Page 370 of 826 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420470 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 12382

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I think that Logan also has 4 kids. Daken, Jimmy Hudson (His son from earth-1610, if he's still around, he made it over from the ultimate universe too.), Laura, and Honey Badger.
    ...and his daughter Reine (mother's a sorceress) and his son Raze (mother's Mystique). Its starting to get kinda silly at this point. A joke can be made that Wolverine's on all these teams to afford back child support.

Yep, Green Scar is the name, and breaking the world his his game. Apparently he keeps the other personas in line. Ewing is probably the first writer since Peter David, who I think came up with the idea, to really play up that Bruce has DID, and the hulks are different personas, while Bruce is the Primary. Savage is a child, Joe fixit's a teenager, Devil's a dad.
    Ooooh. Hm. I remember originally Savage and Fixit were just repressed aspects of Bruce's mind: the helplessness he felt as a child (which is why Savage talks in child like gibberish) and the angst he felt because of that as a teen (Fixit's rebel with an attitude demeanor). Making it full blown DID, though, meh...and researching this apparently there's also a GUILT Hulk?

I do like the idea of Devil Hulk (also referred to as Immortal Hulk) representing, and I'm quoting wiki here, "Banner's desire for a protective father figure, and that Banner's inability to "imagine love without pain" is why he had previously perceived it as being a malevolent, Satanic entity." To be honest, Savage, Fixit, and Immortal should be the only personas besides the merged one. Child, teenager, adult. Immortal should be easiest to overcome, just take care of your damn kids, Bruce. lol

But that's my two cents as someone tired of Marvel's policy of dynamic inactivity. "He made a bomb only to become a bomb and doggone it that's his niche till the end of time!"
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 08-13-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    ...and his daughter Reine (mother's a sorceress) and his son Raze (mother's Mystique). Its starting to get kinda silly at this point. A joke can be made that Wolverine's on all these teams to afford back child support.

Ooooh. Hm. I remember originally Savage and Fixit were just repressed aspects of Bruce's mind: the helplessness he felt as a child (which is why Savage talks in child like gibberish) and the angst he felt because of that as a teen (Fixit's rebel with an attitude demeanor). Making it full blown DID, though, meh...and researching this apparently there's also a GUILT Hulk?

I do like the idea of Devil Hulk (also referred to as Immortal Hulk) representing, and I'm quoting wiki here, "Banner's desire for a protective father figure, and that Banner's inability to "imagine love without pain" is why he had previously perceived it as being a malevolent, Satanic entity." To be honest, Savage, Fixit, and Immortal should be the only personas besides the merged one. Child, teenager, adult. Immortal should be easiest to overcome, just take care of your damn kids, Bruce. lol

But that's my two cents as someone tired of Marvel's policy of dynamic inactivity. "He made a bomb only to become a bomb and doggone it that's his niche till the end of time!"
    There's also Kluh, the Hulk's hulk, from when he gets sad, but I think they forgot about that, thank the one above all. Bruce always manages to accept himself or get rid of the Hulk, until he doesn't. Ben Grimm finds a way to become human, until he doesn't. Marvel heroes always seem to have some sort of issue they can never get over. Spider-Man and Daredevil have massive guilt. Reed and Doom have their superiority complexes, though Reed's is more downplayed, Hulk has anger and daddy issues, and now thanks to Jason Aaron, Thor has major insecurity in addition to daddy issues. Carol's memories have been changed a few times.

Bruce and Logan should start a support group for how many kids (as well as clones in Wolvie's case) they have.
    Well, Logan stabbed about 30 of them so, he cut down what was out there lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    The consistent thing about the Hulk (with very few exceptions), creators are constantly boosting his power levels, often at the expense of other characters. At some point, Hulk should surpass Galactus.

Meanwhile, a clear adamantium ceiling exists for Black Panther.

I recall a promo image during the Hudlin era stating BP had Cap's brawn, Stark's wealth (but richer), and Reed's intelligence. I would add Doom's level of resources.

Action, political intrigue, mysticism, social commentary, and science fiction are just five genre's BP stories are part of. Plus, the man is pure Alpha, yet speaks like poet.

It's amazing how Chadwick brought the character to life.

When someone defeats BP, it should be a big thing, but its just another day at the office. BP takes way too many L's compared to Namor & Doom, two mentally/emotionally unstable rulers.

The lack of creativity put into Black Panther is criminal.
    Yeah, it is amazing.

You have a character with reeds intellect AND the resources of Wakanda behind him.

He is Batman on every steroid imaginable (including a magical herb that gives him a connection to a God)

... and .... there is no creativity there. Because no writer really wants to write the character
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

With Outsiders and JLO ending in October, besides Far Sector, DC won't have any POC lead books come November and as far as I know they haven't hinted at any new upcoming ones. I know there's plenty of time between then and now to announce something but, I'm still wary considering that would mean immediately giving new books to characters whose series just ended and that's really only something that the really big characters get regularly. I mean if they're not immediately giving any of the characters a new book that means nothing with Black Lightning, Mr. Terrific, Katanna, Jessica Cruz, Duke Thomas, or Cassandra Cain. I know there's Justice League but they haven't treated Cyborg very well and I haven't heard anything particularly impressive being done with John Stewart.

Astonishing Member

I miss Hudlin, and how he booked Black Panther as a strong major player.

Even Geoff Johns (of all people) wrote a pretty engaging Black Panther (but he wisely followed the Priest formula).

I am so tired of the Hulk. Hulk is so boring to me. I have only enjoyed a handful of stories. Hulk has a boring rogue's gallery (thus often having to borrow from other heroes when he's not beating them down), ever increasing limitless strength, and now immortal. I think MCU Hulk is the only incarnation that I truly like.
    I've genuinely enjoyed The Totally Awesome Hulk. Amadeus's journey as pinned by Greg Pak was engaging and fun. First time I really connected with Cho's character; prior writers tended to make him insufferable in a way that isn't very fun to follow along with. This was also the first time I really engaged with the Hulk in general (though I did watch and enjoy the Hulk and the Agents of Smash cartoon series). Even since becoming Brawn, I've been enjoying Pak's work on Amadeus's character, though I do miss his days as the unambiguous, Totally Awesome Hulk.

Otherwise, both prior and since, Hulk has always been so-so for me as a property and as the character of Bruce Banner. Never my personal go-to, even if I never had issues with him being around. And as much praise as it gets, I can't say I'm Interested in the currently ongoing Immortal Hulk run. I will say I'm not too fond of when they indulge the more insane takes of the Bruce Banner's character.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 08-13-2020 at 01:49 PM.

Astonishing Member

Agreed, but I like the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. Hulk too.
    I can concur.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    With Outsiders and JLO ending in October, besides Far Sector, DC won't have any POC lead books come November and as far as I know they haven't hinted at any new upcoming ones. I know there's plenty of time between then and now to announce something but, I'm still wary considering that would mean immediately giving new books to characters whose series just ended and that's really only something that the really big characters get regularly. I mean if they're not immediately giving any of the characters a new book that means nothing with Black Lightning, Mr. Terrific, Katanna, Jessica Cruz, Duke Thomas, or Cassandra Cain. I know there's Justice League but they haven't treated Cyborg very well and I haven't heard anything particularly impressive being done with John Stewart.
    As much as it didn't really help Duke (aside from keeping him in current readers' consciousness), it is a shame that Outsiders is ending and leaving so many POC characters in limbo. As good as Far Sector seems to be, that is still but a single book, not to mention it really feels like it is "of the DC Universe, but not a part of it", if that makes sense. (Sure, some might argue that's a good thing, but still.)

I totally get what you mean about Far Sector, it is good but it could easily be considered an AU which is pretty sad and not a great look for the POC of DC.

There's been murmurings about Cassandra Cain becoming Batgirl again.

Mr. Terrific is currently in Strange Adventures and people seem to be responding better to his appearances in that compared to the actual protagonist of the book.

The Other History of the DC Universe will spotlight a lot of POC characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    As much as it didn't really help Duke (aside from keeping him in current readers' consciousness), it is a shame that Outsiders is ending and leaving so many POC characters in limbo. As good as Far Sector seems to be, that is still but a single book, not to mention it really feels like it is "of the DC Universe, but not a part of it", if that makes sense. (Sure, some might argue that's a good thing, but still.)
    I totally get what you mean about Far Sector, it is good but it could easily be considered an AU which is pretty sad and not a great look for the POC of DC.
    My understanding was that it was deliberate from a writing standpoint so that Jo would be immersed in an alien culture completely divorced from Earth and they wouldn't have to worry about continuity or six other Green Lanterns.

Astonishing Member

Exactly. Distance has its advantages, but also its disadvantages. It is easier to downplay, dismiss, or ignore by both readerbases outside those who are following the book and by other creative teams and editorial inside the company. There needs to be a balance. Being a POC character just makes the situation more potentially perilous.

All this talk makes me miss Kenan Kong even more. He was the New Super-Man for those who don't remember. I liked his character, really liked his costume, the Justice League of China was really interesting to read about too. Now that Jon's a teenager and Connor's back Ill probably never see him again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well, Logan stabbed about 30 of them so, he cut down what was out there lol

Yeah, it is amazing.

You have a character with reeds intellect AND the resources of Wakanda behind him.

He is Batman on every steroid imaginable (including a magical herb that gives him a connection to a God)

... and .... there is no creativity there. Because no writer really wants to write the character
    The other thing I forgot to mention...T'Challa is unintentionally hilarious. T'Challa is so literal, yet posses dry humor. Priest, Liss, McDuffie (RIP), Geoff Jones (Ugh), & Hudlin have highlighted how unpredictable, and thus funny, BP is. Granted, I have not seriously followed T'Challa since his daddy made him cry.

Black Panther has a lot in common with various incarnations of Doctor Who.

Chadwick followed the same formula in the films.

Modern writers are just no bueno.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I've genuinely enjoyed The Totally Awesome Hulk. Amadeus's journey as pinned by Greg Pak was engaging and fun. First time I really connected with Cho's character; prior writers tended to make him insufferable in a way that isn't very fun to follow along with. This was also the first time I really engaged with the Hulk in general (though I did watch and enjoy the Hulk and the Agents of Smash cartoon series). Even since becoming Brawn, I've been enjoying Pak's work on Amadeus's character, though I do miss his days as the unambiguous, Totally Awesome Hulk.

Otherwise, both prior and since, Hulk has always been so-so for me as a property and as the character of Bruce Banner. Never my personal go-to, even if I never had issues with him being around. And as much praise as it gets, I can't say I'm Interested in the currently ongoing Immortal Hulk run. I will say I'm not too fond of when they indulge the more insane takes of the Bruce Banner's character.
    Outside the Avengers' run where he was with Hercules, I never following Cho.

Banner Hulk is too much like the excess of Wolverine......I can only take them in doses.

Both really need to have limits set. Writers need to find other ways to make them interesting. No stakes if they never get hurt, or tired during fights. They get more dangerous while their opponents wear down.

I loved the beatdown Thanos gave Hulk in Infinity War. Some powerhouse with legit fighting skill should be able to defeat the Hulk.

Characters like Thor & Hercules, with centuries of fighting beings more powerful than them, should be able to consistently defeat the Hulk.

Extraordinary Member

The King was correct.

The other thing I forgot to mention...T'Challa is unintentionally hilarious. T'Challa is so literal, yet posses dry humor. Priest, Liss, McDuffie (RIP), Geoff Jones (Ugh), & Hudlin have highlighted how unpredictable, and thus funny, BP is. Granted, I have not seriously followed T'Challa since his daddy made him cry.

Black Panther has a lot in common with various incarnations of Doctor Who.

Chadwick followed the same formula in the films.

Modern writers are just no bueno.
    He had his moments in EMH and Avengers Assemble, too.