Page 348 of 827 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398448 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 12394

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How do you think police in media will be depicted going forward in light of all this?
    Well...how reliable is Mister H? Cause if he's reliable it was baked into a certain soon to be released horror sequel's ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well...how reliable is Mister H? Cause if he's reliable it was baked into a certain soon to be released horror sequel's ending.
    My apologies, I don't know what you're referring to.

Ultimate Member

How do you think police in media will be depicted going forward in light of all this?
    One media cop's perspective.

Cops have been depicted as both heroes and villains in modern media which is fair.

It's shows like COPS that are being pulled off the airwaves but I doubt sanitized shows like Law and Order or Brooklyn Nine Nine will change much.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-10-2020 at 09:21 AM.

My apologies, I don't know what you're referring to.
    Probably just as well, can't find it repeated anywhere else anyway.

Um...I don't know. the only cop show I watch is Law & Order: SVU, and they've tackled it from time to time. They do that ripped from the headlines bit (their bread and butter nowadays) so I expect to at least have an ep losely based on what happened to George Floyd. Other shows like Chicago PD and Blue Bloods...don't watch them so big question mark. I'm of the mind its not something that should be ignored though.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/punis...mpaign-a175946

Gerry Conway has decided to reclaim The Punisher's logo for the cause of equal justice with a Black Lives Matter fundraising campaign called Skulls for Justice.

"For too long, symbols associated with a character I co-created have been co-opted by forces of oppression and to intimidate black Americans," said Conway. "This character and symbol was never intended as a symbol of oppression. This is a symbol of a systematic failure of equal justice. It’s time to claim this symbol for the cause of equal justice and Black Lives Matter."
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I thought about the police and didn't mention them for that reason -- I still remember Christopher Dorner speaking about it a long time ago.

At least people can see now for themselves what black people have been telling them for generations about the police.

What they do with that information -- whether politically or socially -- remains to be seen.
    Nobody likes cops. That is what is so GD weird.

This has nothing to do with liking cops. People just don't like black people, so they latched onto cops as a way to counter it.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

I would love to see Lion forge get more fantasy comics like Final Fantasy and Devil May Cry starring POC characters. We rarely get to exist in this categories while having cool thought out action sequences.

I would even like to some more POC starring in Dragon ball z like comics. Us letting on an enemy or powering up in cool ways.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Kinda like Otto Porter who said to "pray for the cops" that killed Floyd

Like dude... do you not see how bad that sounds?

I mean, even his follow up comments seem brain dead

I mean, is it really the time to bitch about "black gatekeepers say im not black enough" ??? That is what he wants to talk about now?
    Michael Porter Junior I’m pretty sure he mean

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Nobody likes cops. That is what is so GD weird.
    I think some Women really buy into the idea of the Police being their protectors. This likely means they actually haven't had anything real jump off to the point where Cops actually got called.

Because various survivors of stuff are a lot more ambivalent to the Police I've noticed.

Chris's Comic Tropes is one of a handful of YT pings I have. OT his Tropes video on Jim Shooter is a fav of mine. Looks like he got a good one here he just dropped on Dwayne McDuffie.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    I would love to see Lion forge get more fantasy comics like Final Fantasy and Devil May Cry starring POC characters. We rarely get to exist in this categories while having cool thought out action sequences.

I would even like to some more POC starring in Dragon ball z like comics. Us letting on an enemy or powering up in cool ways.
    Because when this stuff get pitched-you have editors asking "do black folks REALLY do that?"

That is issue number one.

Now there are novels that have popped up with POC as the leads. The issue is finding them because most don't have a POC on the cover another issues.

River of London is about a black police officer in London with a bit of X-Files. He has 7 trades at Titan and about 20 novels.

When that book series was bought to the USA-the American publisher went out of their way to HIDE the fact he was black by not showing him on the covers.

In terms of movies and tv shows-very little.

Although I would suspect to see more positive cop stuff (more individual than a group).

Now for shows like COPS-I think that is over.

First 48 & Live PD-will be back with probably a more balance of who they show.

The issue with shows like those is how many times are you going to constantly show one race of folks?

Because for places where there are no black folks-shows like that feed into racism and stereotyping. Then you wonder why we see incidents at colleges between white kids and black kids.

This is what Ava, Jordan and all those black folks fussing in Hollywood need to pay attention to.

You can't scream more diverse voices and we get the same crap.

We got enough Boy in the Hood starter kit films and shows. We don't need The Chi 2.0 or Power 2.0. No more black male bashing films. We need some balance.

Not every black community is a Sh/t hole. Not every black school is messed up.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because when this stuff get pitched-you have editors asking "do black folks REALLY do that?"

That is issue number one.

Now there are novels that have popped up with POC as the leads. The issue is finding them because most don't have a POC on the cover another issues.

River of London is about a black police officer in London with a bit of X-Files. He has 7 trades at Titan and about 20 novels.

When that book series was bought to the USA-the American publisher went out of their way to HIDE the fact he was black by not showing him on the covers.

In terms of movies and tv shows-very little.

Although I would suspect to see more positive cop stuff (more individual than a group).

Now for shows like COPS-I think that is over.

First 48 & Live PD-will be back with probably a more balance of who they show.

The issue with shows like those is how many times are you going to constantly show one race of folks?

Because for places where there are no black folks-shows like that feed into racism and stereotyping. Then you wonder why we see incidents at colleges between white kids and black kids.

This is what Ava, Jordan and all those black folks fussing in Hollywood need to pay attention to.

You can't scream more diverse voices and we get the same crap.

We got enough Boy in the Hood starter kit films and shows. We don't need The Chi 2.0 or Power 2.0. No more black male bashing films. We need some balance.

Not every black community is a Sh/t hole. Not every black school is messed up.
    Exactly.

Especially the last paragraph.

Revealing Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, a new adventure from Insomniac Games coming to PlayStation 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title

I'm pretty excited for the new Spider-Man and Ratchet and Clank game that they announced.
    Last edited by Commander Wort; 06-11-2020 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Wort View Post
    I'm pretty excited for the new Spider-Man and Ratchet and Clank game that they announced.
    I usually wait a couple years to buy stuff so its cheap but yeah... tempting as hell just to support Miles tbh