Page 37 of 828 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137537 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This is one long night

Costume person should be fired immediately

Ultimate Member

PSA: Shadow of the Tomb Raider is out -- probably be MIA for a while snappin' necks with Laura -- she ought to be a pro by now.

Games need to let you keep your skills from previous adventures and just throw in new skills and tougher enemies -- a continuous story is great but there's a disconnect there when you lose all the experience (and EQ) you gained in the last adventure.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-14-2018 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    PSA: Shadow of the Tomb Raider is out -- probably be MIA for a while snappin' necks with Laura -- she ought to be a pro by now.

Games need to let you keep your skills from previous adventures and just throw in new skills and tougher enemies -- a continuous story is great but there's a disconnect there when you lose all the experience (and EQ) you gained in the last adventure.
    Sorry I don't understand a lot of gamer lingo. What does EQ mean?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I know right, it was mind boggling to me because the time he was in the spotlight, PG wasn't even there. She was still on Earth 1, and yet when the she did appear in Earth 2, that's when the new writer came in and decide to trash him to bits. And yet somehow he was getting the spotlight even though he somehow became a kryptonian jobber. It really just goes to show you how asinine the comic book demographic can be, but it's no different than any fandom really.

And I'm hoping for the same. To be honest, if anyone can take Val to new heights, it would be Bendis. He's enough of a blank slate that Bendis can really expand his mythos, and he's pretty much the only writer on DC side who has a history of making minority characters successful sellers.

Combine that with Krypton making the Zod family black, and literally all the signs are indicating to pull the trigger on Val Zod, DC just needs to be willing to do it.
    I forgot how many un-fans Val has on this board.

As far as action goes, Val would basically be doing Christopher Reeve stuff, without getting into slug-fests.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sorry I don't understand a lot of gamer lingo. What does EQ mean?
    Equipment -- might have come from D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) before it came from videogaming though.

And to TR's credit, Laura still has a lot of her old -- and some new -- skills and most of her basic EQ at the beginning of the game.

First blood was the two stealth kills early on -- looking forward to the rest of the hunt.

------
    "None of you seem to understand: I'm not locked in here with you -- you're locked in here with me." -- Rorschach

Edit: I stand corrected again -- Laura doesn't snap necks, she mainly stabs them with the occasional throat slice thrown in for good measure.

Between that and my standard policy of shotgun diplomacy, it's nice to get to wreck shop straight out of the box.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-14-2018 at 11:48 AM.

I really, really wish they'd relaunch "Legacy of Kain" as either a Pillars of Eternity/Infinity Engine style CRPG or something with the scope and in the style of Witcher III.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I really, really wish they'd relaunch "Legacy of Kain" as either a Pillars of Eternity/Infinity Engine style CRPG or something with the scope and in the style of Witcher III.
    I think that's one of those Jade Empire-remake situations -- everybody talks about it but it but it probably won't happen anytime soon.

https://www.finder.com.au/crystal-dynamics-interview

On the plus side, Pillars of Eternity 2 is getting a PS4 release.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02...onsole-release
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-14-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    What is with that hair?

Why this curly sh!t?

Anna Diop is a beautiful woman, the producers should have done a little more to bring out her natural looks within the "alien" stuff.
    Curly hair as opposed to straight hair? Is straight hair suppose to bring out Anna Diop's natural beauty? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Man, you would think someone would be(or already have) tried to take a new run at this IP.

While I know that the photos thus far don't exactly look promising, this pair of articles sounds a bit better than those photos would lead one to believe...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...12-hour-movie/

Titans is Less “Procedural” and More of a “12-Hour Movie”
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...son-in-titans/

The Antagonism Between Dick and Jason in Titans

I don't appreciate DC not showing Starfire's costume, people are still saying negative crap about Anna, making jokes etc, Anna can't even attempt to come back to social media b/c DC keeps teasing fans with images showing the character in the outfit people dislike, wouldn't it make sense to allieviate the hate your employee is going through even if they're no longer on social media to deal with it.

Despite BAME being explained, if you go on Reddit all you'll see is people freaking out about a black Ciri, or jokes about how *insert popular black male* is playing Ciri now. I guess black-ness is the worst thing a character can be or rather be changed into.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 09-15-2018 at 06:22 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Any Devil May Cry fans here?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I don't appreciate DC not showing Starfire's costume...
    I think they have shown the only costume she has for season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I think they have shown the only costume she has for season 1.
    Yep. All this "it is just from a party! relax" stuff is just well... crap lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I don't appreciate DC not showing Starfire's costume, people are still saying negative crap about Anna, making jokes etc, Anna can't even attempt to come back to social media b/c DC keeps teasing fans with images showing the character in the outfit people dislike, wouldn't it make sense to allieviate the hate your employee is going through even if they're no longer on social media to deal with it.

Despite BAME being explained, if you go on Reddit all you'll see is people freaking out about a black Ciri, or jokes about how *insert popular black male* is playing Ciri now. I guess black-ness is the worst thing a character can be or rather be changed into.
    Whatever else can be said about the costume, racist pricks giving Diop a hard time is not on DC. These guys would find any excuse to crap on her no matter what DC did. We saw that with the backlash she got before any trailers or set photos were revealed. It is NOT DC's job to tell fans to behave themselves.

There is a lot we can blame DC for. Fans harassing actresses isn't one of them.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-15-2018 at 07:30 AM.