and fires. I was like why?. I havnt been watching the news the last few days so I am late to the party. I am very upset by this. I am seeing the outrage and I thought to myself maybe this will be the time that changes things. Then I read a statement by the DA who said he has to spend more time reviewing the tape because he is not 100 percent sure that the officers violated procedure.
    The fires and looting may serve as more fuel in corrupt forces out there being more hostile towards black people, at least ones they particularly feel are gang members ready to loot, and the cycle repeats. I don’t claim to know exactly every single step activists should do to step up in putting more pressure to corrupt systems and working with (or against them) in changing their ways, but surely fires and looting isn’t the prime way to go about it, is it?
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 05-28-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    The fires and looting may serve as more fuel in corrupt forces out there being more hostile towards black people, at least ones they particularly feel are gang members ready to loot, and the cycle repeats. I don’t claim to know exactly every single step activists should do to step up in putting more pressure to corrupt systems and working with (or against them) in changing their way, but surely fires and looting isn’t the prime way to go about it, is it?
    Not at all. I do not agree with that. I agree with protests. I agree with speaking out. But looting a Target is not how to get soical justice or change. It is opportunists looking to take advantage of a bad situation to commit crimes. It is things like that that take away from a legitimate message from being heard and understood.

When I was in prison there was a group of inmates who felt we were being treated unfaily by a couple of the CO in our housing unit. And they were right we were. There is a system in place for that kind of thing. File a complaint and ask for an investigation when there are CO who are abusing thier power. This investigation is done by an outside panel. rather then getting inmates together to sign statements and doing things the right way this group decided to start randomly attacking guards. They said if enough guards were hurt then things would change. Surprise surprise this did not work. This just led to a massive lockdown and the loss of privileges.

THere is a right way to do things and a wrong way. I know the right way is slow and it is upsetting when things dont change. but violence and riots are never the answer.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Well I hope that you use your feelings about your family and the US to be productive in whatever you choose to do tomorrow, next week, next year, etc., as the world will be going on even if you write over 100 pages about how much you dislike it after all.

I’ve thought this before in past cases of police brutality, but I hope it serves as further pressure and motivation for all the justice systems to reorganize themselves with less corruption and more responsibility, working with with activists or whatever it takes to do so. Not to say as if it will all be resolved tomorrow, but I’m sure the more momentum and pressure is put on these corrupt justice systems to do right the thing, the better.
    This is a forum about minorities in media, so this is where we discuss issues about this. Be it 10 or 100s of pages.

The thing is, it's not the responsibility of minorities to improve the situation. It's hard to make a difference when people constantly weaponize peoples race, sexuality and gender. It takes a collective effort that so far most non-minorities dont seem committed to. We've seen the reaction to peaceful protests by guys like Colin Kapernick and his endorsement by Nike. I'm not endorsing violence at all but unfortunately the people on the right tend to treat both peaceful and violent protests the same.

Anyway, from your tone I assume your white and clearly the issues here arent personal to you like it is to me. And I hope that as you are now informed about these issues you will also devote energies towards rectifying clear injustices in society.

Extraordinary Member

I’m really shook by the death of George Floyd. It’s like..how can this be happening.

I recall writing about just how the US is a hotbed of racist ideology and it’s becoming clearer by the day that a lot of people have become desensitized towards seeing black people die. It clearly means nothing to a lot of non-black people. Every single time an innocent black person gets killed, you see folks rush to defend the killer and smear the victim...except in this case we can see a full grown man place his entire body on another man’s neck for 9 minutes. Imagine calling for help and protection from those that are meant to serve and protect.

Seriously, the “gangs in blue” effect in the police force is real and it’s high time something is done about this. Police brutality is a real problem in minority communities and it seems to be never ending because a lot of non-minorities turn a blind eye towards it (so much so that you have people compare being triggered on twitter to the real horrors that black people face in the US on a daily basis).

I’m legit scared for my family because being in the wrong place at the wrong time could amount to a death sentence.
    I had to step away from the internet for a bit.

Folks were actually online deflecting & justifying Mr. Floyd's death.

The actions of Central Park Karen clearly demonstrate the desensitization you posted about.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

We need more constructive channels of anger. Certain segments of society are going to disapprove of any protests we do, but burning down your own neighborhood, is actually counter productive and actually sets you back rather than helps you move forward. How much money is going to have to be used to help rebuild, that could have been used more constructively?

The thing is, it's not the responsibility of minorities to improve the situation. It's hard to make a difference when people constantly weaponize peoples race, sexuality and gender. It takes a collective effort that so far most non-minorities dont seem committed to. We've seen the reaction to peaceful protests by guys like Colin Kapernick and his endorsement by Nike. I'm not endorsing violence at all but unfortunately the people on the right tend to treat both peaceful and violent protests the same.
    Well put. Now regarding the shitbird, Office Derek Chauvin, 44 years old, same age as me so he's not some goddamned relic from the pre-civil rights era. Come to find out he has 18 prior complaints and two letters of reprimand filed against him. That's the killin' part. The upper management KNOWS the ones in the rank that are prone and have had numerous complaints filed against them and the police unions keep those animals employed and out on the streets. Forget for one second that, I highly DOUBT that the next brotha on the force would be able weather THAT many complaints against him as an officer but what has this cost the city and the taxpayers? Cities have to fork over MILLIONS of dollars in legal restitution and for WHAT? The what is, for no other reason that a general white man shouldn't be denied to work.

Let me break out my Stradivarius over a looted Target, a couple of precincts went up to so... wasn't all for naught.

I'm also glad that the poor sista who was a first responder, shot dead in her apartment after a handful of animals served a no knock warrant,the boyfriends charges were dropped as they should. Prolly should clarify, glad but not glad knowhatImsayin, we so often have to settle for the very least when it comes to justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

The actions of Central Park Karen clearly demonstrate the desensitization you posted about.
    Yo, had that bitch not wrenched up that dog as many times as she did during her tantrum, on top of wasting the police's time, the outrage garnered would have been substantially less.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Well put. Now regarding the shitbird, Office Derek Chauvin, 44 years old, same age as me so he's not some goddamned relic from the pre-civil rights era. Come to find out he has 18 prior complaints and two letters of reprimand filed against him. That's the killin' part. The upper management KNOWS the ones in the rank that are prone and have had numerous complaints filed against them and the police unions keep those animals employed and out on the streets. Forget for one second that, I highly DOUBT that the next brotha on the force would be able weather THAT many complaints against him as an officer but what has this cost the city and the taxpayers? Cities have to fork over MILLIONS of dollars in legal restitution and for WHAT? The what is, for no other reason that a general white man shouldn't be denied to work.
    That is the big problem in the police departments across the country. As I said in the politics thread. The good cops the police chief's etc... all rush to say the actions of this cop dont represent us. But they kind of do when you know cops like this are a ticking time bomb and do nothing to stop it. After all the issues this man had he should not have been a cop let alone a cop on the streets. Everyone talks a bout community boards and such and that is a good thing to have. But what good are they going to do when the police protect their own. it isnt until a very public problem that they act, and even then it is like twisting their are to put a killer cop behind bars.

The DA in the town is still reviewing tape because he is not sure that Chauvin clearly and knowingly violated procedure. WTF!
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-29-2020 at 08:40 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    That is the big problem in the police departments across the country. As I said in the politics thread. The good cops the police chief's etc... all rush to say the actions of this cop dont represent us. But they kind of do when you know cops like this are a ticking time bomb and do nothing to stop it. After all the issues this man had he should not have been a cop let alone a cop on the streets. Everyone talks a bout community boards and such and that is a good thing to have. But what good are they going to do when the police protect their own. it isnt until a very public problem that they act, and even then it is like twisting their are to put a killer cop behind bars.

The DA in the town is still reviewing tape because he is not sure that Chauvin clearly and knowingly violated procedure. WTF!
    One of the disadvantages of having a union makes it hard to get rid of guys like that. Try firing a teacher in some states.

The cop who killed my cousin also violated a restraining order by his ex and probably should have been fired.

Also it's hard (depending on what state you are in) to learn about that stuff because all that cop (or school adminstrator) has to do is resign and go elsewhere. It's how they protect that pension.

I know folks yell about cops need report their own.

One of the issue in that is RETALIATION.

While in the hood it might be drive by shootings or straight up killing. That is not the only form of retaliation.

It can be bad or lower than expected evaluations.

Odd reassignments.

Or anything that can be done that does not smell like retaliation to the public.

Because truth be told this crap is being reported.

A lot of times the folks in CHARGE stand in the way of what is right. Been there.

Sometimes the PUBLIC has to take charge. Black Folks need to understand how powerful Freedom of Information Act is.

Especially in the hands of folks with plenty of time on their hands as my former principal learned.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    [font=georgia]Well put. Now regarding the shitbird, Office Derek Chauvin, 44 years old, same age as me so he's not some goddamned relic from the pre-civil rights era. Come to find out he has 18 prior complaints and two letters of reprimand filed against him. That's the killin' part. The upper management KNOWS the ones in the rank that are prone and have had numerous complaints filed against them and the police unions keep those animals employed and out on the streets. Forget for one second that, I highly DOUBT that the next brotha on the force would be able weather THAT many complaints against him as an officer but what has this cost the city and the taxpayers? Cities have to fork over MILLIONS of dollars in legal restitution and for WHAT? The what is, for no other reason that a general white man shouldn't be denied to work.
    It's more than that. Sometimes it's go after one and you get a domino effect.

To where you eventually get to a BIG FISH.

In some good news, lawmakers are working to make calling calling the cops to threaten black people a criminal offense.

https://www.themarysue.com/calling-t...minal-offense/