Page 375 of 827 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376377378379385425475 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 12394

According to that link he simply wasn't asked to return. Sounds like he'd be game but he wasn't invited. Important distinction here, but I guess "Wachowskis didn't want Morpheus back" isn't as salacious.

One of the commenters suggested as a theory, "This is set centuries in the future with copies of Neo and Trinity...hence Morpheus’s absence".

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    According to that link he simply wasn't asked to return. Sounds like he'd be game but he wasn't invited. Important distinction here, but I guess "Wachowskis didn't want Morpheus back" isn't as salacious.

One of the commenters suggested as a theory, "This is set centuries in the future with copies of Neo and Trinity...hence Morpheus’s absence".
    he was pretty much sidelined in #3 anyway.

you'd think it would be a big deal to learn "The One" was kinda bullshit and would be a big arc of him going through **** because of it but i honestly don't remember a single thing he did in #3 that had anything to do with Neo?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    he was pretty much sidelined in #3 anyway.

you'd think it would be a big deal to learn "The One" was kinda bullshit and would be a big arc of him going through **** because of it but i honestly don't remember a single thing he did in #3 that had anything to do with Neo?
    The Club Hell fight. That had to do with rescuing Neo's mind from the Train Station. That's about it. After his reunion with Neo at the Train Station they never met up again. I think, not really interested in seeing Revolutions again to be sure lol.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Lebron James reveals new Tune Squad jersey.

https://twitter.com/LJFamFoundation/...sey-sneak-peek
    It's not bad but the original is still the best.

Laurence Fishburne will not be returning for Matrix 4

https://www.themarysue.com/laurence-...r-in-matrix-4/
    Clearly I missed a morsel of geekdom at some point cause I feel that the lead is being buried... an actual Matrix 4 is being produced? Really, where's that giant obnoxious 1000x1000 size 'Why?' image people used to post on boards 15 years ago? Didn't the last one wrap and we kinda felt it's been all diminishing returns since the first? Hell, at this point I'm back to thinking of Keanu as 1 of the Wyld Stallyns (thanks for nothing YT).

No ****, I wouldn't have asked Larry back neither. Not him, Jada Pinkett, my mans from OZ and The Best Man, Roy Jones Jr, hell, Dresser... I'm like what path is this even could take? The Muppett Babies route or the Star Wars prequels. Creatively Hollywood has moved on from the single big bad to the shadowy conglomerate big bads and they kind of missed that, I don't see any other play.

So what isthe most memorable role that first comes to mind regarding our Laurence Fishburne? Dude got such an early start, at this point he got about 3 generations of fans.

For me it's all pre-Biker Boys. The one-two punch of 1A- Boyz in the Hood. At this point the Furious Styles approach to parenting is an established method on several levels.

1B- John mfkn Hull from Deep Cover. That's my jam, don't know and really not trippin' on if it's on Blu-Ray. I still have my tried and true standard ass DVD with the plastic clasp on the side and the scratches on the disc cause it's been rocked for like 20 years. It's not only high on the list of favortieist Fishburne movies but's it's actually my 2nd favorite Jeff Goldblum movie behind The Fly (and this one episode of Portlandia with the knots lol), yo. Deep Cover had some of the coldest lines of hard dialogue ever. There's one exchange- so not NSFW, said by the great Hispanic actor Gregory Sierra that uses 2 racial identifiers and 2 racial slurs, in a wild racist context in the span of about 1 minute that set's the 3rd act up. I had to be all of 15 when I first saw it and I remember doing a true spit take laughing my ass off.

David Jason: What's the most intense sex thing you ever did? You ever, uh, been with two women at the same time?
    John Hull: Yeah, your mother and your father.

Haha, zing. No? Yea it's a lil blue, how bout-

David Jason: This is John Hull, my new associate.
    - Betty McCutcheon: Your new Eddie. I hear the old one wore out.
    - David Jason: Well. Factory recall. This is the advanced model.

Lol, ****... yea, Eddie was murdered. My favorite line though- "I'll see you soon David." "Yea, yea, we'll have shirmp."...

Victoria Dillard was pretty fine in the movie too and shoutout to the black movie trailer voice guy too we used to get from the 90's.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

So, Megan Thee Stallion confirmed that Tory Lanez her.

FROM BEHIND!

That guy is the biggest coward ever.

HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Who's the metal guy behind Static?

Also, isn't it odd to have Vibe there since he isn't black?

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Probably Steel

As mathew101281 said, Steel.

He's the non-black token

So according to a certain type of people on the net, the only reason Ray Fisher implicated Geoff Johns is because of Stargirl being "anti-woke".

So according to a certain type of people on the net, the only reason Ray Fisher implicated Geoff Johns is because of Stargirl being "anti-woke".
    What does that even mean? They mean the Stargirl show? If so, how is it anti-woke (I've only seen the first few episodes)? And what does Stargirl have to do with Ray Fisher?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    What does that even mean? They mean the Stargirl show? If so, how is it anti-woke (I've only seen the first few episodes)? And what does Stargirl have to do with Ray Fisher?
    My thoughts exactly.

What’s the connection?

In the final two episodes of season 1, it is revealed that the true goal of the main villains is spoilers:
    to make American embrace free health care, eco-friendly power sources and anti-bigotry. This was first hinted at in an earlier episode when Icicle, the leader of the ISA, killed a corrupt executive whose company had caused the death of his wife through their dumping of toxins illegally.

The ISA intend to have their telepathic member Brainwave to influence the minds of the entire Midwest using a machine very similar to Cerebro from X-Men. This will only affect "developed minds" aka adults, so teens and children will be unaffected. The catch is that there are people who will fight too hard against it and roughly 25 million people will likely wind up dying.
    end of spoilers

Despite the fact that this show has a racially diverse team of heroes and is pushing any anti-diversity or anti-liberal stance, certain people on the net have embraced it as the anti-woke counter to stuff like Black Lightning and Batwoman simply because of these last two episodes. And apparently, the reason Johns is being accused of enabling Whedon's abuse by Fisher is because of these last two episodes as a ploy to get him kicked off the show to stop CW from "woking it up".

Keep in mind that Fisher made these accusations early last month and the Stargirl episodes I'm talking about aired only this month. So for Fisher to be doing this because he took offense at the show would mean he could see into the future and knew what the twist was going to be.

Ultimate Member

So Ray was there for the filming and even the writing of those episodes?

He might need to worry about that Flash movie let alone DC being mulitverse now. That means if they want Cyborg in a JL movie-they can now use Doom Patrol version instead of him.

And John Boyega finally told off Star Wars fans. Because he is still getting trolled by the toxic ones. Lets just say a 4 letter f word was used to tell folks to BLEEP off.